Any hope for this painting?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait do you own something else from this person?
I bet it's this.

1605568927632.png

• 10Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 13 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Any response to fucking with people's livelihood?
Lol you want us ban somebody for stiffing some shitty artists IRL? Go fuck yourself pal. If he wants to trick people into doing shitty paintings for laughs, I applaud it. I hope he also has the good taste to post about the ass beatings or small claims court cases he receives as a result.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lol you want us ban somebody for stiffing some shitty artists IRL? Go fuck yourself pal. If he wants to trick people into doing shitty paintings for laughs, I applaud it. I hope he also has the good taste to post about the ass beatings or small claims court cases he receives as a result.
Oh, that's what his comment was about? Banning @Falxy-US for being a jerkdick to that artist?

Uh..........no.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I need help.

The artist finished, it looks almost like the painting I previously posted. .... He surprised me with the price, $2600. LOL. I told him I cannot pay that, and that I thought it would be more inline with what he charged me for another painting he did. So, fuck him, fuck that shitty piece of art. I showed my girlfriend, she hates it. My sister laughed and says it looks like a southpark charicature, and my ex who does art thinks its worth $600 max.

So: Where can I find super high res super hero pics online that I can get printed on canvas?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Anyone have an estimated cost of materials alone, that the artist is out?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We don't condone doxxing because, in part, it can cause serious problems irl. Someone out thousands of dollars that likely needs it seems similar to me.

He's obviously doing it because the first shitty painting got lots of lulz. Let me be clear, I'm not absolving the artists, they need to take responsibility and protect themselves. Just that the schaudenfraude is getting a bit uncomfortable with how much money is allegedly at stake.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We don't condone doxxing because, in part, it can cause serious problems irl. Someone out thousands of dollars that likely needs it seems similar to me.

He's obviously doing it because the first shitty painting got lots of lulz. Let me be clear, I'm not absolving the artists, they need to take responsibility and protect themselves. Just that the schaudenfraude is getting a bit uncomfortable with how much money is allegedly at stake.
it is odd that somebody is commissioning a several thousand dollar project with nothing in writing or any clue of the costs

• 4Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got this painting a year ago at a charity auction I helped put on. Was like $1200 Canadian ish.
I loved it at first, the realized it might scare my two kids under 2 so kept it in storage for most of the year.

my wife hung it up in my man cave and now I love it again

it’s called “Lynx” but I renamed it “the big bad wolf”

Attachments

• E3FDCF02-2B30-4B04-A7DB-5B0E7F73BF43.jpeg
    E3FDCF02-2B30-4B04-A7DB-5B0E7F73BF43.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it.

I'd be too embarrassed to ask for $2600 for that. I'd be too embarrassed to ask for $1k.

You'd essentially be paying his salary to practice bad art.

lurkingdirk lurkingdirk made the right call in the 3rd fucking post in the thread.

Don't pay someone for that.

• 4Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got this painting a year ago at a charity auction I helped put on. Was like $1200 Canadian ish.
I loved it at first, the realized it might scare my two kids under 2 so kept it in storage for most of the year.

So like $4 in real money?

Cool painting though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

What room did you hang it in? Like I see art a lot that I like, but in a “mature house” you can’t put certain things in the living room. I do love that piece.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What room did you hang it in? Like I see art a lot that I like, but in a “mature house” you can’t put certain things in the living room. I do love that piece.

basement man cave / game room.

would scare the babies upstairs

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
have you looked into just buying extra large movie posters?
you can get something like this original movie poster for a little over a hundred bucks. 5 feet tall. they have bigger.

star_trek_2_wrath_of_khan_french_1p_original_film_art_5000x.jpg

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They have 2001 a space odyssey.
That is so cool. Oh yikes $5999
they also have a massive 81x81 original Superman :The Movie poster for like around 700 bucks. i had to get off that site because i was starting to geek out.
superman_1978_six_sheet_original_film_art_5000x.jpg

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
it is odd that somebody is commissioning a several thousand dollar project with nothing in writing or any clue of the costs
Anyone in multimedia/art is retarded when it comes to contracts. Super easy to play them. They aren't exactly business savvy...