All Stephen King Books

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Just finished reading Mr. Mercedes. It's a step from his previous books in that there is no supernatural elements at all. It is basically a crime novel in the lines of Joyland. I liked it, even without the supernatural elements he is still able to write interesting characters and keep a good bit of suspense going on. It's not his best work, but it is still a good read.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Cell was the best King book I've read recently. Dr Sleep was by far the worst. I was ready to quit that one.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Ya I also enjoyed The Cell a lot more then I thought I would. Same goes for Joyland. I have read everything besides his most recent books and the only one I couldn't finish was Lisey's Story. Jesus Christ was that a slow book.

I have never put down a book before (came close with Chris Kluwe's Sparkle Ponies) but there was no way I was going to "push through" that one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Cell is great overall but I hate how a main character that I liked very much dies out of fucking nowhere for no purpose to have her killers then die off screen and then right after a whole new group of characters are introduced that could easily have been killed off instead.

Felt like he was just killing someone off to kill someone off because the formula said so.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Gerald's Game is probably my least favorite King book that I have read.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Survival Instinct(or whatever it's called) freaked me the fuck out. The Jaunt is in the same book I think, and I loved that one.
Indeed. It was from Skeleton Crew, my personal favorite of his short story collections. I loved the Stand, but IT is probably my favorite both because it bleeds a bit into his Dark Tower mythos, but also because I wasn't allowed to read King when I was 11 because my parents thought it was too adult for me, but my grandmother didn't know that so I was able to get the Stand and IT and read them over the summer. Bullshitting your grandparents for fun and profit.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
According tothis articleStephen King's favorite book is:

"It's Lisey's Story," King says. "That's the one I'd recommend. It's the story of a marriage and I hadn't done that before."

Which I find amusing because it is the only book of his (i am a "constant reader") that I only got about 1/3 of the way through before putting it down.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lisey's story wasnt bad, i read it all the way through, its just a little disappointing for a stephen king story. i liked The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon a lot better even if there is no supernatural in that one . its just a good read about a little kid lost in the woods, where Lisey's Story is just boring.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Picking up Revival tomorrow, probably plow through it this weekend after I finish Canticle for Leibowitz(underwhelming, was highly recommended). . Anyone have any feedback yet?

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Finished up Revival on Friday and I liked it. It's definitely more of a Lovecraftian Chtulhu story with a touch of Frankenstein. Lots of buildup to the payoff in the last 50 pages. All in all was a good read for me. You can also sense a bit of influence from Joyland with the carny speak and references.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
2 films easily, maybe you can space out the events over a third film though it could get boring. 4 films? Uh no, there is no way have enough material to make 4 interesting films from that novel unless you borrow from other flagg involved sk novels or just added a bunch of new stuff.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could see 4 I guess, though it's definitely stretching. First just full on Captain Trips disaster movie. 2nd the various groups and pairings coming together. 3rd them establishing their home bases. 4th all conflict, some would have to be manufactured for the movie probably. Not sure how the ending will go over.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The literal Hand of God comes down and detonates the nuclear weapon that Trashcan Man brought into the city (because reasons).

Roll Credits.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is enough for 4 movies if you are interested in making 4 dramas, but if this is to be an exciting franchise of good vs evil you gotta take account of all the major events. First movie, superflu and ends with larry underwood escaping manhattan with cameos introducing mother abigail and flagg.

Secon film people have the visions and head to flagg and abigail and then go to vegas and boulder. Third movie running those towns and the spy plots happen ending with the explosion of the committe house. 4th movie, the last stand and the journey back to boulder? I dunno seems thin to me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you did a series of tight, 90 minute films with each one focusing on just a few characters I think it could work out alright. What I'm fearing is eight hours of The Stand that just go on for goddamn ever.

I also really don't like this trend now of studios wanting blocks of films.