Ancient Civilizations

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Slaves were not that expendable, they would have provided them shelter and the certainly had to feed them (which means a huge logistical support network). Egypt didn't have places to just go capture large amounts of replacement slaves. They had deserts to the east, deserts to the west, water to the north, and easily defended rough terrain to the south that was continually held by a less than friendly foreign state.
They were nog POWs from nubia.

Nobody cared.

Burns

They were nog POWs from nubia.

Nobody cared.
There doesn't seem to be any evidence that they pushed very far into Nubia; most of the deep desert is impenetrable to militaries and the terrain becomes very rough as you cross into that part of the Nile. I doubt border skirmishes would produce enough slaves for them to make the ones they already captured expendable, and it would certainly be difficult to keep former soldiers in servitude, without a large amount of a security.

Also, you want to reference the wiki page on how slavery was used, but disregard this whole bit, eh?
2024-07-21 22.15.38 en.m.wikipedia.org 5b79cebf5cb7.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There doesn't seem to be any evidence that they pushed very far into Nubia; most of the deep desert is impenetrable to militaries and the terrain becomes very rough as you cross into that part of the Nile. I doubt border skirmishes would produce enough slaves for them to make the ones they already captured expendable, and it would certainly be difficult to keep former soldiers in servitude, without a large amount of a security.

Also, you want to reference the wiki page on how slavery was used, but disregard this whole bit, eh?
View attachment 537915
Where did I say the great pyramids were built by slaves? I went way the fuck out of my way to tell you that paid motherfucking contractors built the motherfucking pyramids and you were pedantic as fuck trying to say that the unpaid nog pieces of shit slaves were treated well when all they did was move the fucking blocks from the fucking boats to the paid motherfucking contractors that built the motherfucking pyramids. Enough already. You want to keep sucking Nubian slave cock, then count me out. Have a good evening.

Burns

Where did I say the great pyramids were built by slaves? I went way the fuck out of my way to tell you that paid motherfucking contractors built the motherfucking pyramids and you were pedantic as fuck trying to say that the unpaid nog pieces of shit slaves were treated well when all they did was move the fucking blocks from the fucking boats to the paid motherfucking contractors that built the motherfucking pyramids. Enough already. You want to keep sucking Nubian slave cock, then count me out. Have a good evening.
Well you were certainly as clear as mud, as I thought you were saying that the vast majority of workers on the pyramids were slaves. Especially since you took such umbrage with me saying there were 10s of thousands of workers that could be working on any part of the carvings and stone smoothing.

Although I certainly don't agree that they would be so harsh on slaves, that were paid for in blood or treasure, to deny them basic shelter. It is certainly a small mater but again, it seemed to feed into you being of the opinion that slaves built the pyramids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well you were certainly as clear as mud, as I thought you were saying that the vast majority of workers on the pyramids were slaves. Especially since you took such umbrage with me saying there were 10s of thousands of workers that could be working on any part of the carvings and stone smoothing.

Although I certainly don't agree that they would be so harsh on slaves, that were paid for in blood or treasure, to deny them basic shelter. It is certainly a small mater but again, it seemed to feed into you being of the opinion that slaves built the pyramids.

stareb.gif

Chris

Potato del Grande
just no. there are not 10s of thousands of precision artists working on this or at any time ever. the best you can hope for are tens of thousands of UNSKILLED day laborers or slaves working a piece with crude stones and maybe one artisan per project to get the measurements just right. these things are gargantuan in size and just one piece would take one artist many years or even decades. the precision and smoothness are whats important. you can hack away stones with many people but it would take a MASTER to shape something like those carving and there were many many of them.

6e41vh8vs0w61.jpg

Undine Rising Frome The Water by Chauncey Ives 1859. made of marble
Dimensions. 60 1/2 × 19 × 15 1/2 in. (153.7 × 48.3 × 39.4 cm)
one Master and it took him countless hours to carve this 5 foot tall sculpture out of marble which is softer than granite. with modern steel tools. each of those many many ancient egyptian masterpieces, some of them massive would have taken many lifetimes to accomplish. so i repeat, no. those carvings had to have been created in a more modern fashion. with tools egyptologists say they never had.
What the fuck does someone making a more detailed statue with better tools on softer stone have to do with anything?

A lot of Egyptian statues look like lego and none of them look like this.

The absolute insanity of these mable statues with free flowing cloth over flesh just goes to show what one autistic man can do.

You telling me that a similarly autistic master couldn't have made something less advanced with worse tools/materials thousands of years ago?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What the fuck does someone making a more detailed statue with better tools on softer stone have to do with anything?

A lot of Egyptian statues look like lego and none of them look like this.

The absolute insanity of these mable statues with free flowing cloth over flesh just goes to show what one autistic man can do.

You telling me that a similarly autistic master couldn't have made something less advanced with worse tools/materials thousands of years ago?
Didn't you claim you were in the ancient Egypt museum in Egypt? How did you not see all the masterpieces? Even worse is I have been posting them in this thread for 5 years. Christ. Lego? Dude get your shit together

Chris

Potato del Grande
Didn't you claim you were in the ancient Egypt museum in Egypt? How did you not see all the masterpieces? Even worse is I have been posting them in this thread for 5 years. Christ. Lego? Dude get your shit together
I went to the actual sites around Luxor, not a museum. I've been to a few in the UK though.

I saw this for example:

Can you post an Egyptian statue of the quality of that marble one you posted?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTW some stone softening vids have popped up on youtube. Most are kinda unwatchable but at least people are doing experiments and figuring stuff out.

The best one I saw used molten Natron

Did I ever post pictures of that sandstone I found with a bunch of human teeth pressed into it that had clearly been sitting over a fire for a long amount of time? Was kinda shaped like a head too. Was probably the most mysterious thing I ever found, out in the woods in the middle of nowhere in an area that used to be all Native Americans. Still haven't been able to get it identified by anybody.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
do you mean besides all the masterpieces in King Tut's tomb?
here some other than those
e273f1821759ff6faaafb55e16daf844.jpg

aek8qW4MNjfdJoa6YTnXHxamMWVhOrr6g8CTWY6JxVA.jpg

d8710c97c5b6554567ef45495b3038e5.jpg

a55dfca82116baa7a1695380bd5cb5b2--black-granite-the-egyptian.jpg

Gold-Mummy-Mask-of-King-Tutankhamun.jpg
Your entire argument can be boiled down to the fact they didn't have iron to build the pyramids so Egyptians didn't build them. That claim that they lacked iron to build the pyramids is true but the Egyptians lasted a long time and they could have well-had iron tools for some of the statues you are posting like the gold mask above it's from 1320ish BC when it's very likely that Egyptians did have iron tools. Not that I think they would need them to work the gold in that mask. But you keep posting statues with no dates provided and only sometimes do you bother to give a description of the stone it is made of. So your evidence supporting the claim that somehow Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids because they didn't have iron is not supported by the evidence you provided.

I'm not saying you can't find a Statue made out of a stone of hardness and age to support your claims, but simply you haven't provided any reasonable proof to support your claims. Beyond the claim that the Egyptians lacked iron in 2500 BC when they built the pyramids.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Your entire argument can be boiled down to the fact they didn't have iron to build the pyramids so Egyptians didn't build them. That claim that they lacked iron to build the pyramids is true but the Egyptians lasted a long time and they could have well-had iron tools for some of the statues you are posting like the gold mask above it's from 1320ish BC when it's very likely that Egyptians did have iron tools. Not that I think they would need them to work the gold in that mask. But you keep posting statues with no dates provided and only sometimes do you bother to give a description of the stone it is made of. So your evidence supporting the claim that somehow Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids because they didn't have iron is not supported by the evidence you provided.

I'm not saying you can't find a Statue made out of a stone of hardness and age to support your claims, but simply you haven't provided any reasonable proof to support your claims. Beyond the claim that the Egyptians lacked iron in 2500 BC when they built the pyramids.
Lol. The massive statue is from Rameses ii. Over 3000 years ago. King tut is 3000 years ago. Nefertiti mask is over 3000 years ago. The Lion is black granite from 3000 years ago. The black granite statue of Rameses II is over 3000 years old. Don't parachute in here pretending like you got something on me. These are extremely famous pharoahs and these are extremely famous masterpieces. I'm sorry you needed that explained to you. Spoilers, anything ancient Egypt is going to be 2500 to 5000 years old. Which more spoilers means they only had bronze, copper or stone tools to produce that finework.

That's why they call it ancient Egypt.

Siddar

Lol. The massive statue is from Rameses ii. Over 3000 years ago. King tut is 3000 years ago. Nefertiti mask is over 3000 years ago. The Lion is black granite from 3000 years ago. The black granite statue of Rameses II is over 3000 years old. Don't parachute in here pretending like you got something on me. These are extremely famous pharoahs and these are extremely famous masterpieces. I'm sorry you needed that explained to you. Spoilers, anything ancient Egypt is going to be 2500 to 5000 years old. Which more spoilers means they only had bronze, copper or stone tools to produce that finework.

That's why they call it ancient Egypt.
All iron age then by your claims.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All iron age then buy your claims.
not in ancient Egypt. they only had bronze, copper and stone tools. they had some iron they found in a meteorite
Thus far determining when the Iron Age occurred in Egypt has been an imprecise process with most overviews simply stating when iron first appeared, highlights of iron discoveries or when smelting began in earnest which was the 6th century BCE in the Delta. In this dissertation I employ Anthony Snodgrass's methodology to determine when it occurred. The results indicate that the height of Egypt's iron use peaked in the Roman era; by the Late Roman era they reverted to using iron for ornamental purposes in much smaller quantities. In addition, iron production may never have exceeded that of bronze which may be the hallmark of a true Iron Age. Egypt's Iron Age was clearly atypical. After possibly engaging in the earliest known experimentation with iron in the world (around 3300 BCE) they took three millennia before producing a significant number of iron goods. Then for some reason they drastically reduced much iron production. Through cross-cultural comparison and an in depth look at three time periods: the Predynastic when iron first appears in Egypt, the Late Bronze Age and Greco-Roman eras, I argue that the fact that iron was never deeply integrated into the fabric of indigenous ancient Egyptian society and crises that occurred throughout the Roman Empire were the causes of the short peak use of iron.

Siddar

not in ancient Egypt. they only had bronze, copper and stone tools. they had some iron they found in a meteorite
Thus far determining when the Iron Age occurred in Egypt has been an imprecise process with most overviews simply stating when iron first appeared, highlights of iron discoveries or when smelting began in earnest which was the 6th century BCE in the Delta. In this dissertation I employ Anthony Snodgrass's methodology to determine when it occurred. The results indicate that the height of Egypt's iron use peaked in the Roman era; by the Late Roman era they reverted to using iron for ornamental purposes in much smaller quantities. In addition, iron production may never have exceeded that of bronze which may be the hallmark of a true Iron Age. Egypt's Iron Age was clearly atypical. After possibly engaging in the earliest known experimentation with iron in the world (around 3300 BCE) they took three millennia before producing a significant number of iron goods. Then for some reason they drastically reduced much iron production. Through cross-cultural comparison and an in depth look at three time periods: the Predynastic when iron first appears in Egypt, the Late Bronze Age and Greco-Roman eras, I argue that the fact that iron was never deeply integrated into the fabric of indigenous ancient Egyptian society and crises that occurred throughout the Roman Empire were the causes of the short peak use of iron.
Now when did the Hittites have iron? And why didn't the Egyptians just trade for it if they couldn't make it? Like they did with everything else.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Now when did the Hittites have iron? And why didn't the Egyptians just trade for it if they couldn't make it? Like they did with everything else.
you would have to ask them about it. no non meteoric iron has been found in ancient egyptian hieroglyphs or in excavations. according to everything i can find. iron tools were introduced by the greeks and romans in the 7th century BC. i am assuming other ancient civs were closely guarding their tech or the ancient egyptians had clearly found a more superior method of cutting hard stones like Granite, Quartzite and Diorite with fine details.

the Hittites were doing pretty well on their own, but their work was nothing like what was being done in ancient Egypt.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It would be nice if they at least gave us some of the data on the Sahara Lidar scans. Keeping the looters away is such a shitty excuse. It's easy to omit the /loc.

What are those? I didn't know anybody was scanning the Sahara. We need to do some sort of subterranean scan of that entire area and find out what's buried under the desert in terms of ruins, etc. A whole hell of a lot is my guess.