Ancient Civilizations

Chris

Potato del Grande
do you mean besides all the masterpieces in King Tut's tomb?
here some other than those
e273f1821759ff6faaafb55e16daf844.jpg

aek8qW4MNjfdJoa6YTnXHxamMWVhOrr6g8CTWY6JxVA.jpg

d8710c97c5b6554567ef45495b3038e5.jpg

a55dfca82116baa7a1695380bd5cb5b2--black-granite-the-egyptian.jpg

Gold-Mummy-Mask-of-King-Tutankhamun.jpg
Do you think they are as good as the photorealistic 1800s one you posted?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What are those? I didn't know anybody was scanning the Sahara. We need to do some sort of subterranean scan of that entire area and find out what's buried under the desert in terms of ruins, etc. A whole hell of a lot is my guess.
Literally millions of years in human history is buried there if you buy into the Leaky theory that everyone originated from the same nog woman named Lucy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you think they are as good as the photorealistic 1800s one you posted?
The king tut stuff? Yes totally. The golden mask is one of the greatest artworks in history. I saw it with my own eyes when it was displayed at the museum of natural history in NYC. Those rameses statues are cool as fuck. Now this is all opinion. But honestly that Undine Rising statue is just amazingly beautiful. The Master seemed to have gotten all of it. But it's a modern artwork created with modern tools and it's just slightly better than the Tut mask from 3300 years ago. There are a lot of amazing artworks in history.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The king tut stuff? Yes totally. The golden mask is one of the greatest artworks in history. I saw it with my own eyes when it was displayed at the museum of natural history in NYC. Those rameses statues are cool as fuck. Now this is all opinion. But honestly that Undine Rising statue is just amazingly beautiful. The Master seemed to have gotten all of it. But it's a modern artwork created with modern tools and it's just slightly better than the Tut mask from 3300 years ago. There are a lot of amazing artworks in history.
By "modern tools" you just mean the metal/alloy of the chisel?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just curious, have you ever seen a Gutenberg Bible? It's maybe the most amazingly beautiful book I have ever seen and it was made with a printing press. Im not here to say only ancient stuff can be amazing, but that we used to make amazing shit in the past and our modern tech is lacking in reproducing things that our ancestors were exceptionally skilled in making. I think man while making huge advancements in industry is forgetting how to make things with high quality.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did I ever post pictures of that sandstone I found with a bunch of human teeth pressed into it that had clearly been sitting over a fire for a long amount of time? Was kinda shaped like a head too. Was probably the most mysterious thing I ever found, out in the woods in the middle of nowhere in an area that used to be all Native Americans. Still haven't been able to get it identified by anybody.
No I'd love to see it.

My guess on ancient stone stuff is that it is very old. Hundreds of kiloyears would be my guess.

Humans aren't that much smarter nowadays, and you give us a couple thousand stable years and we'll advance rapidly. There are probably 500 such opportunities in the human past, in between disasters. Sedimentation and cataclysm has probably buried some amazing stuff.

I also tend to think that the better part of us isn't human at all. We are all hybrids, but maybe the species we mixed with have alot to do with our basic qualities. My personal fun belief is that those that pass the basic shopping cart test come from the elves.

Open the possibilities of non human civs and hundreds of millions of years open up. We've found artifacts that may well be that old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No I'd love to see it.

My guess on ancient stone stuff is that it is very old. Hundreds of kiloyears would be my guess.

Humans aren't that much smarter nowadays, and you give us a couple thousand stable years and we'll advance rapidly. There are probably 500 such opportunities in the human past, in between disasters. Sedimentation and cataclysm has probably buried some amazing stuff.

I also tend to think that the better part of us isn't human at all. We are all hybrids, but maybe the species we mixed with have alot to do with our basic qualities. My personal fun belief is that those that pass the basic shopping cart test come from the elves.

Open the possibilities of non human civs and hundreds of millions of years open up. We've found artifacts that may well be that old.
neanderthals had some form of art, 65k years ago.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes what steel being used in 1859. With the ancient Egyptian statues being carved by stone, bronze, copper or unknown methods.
So there's different levels to this with different levels of credibility which get conflated by people like me.

I'm curious where you are on this spectrum.

10: They used copper/bronze tools plus time.

1: They had limited access to an iron alloy from meteor iron, rare enough that only their mastercraftsmen had access and rare enough to not be found yet, other than the dagger in Tutankahmum's tomb.

-1: They had widespread use of iron alloys, we just don't have evidence somehow.

-10: They somehow melted stone into shape with some kind of acid or concrete mix.

-100: There was a global atlantean trade network which somehow has zero physical or genetic evidence - this then feeds into one of the other theories.

-1000: Energy from the Great Pyramid powered sonic power tools and levitation.

-Infinity: Aliens.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So there's different levels to this with different levels of credibility which get conflated by people like me.

1: They had limited access to an iron alloy from meteor iron, rare enough that only their mastercraftsmen had access and rare enough to not be found yet, other than the dagger in Tutankahmum's tomb.

-1: They had widespread use of iron alloys, we just don't have evidence somehow.

-10: They somehow melted stone into shape with some kind of acid or concrete mix.

-100: There was a global atlantean trade network which somehow has zero physical or genetic evidence - this then feeds into one of the other theories.

the global trade route has nothing to do with carving rocks. its like the other day when Burns was being obtuse about slaves building the pyramids. slaves can do the heavy lifting/moving, but arent very effective at sculpting or placement. as you know very few have that genius ability to cut with such high precision. i dont know if they used acid, i would say, yes because they found surfaces in the sereppeum boxes that are both rough and smooth with a puddling effect at the bottom. so yeah, 100% acid was used in at least some cases. not on that list, but i also believe they had power tools. not electricity. I'm not saying that, but i think they had a water powered system of saws or even drills cutting slabs. no idea what alloys they had, but it was hard enough to cut through granite. or maybe they used acid or something else to soften the stone enough so bronze/copper saws could cut it. there is evidence of cut marks and drill holes in the rocks all over the place.
iu

iu

iu

iu

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider

Obviously the dagger was preserved in a tomb. If they had a limited supply of iron, not enough to supply armies, but enough to supply master craftsmen, it's plausible that the tools just weren't well preserved and rusted to nothing while the copper and bronze things survived. They had to know something about Iron if that dagger exists.

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the global trade route has nothing to do with carving rocks. its like the other day when Burns was being obtuse about slaves building the pyramids. slaves can do the heavy lifting/moving, but arent very effective at sculpting or placement. as you know very few have that genius ability to cut with such high precision. i dont know if they used acid, i would say, yes because they found surfaces in the sereppeum boxes that are both rough and smooth with a puddling effect at the bottom. so yeah, 100% acid was used in at least some cases. not on that list, but i also believe they had power tools. not electricity. I'm not saying that, but i think they had a water powered system of saws or even drills cutting slabs. no idea what alloys they had, but it was hard enough to cut through granite. or maybe they used acid or something else to soften the stone enough so bronze/copper saws could cut it. there is evidence of cut marks and drill holes in the rocks all over the place.
iu

iu

iu

iu
Now explain how they made those cuts without iron tools?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So now you agree with Egyptologists?
now you are a "nut like me" who disagrees with Egyptologists. i just happen to have a similar opinion that the ancient egyptians didnt use iron because they had meteoric iron which was used for ornamentation and not for cutting granite blocks. they werent smelting their own iron at that time. not til the 6th century BC when the greeks and romans showed them how. i dont know if iron can even cut granite blocks. maybe high carbon steel saws with diamond tip teeth. or some kind of thin stone cutting wheels mixed with sand. so far nothing like that has been found either. there is a missing piece or pieces of the puzzle.

Siddar

So you believe there was an ancient Atlantean trade system running in 10000 BC even though we have no evidence for it?

But you find the Egyptians using the existing trade system that existed between the empires of the Middle East and the Mediterranean to acquire iron tools from the Hittites is not because there is no evidence that they traded iron.

Siddar

Ok, I was off for the date of the bronze age collapse by two hundred years it happened around 1200 bC.