Anarchy Online New Graphics Engine

Silence_sl

shitlord
AO just hit its 15 year anniversary. All accounts are available to play / login right now (through July? I think).

I'm gonna fiddle around in it for a while and roll a new character.
That's pretty cool. I was in an awesome guild, but haven't played in eons. It was fun spending an evening just to wrangle on a new bit of equipment. The game also had a really abusive leveling curve. I took a year off. An org member was L180 when I left and L219 when I returned. Max level was 220.

Silence_sl

shitlord
AO just hit its 15 year anniversary. All accounts are available to play / login right now (through July? I think).

I'm gonna fiddle around in it for a while and roll a new character.
Through July 11th. I tried both my old accounts, and can't log in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really wish another sci-fi mmo would come out that is good. The genre is plagued with endless fantasy titles. This game was amazing and did so many innovative things, if only their infrastructure wasn't so horrid for the launch.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're also granting full expansion flags for subbing for a month during this.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Bumping because this was just released on steam. No major benefit other than being free to play for the original and notum wars expansion.

Nostalgia brought me in to peak and I lost a couple of days once inside. The loot tables are the best part of this game imo and I find the classes to be pretty diverse.

Anyways - worth a 2 Gig download if you are bored - or if you really cant stand the graphics give the new beta client a go, I prefer the steam version tho.

Zalere

N00b
Jen and I played again last year for a while. We leveled up an Engi and Crat and just duo'd the shit out of everything until late SL/Inferno where it started to get rough. This whore of an mmo will always be special to me. And to this day, it still has some of the best music ever. Funcom is incredibly talented with story, art, creativity, and music, but fall on their faces when it comes to infrastructure. It's a real shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Jen and I played again last year for a while. We leveled up an Engi and Crat and just duo'd the shit out of everything until late SL/Inferno where it started to get rough. This whore of an mmo will always be special to me. And to this day, it still has some of the best music ever. Funcom is incredibly talented with story, art, creativity, and music, but fall on their faces when it comes to infrastructure. It's a real shame.
Yup, I am spinning this up to play from scratch for the first time in a long time. We shall see how far I get.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Took me some time to figure out how to level past the newbie area.
Head into the subway - level there till around 20ish.
At ~25 I went to Temple of Three Winds. Highly recommended. The old method of getting there doesnt work but there is an easy quest in ICC that takes like 5 minutes for a free portal whenever you feel like going.
Between 20-25 I tried missions but without a good way to travel I found these to be too much running around. I just did the grind.
Three winds is big - should take me to 60 easy.

Saetos's Guide to the Temple of Three Winds!!

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last time I played this for more than a month was when a_skeleton_03, Zarcath, and a good few others all played. Think a_skeleton_03 was the only one that stuck around for more than a few weeks. The music and gameplay is indeed great. I may come back. ToTW quest is different as mentioned by Tredge.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I could only get to 1080 with the steam client.

The downloaded beta client "new engine" goes higher but I found it buggy and prefer the game at 1080 now.
I have this stupid 1024x768 box with black bars around it.

I didn't make it to 2017 for this to happen.

Is there any reason to use or not use one client over the other?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seeing this thread gives me the urge to play again. AO will always have a special place in my heart. Is SL free? it was better to level there unless they changed stuff.