90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

Mandriana

Their "live" album with this song was my first ever CD purchase I think, I think I must have listened to it 100x when I was a teenager. My ears sunk into the mold of their live sound and I really dug it, but other then Genesis the way we walk I can't think of any other songs or albums I prefer the Live version to the studio.
I personally prefer, almost across the board, all of NIN's live versions, to the lacking heaviness in the balls album versions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Combo breaker.

Creep can go away. Interstate Love Song and Plush can go away. Man in the Box and Your Decision (yes, I know, it's not 90s, but got more overplayed than MITB) can go away now. Spoonman, and pretty much the entire Nevermind album can also go away now.

Come at me bro!
i notice you didnt mention this one.
or this one
AiC was fucking awesome with Dirt and Tripod(its what we called their self titled album)

Mandriana

i notice you didnt mention this one.
or this one
AiC was fucking awesome with Dirt and Tripod(its what we called their self titled album)
Oddly, those AIC songs never got nearly the same airplay as MITB.

"Would" I got number to, from playing it live in bands throughout the 00s and early 10s.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

"Would" I got number to, from playing it live in bands throughout the 00s and early 10s.
Man in the box was very overplayed, but its still a great song. i dont recall ever hating on it. the video was horrible though. Again wasnt that big a hit, but i think thats probably because its a really heavy song. its why i love heavy metal. except for Metallica and a few Ozzy songs. Metal has been relatively underground for 50 years. though there isnt an Ozzy song i dont like. they tried really hard with Paranoid and No More Tears, but those songs are still fantastic.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She was so fucking goddamn hot in this. Jesus goddamn Christ, maybe the hottest singular look on a woman ever. And some of that is my 12 year old pee-pee talking, but even me at 38 gets hard to that hoe.
Tear her in half with this dick namsayin

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
She was so fucking goddamn hot in this. Jesus goddamn Christ, maybe the hottest singular look on a woman ever. And some of that is my 12 year old pee-pee talking, but even me at 38 gets hard to that hoe.

TIL Kirun is into androgynous teenagers.

You probably don't want to...
licensed-image

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Not much I can really add to here. Most of the music I loved from the 90s I still mostly enjoy (though my tastes have changed). I'd say the only music I'd change the channel on if it came on the Radio now, vs having turned the dial up to 11 back in the day, is Nirvana. I can't really say why. I was almost the #1 Nirvana fan back in the day. I don't really hate them, or the music, and I can still appreciate a lot of what they did (especially the Unplugged album). I think it is more a case of having "overdosed" on it and still not having recovered. I even took my Nirvana CDs and sold them at a second hand store about 20 years ago.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
TIL Kirun is into androgynous teenagers.
She was 22 in that video.

The fact you think she looks like an "androgynous teenager" in it says a lot more about you than it does about me, ya fuckin' weirdo. Nice self own.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I personally prefer, almost across the board, all of NIN's live versions, to the lacking heaviness in the balls album versions.
True also for the Still LP, with decided lack of heaviness in the balls throughout

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

"Would" is a staple of the cover band circuit for good reason, despite a lot of the audience having to ask themselves who did the original in most crowds

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I love James but I couldn't listen to this song for like 20 years after being saturated with it in every club I went to in the late 80s/90s.