90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so is chuck!

stareb.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
that song is an abomination. i dont know anyone that liked that. i knew two black dudes who were country as hell and they wouldnt even rock with that shit.
I remember it getting played at dances and kids getting out on the floor together for whatever the line dance people were doing to it at the time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Achy Breaky Heart is "our" version of today's Old Town Road.

And I'll be damned if that homo hasn't had some catchy songs, but this isn't one of them.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
90s, good, overplayed to the point of revulsion, good again

The Beastie Boys are the shittiest and cringiest band to ever exist in any universe

The Watcher himself recoils in horror and refuses to look in on our universe any more after witnessing one of their songs

The only good thing about the 90s being over is that now the only reason anyone plays that nauseating bullshit is retarded nostalgia

• 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sabotage was murdered. I don't hate it, I loved that song along with that other hit off that album. But I cannot listen to it anymore. When I saw it being used for The Marvels trailer, I knew it was a red flag for a tone deaf film.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
that song is an abomination. i dont know anyone that liked that. i knew two black dudes who were country as hell and they wouldnt even rock with that shit.
Hindsight. It was #1 on the country charts for 5 weeks and hit #4 on the pop charts. It also had its own line dance as someone else mentioned. People liked it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hindsight. It was #1 on the country charts for 5 weeks and hit #4 on the pop charts. It also had its own line dance as someone else mentioned. People liked it.
to each their own. as i said we dont get a lot of country songs this way. thats not to say i dont like country music. i love old country songs and southern rock bands.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This song irritated the fuck out of me it was played SOOOO fucking much. On multiple stations. From 2001 but still.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First girl I ever smashed and my first "serious" girlfriend (because 6 months is "serious" when you're 15) had this as "our song". Gay as fuck, but always brings back a lot of good nostalgia.
I've always thought Eve6 was underrated. Love that band, even still.
I never got tired of this one

She was so fucking goddamn hot in this. Jesus goddamn Christ, maybe the hottest singular look on a woman ever. And some of that is my 12 year old pee-pee talking, but even me at 38 gets hard to that hoe.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember watching a vh1 special in the last 10-15 years (maybe?) where it talked about the top 50 or 100 worst songs of all time. Pretty sure that ABH was #1, Rico Suave was definitely on there, as was Breakfast at Tiffany's

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I dunno if it was posted but here we go

I love Nine Inch Nails and I have seen them live several times. Industrial is my favorite kinda music. My friend @Vonpol and I were pretty young when we got into Nine Inch Nails and we did so I believe 2 years before Closer (Downward) came out. My favorite song is probably Only Time off of PHM. Anyways I'll never forget seeing these cheerleaders running down the hallway holding hands saying " I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE A ANIMAL"

Oh man the mainstream feels still hurt. Took awhile for me to overcome the shitters singing that in middle school.

Great song but it was Waaaaaaaaay overplayed in 1994-1995. The radio edit even made it worse.

i loved Closer, but my god. The radio absolutely bukakkied your ears with it. They tried that with Head Like a Hole. Luckily it was such a badass song that it weathered the storm. Even luckier, Trent Reznor released so many remixes of his albums that us cool kids had different versions of all these songs that the radio never played. Further Down The Spiral comes to mind.

Hello fellow NiN enjoyers

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I remember watching a vh1 special in the last 10-15 years (maybe?) where it talked about the top 50 or 100 worst songs of all time. Pretty sure that ABH was #1, Rico Suave was definitely on there, as was Breakfast at Tiffany's
At least he gave the world a hot daughter that whored herself out for absolutely no reason.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure if this song fits here since this song was terrible from the start.

• 1Barf

Mandriana

i notice nobody ever complains Radiohead was overplayed during the 90s, or Alice in Chains or STP or Soundgarden, even the most overplayed song of the 90s, Smells Like Teen Spirit, nobody got sick of them.
Combo breaker.

Creep can go away. Interstate Love Song and Plush can go away. Man in the Box and Your Decision (yes, I know, it's not 90s, but got more overplayed than MITB) can go away now. Spoonman, and pretty much the entire Nevermind album can also go away now.

Come at me bro!

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users