90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I dunno if it was posted but here we go

I love Nine Inch Nails and I have seen them live several times. Industrial is my favorite kinda music. My friend @Vonpol and I were pretty young when we got into Nine Inch Nails and we did so I believe 2 years before Closer (Downward) came out. My favorite song is probably Only Time off of PHM. Anyways I'll never forget seeing these cheerleaders running down the hallway holding hands saying " I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE A ANIMAL"

Oh man the mainstream feels still hurt. Took awhile for me to overcome the shitters singing that in middle school.

Great song but it was Waaaaaaaaay overplayed in 1994-1995. The radio edit even made it worse.
The whip sound or the no word version?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
when i heard it for the first time, i was like, wow this is fucking nostalgia

of course by then you google (well i guess back then you aol'd) and you hear the original stu phillips theme

and youre like ffuck you busta

maybe it's a stolen theme?

i don't give a fuck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mmbop by Hansen

Pretty much anything by Rihanna, Katy Perry, or Pitbull in the early 2010's

That "That's just how I feel" song in the late 2010's

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think this was more technology important (polymorphing) than the song was good

don't get me wrong a new mj song in the 90s had a world wide press release and smooth criminal is the greatest music video, but this mj song is no where on my list of mj songs i liked (tune is catchy is all)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mmbop by Hansen
A friend of mine in high school had the original album before it became a pop hit and it is a much better and more interesting song. Especially for a bunch of kids.

1694472602867.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember when this song first came out. I was very early into my "I like techno" stage, and this always gave me a techno vibe. I didn't even realize it was Cher until years later. I always imagined that it was a black chick singing. This song is also what officially started off the AutoTune craziness that has since taken over the music industry.

Anyway, I remember driving around in my '97 Chevy Cavalier blasting bullshit music and this came on and I thought it was cool. I really dislike it now, though.
It was a catchy song. The thing that always amazed me was the very start of the song that initiates a sound effect that comes from an earlier ELO Album. Its right at the 7-15 second mark. The same sound can be heard at the very end of ELO's Time album.

A picture was posted but this was played way too much..

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was a catchy song. The thing that always amazed me was the very start of the song that initiates a sound effect that comes from an earlier ELO Album. Its right at the 7-15 second mark. The same sound can be heard at the very end of ELO's Time album.

A picture was posted but this was played way too much..

we didnt get much country in the NYC area radio stations, but they loved playing that one.
i did like that one Garth Brooks song they played.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I remember working my first job as a bicycle mechanic when I was a sophomore in high school and "Achy Breaky Heart" came on the radio in the shop and the delivery guy walked through and said "Do you like this song?". I was like "I don't know, I guess it's okay." and he said "It's crap. 5 years from now everyone will hate it." He was totally right.

"Friends in Low Places" is a classic bar song.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember working my first job as a bicycle mechanic when I was a sophomore in high school and "Achy Breaky Heart" came on the radio in the shop and the delivery guy walked through and said "Do you like this song?". I was like "I don't know, I guess it's okay." and he said "It's crap. 5 years from now everyone will hate it." He was totally right.

"Friends in Low Places" is a classic bar song.

lol I feel like there is more to the story. That song fucking sucked D.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol I feel like there is more to the story. That song fucking sucked D.
chick i was dating in the late 90s had more than a little redneck in her and she loved the shit out of that song (low places). she tended bar and when that song came on the juke, she jacked up the volume and yelled at all the bikers to sing along with her. it was surreal. she did the same for any Marshall Tucker or Allman Bros song. its a fun song. i dont mind hearing it.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
chick i was dating in the late 90s had more than a little redneck in her and she loved the shit out of that song (low places). she tended bar and when that song came on the juke, she jacked up the volume and yelled at all the bikers to sing along with her. it was surreal. its a fun song. i dont mind hearing it.
I was talking about Achy Breaky Heart

• 1Like