Ancient Civilizations

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hey, why don't you provide some dates then?
1177_BC%2C_Cline_book.jpg

(by the way, the sequel "After 1177 BC" is horribly dry and boring for most people who enjoyed the first)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So you believe there was an ancient Atlantean trade system running in 10000 BC even though we have no evidence for it?

But you find the Egyptians using the existing trade system that existed between the empires of the Middle East and the Mediterranean to acquire iron tools from the Hittites is not because there is no evidence that they traded iron.
I'm dismissing iron tools because they wouldn't efficiently cut granite blocks. It's a moot point. And yes I totally believe an atlantean trade route was possible if Atlantis actually existed. I also believe the Romans had a global trade route 2500 or so years ago. There is evidence of new world items showing up in old world places such as tobacco, cocaine and maize.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
the global trade route has nothing to do with carving rocks. its like the other day when Burns was being obtuse about slaves building the pyramids. slaves can do the heavy lifting/moving, but arent very effective at sculpting or placement. as you know very few have that genius ability to cut with such high precision. i dont know if they used acid, i would say, yes because they found surfaces in the sereppeum boxes that are both rough and smooth with a puddling effect at the bottom. so yeah, 100% acid was used in at least some cases. not on that list, but i also believe they had power tools. not electricity. I'm not saying that, but i think they had a water powered system of saws or even drills cutting slabs. no idea what alloys they had, but it was hard enough to cut through granite. or maybe they used acid or something else to soften the stone enough so bronze/copper saws could cut it. there is evidence of cut marks and drill holes in the rocks all over the place.
iu

iu

iu

iu
I just want to narrow down what you belive because sometimes I just jump in on attacking it, but even after this post you haven't been clear. I suspect the vagueness is a defence mechanism to maintain distance from Ancient Aliens.

I can 100% get behind limited meteor iron tools that they had some luck alloying to get close to steel strength, but it wasn't available enough to maintain the knowledge until iron became widespread.

I can 100% get behind some sort of waterwheel powered saw or drill using wooden cogs and mechanisms.

I don't think Egyptologists would be closed to either idea, just skeptical given lack of physical evidence and drawings.

I can't get behind magic concrete, levitation and power tools.

Can you detail what exactly you think they had?

Burns

the global trade route has nothing to do with carving rocks. its like the other day when Burns was being obtuse about slaves building the pyramids. slaves can do the heavy lifting/moving, but arent very effective at sculpting or placement. as you know very few have that genius ability to cut with such high precision. i dont know if they used acid, i would say, yes because they found surfaces in the sereppeum boxes that are both rough and smooth with a puddling effect at the bottom. so yeah, 100% acid was used in at least some cases. not on that list, but i also believe they had power tools. not electricity. I'm not saying that, but i think they had a water powered system of saws or even drills cutting slabs. no idea what alloys they had, but it was hard enough to cut through granite. or maybe they used acid or something else to soften the stone enough so bronze/copper saws could cut it. there is evidence of cut marks and drill holes in the rocks all over the place.
iu

iu

iu

iu
Obtuse my ass, in just this statement you make it sound like you are saying slaves did all the unskilled labor. Which is moving all the stones around and even rough cutting the huge stone blocks at the quarry for transport. That's 80% of the work of building the pyramids and if slaves did 80%+ of the work, that would mean slaves built the pyramids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just want to narrow down what you belive because sometimes I just jump in on attacking it, but even after this post you haven't been clear. I suspect the vagueness is a defence mechanism to maintain distance from Ancient Aliens.

I can 100% get behind limited meteor iron tools that they had some luck alloying to get close to steel strength, but it wasn't available enough to maintain the knowledge until iron became widespread.

I can 100% get behind some sort of waterwheel powered saw or drill using wooden cogs and mechanisms.

I don't think Egyptologists would be closed to either idea, just skeptical given lack of physical evidence and drawings.

I can't get behind magic concrete, levitation and power tools.

Can you detail what exactly you think they had?
I was being slightly hyperbolic when I said power tools. But only slightly. They didn't have power tools in our modern sense, but it's my opinion they had saw mills or something similar for cutting granite at an industrial scale. I don't believe in magic or magic concrete. Concrete/cement is old as hell. It's found at gobekli tepe. Acids dhaping and smoothing rock isn't magic either. The ancient egyptians were masters at a lot of things including preserving bodies. They would have intimate knowledge of a lot of different chemical substances including acids.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Obtuse my ass, in just this statement you make it sound like you are saying slaves did all the unskilled labor. Which is moving all the stones around and even rough cutting the huge stone blocks at the quarry for transport. That's 80% of the work of building the pyramids and if slaves did 80%+ of the work, that would mean slaves built the pyramids.
The guy driving the cement mixer truck didn't build the empire state building.

Burns

The guy driving the cement mixer truck didn't build the empire state building.
The hell he didn't. The people working on the project are the ones that build it. If 80% of the workers were cement mixer truck drivers, then cement mixer truck drivers built it.

What percent of the workforce would you say were slaves?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was being slightly hyperbolic when I said power tools. But only slightly. They didn't have power tools in our modern sense, but it's my opinion they had saw mills or something similar for cutting granite at an industrial scale. I don't believe in magic or magic concrete. Concrete/cement is old as hell. It's found at gobekli tepe. Acids dhaping and smoothing rock isn't magic either. The ancient egyptians were masters at a lot of things including preserving bodies. They would have intimate knowledge of a lot of different chemical substances including acids.
How were the tools powered do you think?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The hell he didn't. The people working on the project are the ones that build it. If 80% of the workers were cement mixer truck drivers, then cement mixer truck drivers built it.

What percent of the workforce would you say were slaves?
He sure didn't. The guy pouring cement in the footings helped build it. The guy delivering it just drove a truck. The slaves delivering blocks to the pyramid job site had no hand in constructing the pyramids. They just delivered the blocks. It's like saying Home Depot built your house because they had the forklift carry the wooden beams to your car. The workforce that built the pyramids were primarily paid contractors. The gofers delivering the blocks were a bunch of slaves nobody gave a shit about.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How were the tools powered do you think?
Water powered. I mentioned this in a previous post. Let me find the video from the history channel show ancient inventions.

Roman Sawmill​

A sawmill or lumber mill is a facility where logs are cut into lumber. Prior to the invention of the sawmill, boards were rived (split) and planed, or more often sawn by two men with a whipsaw, one above and another in a saw pit below. The earliest known mechanical mill is the Hierapolis sawmill, a Roman water-powered stone mill at Hierapolis, Asia Minor dating back to the 3rd century AD. Other water-powered mills followed and by the 11th century they were widespread in Spain and North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, and in the next few centuries, spread across Europe. The circular motion of the wheel was converted to a reciprocating motion at the saw blade. Generally, only the saw was powered, and the logs had to be loaded and moved by hand. An early improvement was the development of a movable carriage, also water powered, to move the log steadily through the saw blade.The Hierapolis sawmill, a Roman water-powered stone saw mill at Hierapolis, Asia Minor (modern-day Turkey) dating to the second half of the 3rd century AD is the earliest known sawmill. It is also the earliest known machine to incorporate a crank and connecting rod mechanism.[2]Water-powered stone sawmills working with cranks and connecting rods, but without gear train, are archaeologically attested for the 6th century AD at the Eastern Roman cities Gerasa and Ephesus.[3]The earliest literary reference to a working sawmill comes from a Roman poet, Ausonius who wrote an epic poem about the river Moselle in Germany in the late 4th century AD. At one point in the poem he describes the shrieking sound of a watermill cutting marble.[4] Marble sawmills also seem to be indicated by the Christian saint Gregory of Nyssa from Anatolia around 370/390 AD, demonstrating a diversified use of water-power in many parts of the Roman Empire.[4]Sawmills became widespread in medieval Europe again, as one was sketched by Villard de Honnecourt in c. 1250.[5] They are claimed to have been introduced to Madeira following its discovery in c. 1420 and spread widely in Europe in the 16th century.[6]

1920px-R%C3%B6mische_S%C3%A4gem%C3%BChle.svg.png

Last edited:

Burns

He sure didn't. The guy pouring cement in the footings helped build it. The guy delivering it just drove a truck. The slaves delivering blocks to the pyramid job site had no hand in constructing the pyramids. They just delivered the blocks. It's like saying Home Depot built your house because they had the forklift carry the wooden beams to your car. The workforce that built the pyramids were primarily paid contractors. The gofers delivering the blocks were a bunch of slaves nobody gave a shit about.
So, when estimates say if it took 10,000 - 30,000 people to build the pyramids, none of them were slaves?

Burns

about 500 paid contractors lived at the village. your numbers mean nothing.
So the Undersecretary of the State for the Giza Monuments, Dr. Zahi Hawass is wrong? None of this stuff exists and is all made up?

This article from 2011 is wrong (can't use modern stuff because it's all woke, right?)?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So the Undersecretary of the State for the Giza Monuments, Dr. Zahi Hawass is wrong? None of this stuff exists and is all made up?

This article from 2011 is wrong (can't use modern stuff because it's all woke, right?)?
zawi hawass......

btw i'm going to keep repeating the same things to you because if i repeat them enough you may get the message. lets see how long that takes.

Burns

zawi hawass......

btw i'm going to keep repeating the same things to you because if i repeat them enough you may get the message. lets see how long that takes.
Right, you have made it clear. You are making up your own shit so you can feel smart/superior in your "knowledge" to people who dedicate their life to studying this stuff. Just like all the other conspiracy nuters. Sorry for not lumping you in with them previous to this, I shall proceed differently in the future.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
zawi hawass

I'll ask. Isn't he the guy that hid or destroyed everything that didn't fit his narrative which included suggesting that ancient Egyptians were Muslim?

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zawi Hawass is the very arrogant Egyptian, who is in charge who gets access to Egyptian sites. He was played for a fool by Graham Hancock who exploited his arrogance to play the victim when Zawi released his arrogance against Graham. Intensifying the victim complex that is common in all the alt-history people. You know all the people who say that academics are all involved in grand conspiracy and are all lying and all probably Satan worshipers as well, but Zawi was mean to Graham once so that makes everything they say fine.