All Stephen King Books

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who's retired from their craft more times? Stephen King or Kevin Spacey?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was organizing my book shelf the other day, and I realized that somehow I misplaced Dark Tower issue 3. No idea where it went, but it isn't in my possession any longer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Shardik ate it?
smile.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's some good casting and the first thing I've heard about this whole project that has got me interested.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Revival still sitting on my nightstand. I'll get to it eventually, but I haven't heard good things.

I think The Stand as four movies is doable but unnecessary. Three would make sense though.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Finished Revival. Better than I expected but not as good as Joyland. Really wish he would do another horror epic like It, Needful Things, etc.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm just getting into King books. Read The Dark Tower 1-6 (women read so slow wtf I wanna finish the series) and then The Stand, and Lisey's Story. It was an absolute struggle to finish Lisey's Story for me, just couldn't get into it at all. Currently working on Insomnia, and despite hearing that it starts extremely slowly I am enjoying it.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The almost stand-alone story of young Roland and Susan Delgado in Dark Tower IV was one of the best stories I've ever read. I liked the Dark Tower series, but even if I didn't, reading it was worth it just to read that story.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm just getting into King books. Read The Dark Tower 1-6 (women read so slow wtf I wanna finish the series) and then The Stand, and Lisey's Story. It was an absolute struggle to finish Lisey's Story for me, just couldn't get into it at all. Currently working on Insomnia, and despite hearing that it starts extremely slowly I am enjoying it.
I have read every SK book except for 4 or 5 that just don't intrigue me at all. Rose Madder and Lisey's Story are two of those that I cannot find the desire to read. That said, the most underrated SK book I have ever read was Duma Key. If you like the slow buildup than it is pretty damn good. Also, if you read the Dark Tower then you should really follow it up with Hearts in Atlantis and then From a Buick 8. Both are great.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I have read every SK book except for 4 or 5 that just don't intrigue me at all. Rose Madder and Lisey's Story are two of those that I cannot find the desire to read. That said, the most underrated SK book I have ever read was Duma Key. If you like the slow buildup than it is pretty damn good. Also, if you read the Dark Tower then you should really follow it up with Hearts in Atlantis and then From a Buick 8. Both are great.
I plan to read both of those, as well as The Eyes of the Dragon

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Decided to pick up doctor sleep, my first since the dark tower books. pretty disappointing as a sequel to the shining, which was very enjoyable. the modern stephen king seems so different to the stephen king of old.

Decided to pick up doctor sleep, my first since the dark tower books. pretty disappointing as a sequel to the shining, which was very enjoyable. the modern stephen king seems so different to the stephen king of old.
He is old an comfortable now. He also isn't binge writing while riding on a wave of coke and booze any more.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the prologue chapter of Doctor Sleep a great deal but I have a very hard time getting from Danny as a kid to Danny as an alcoholic failure as an adult. I didn't like the book's message on heredity or any of the Alcoholics Anonymous stuff and as per usual the villains all get jobbed out in an anti-climatic conclusion to the story.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, it never feels like there's much danger for the main characters. any problems that arise are almost immediately resolved. he props up the villains as cunning and dangerous, but at the same time humanizes them and has them mostly just bumbling around.