All Stephen King Books

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually enjoyed Rose Madder. I think that came from his weird women power phase (with Dolores Claiborne, Gerald's Game, another one or two I can't think of) but it really wasn't that bad. It was no It or the Stand, mind, but enjoyable enough.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's a spot towards the end where Rose the Hat monologues to herself about how she's being underestimated and how the True Knot is much more powerful together all in one place etc. etc. and I wanted to tell here that she's the one doing the underestimating and that this is the part of the story where King is going to sabotage you because of his completely misguided views on the subject of evil.

Oh, they are much more powerful together? You can tell that because all but two of them get jobbed outinstantly.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Is there every a bad black person in a Stephen King book, or are they all mystical and selfless?

And is every bad person always white and racist?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is there every a bad black person in a Stephen King book, or are they all mystical and selfless?

Only Detta Walker if you want to count her. Don't believe there are any others, and even she lends her savagery to the benefit of the group later in the DT novels when Susanna needs it.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Finders Keepers is the second novel with the protagonist from Mr. Mercedes. It's pretty good and worth the read...er listen. If you liked Mr. Mercedes you will like this one.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, guys, I'll pick it up then...
smile.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i cant think of one in the novels, in movies sure there are quite a few, but since all his book villains are white racists, they cant possibly be black or have black henchman. stephen king book black people are always sage and considered as the underdog and never portrayed as having sinister motives.

there is one exception though, in The Stand uncut version where black soldiers are staging on TV executions of their white commanding officers and one guy declaring himself king of the apocalypse or something. i dont consider anything from the uncut version as canon though. that version was a travesty of shit and should never had been made.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Just got The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, his newest short story collection. I really love his short story collections, he seems to experiment alot more with them than when he does in novels and has to throw together an ending.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just finished Bazaar of Bad Dreams and enjoyed it immensely. I still think that SK excels at short stories because he ends most of them far better than his novels. He is also more willing to take risks on crazy ideas if they since they are so short. The only story that I had read somewhere else was Blockade Billy and I *almost* didn't read it again. Thank goodness I decided to as it is probably still one of my favorite short stories he has ever written. There was also a story about a few welfare queens on a roadtrip that is pretty horrifying if you have kids. This one falls in with all of his other short story compilations; if you liked them before then you will like this one too. Now I am sad that I have to wait a few years for his next one.

Edit: Damn Kasted, I didn't see your post before I made mine; but we are in total agreement about his short stories. He is my favorite short story author hands down.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just finished The Gunslinger. I had never read it, I don't think I understand completely what happened at the end of it but I really liked it. Listening to The Drawing of the Three now.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just finished The Gunslinger. I had never read it, I don't think I understand completely what happened at the end of it but I really liked it. Listening to The Drawing of the Three now.

Ah man I'm jealous that you're going through the series for the first time. When you get to the last book, heed the author's warning. I wish I did.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Don't forget to also read Eyes of the Dragon, The Stand, Insomnia, Salem's Lot, and Hearts in Atlantis!

THEY ALL TIE IN YOU'LL BE READING KING FOREVER

Sterling

El Presidente
Eyes of the Dragon is one of his best books I think and rarely gets brought up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
King gets a lot of shit due to how prolific he is but he's written some damn fine stuff.

He's also written some butt.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Don't forget to also read Eyes of the Dragon, The Stand, Insomnia, Salem's Lot, and Hearts in Atlantis!

THEY ALL TIE IN YOU'LL BE READING KING FOREVER
I've read The Stand and insomnia. I always thought Insomnia didn't get enough credit, that's a really good book.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user