TLP Idealist
Cat Box in VP
rrr_img_17439.jpg

rrr_img_17440.jpg

rrr_img_17439.jpg

rrr_img_17440.jpg

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
We did. We even had spell.dat parsers really, really early. But try explaining to someone Harmony doesn't gives mana regen or how things soft capped at 200, it's just easier to believe in the magic of the game. Rumors were more fun than fact.
Yeah, this. I wrote a spell.dat parser, and tested stuff constantly. But back then if you showed up with a log of hundreds of casts of a debuff at 5 CHA and 200 CHA, showing the debuff's resist rate wasn't affected by CHA, the response you'd get is "Well, that's nice, but I feel like it works for me, so I'm going to keep using the Crude Stein."

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats awesome he's still at SOE, I always liked Abashi. He was a very down to earth Dev and same with Avair.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Down to earth? Abashi? I always considered him the inspiration for the stick-up-the-ass run animation for Luclin models myself.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't know about him inventing the stick in the ass animations but Velious and Kunark for the most part where awesome imo, I enjoyed the hell out of those 2 expansions.

I meant down to earth in the context they were just enjoyable to talk nerd EQ / class / encounters with. Avair especially about his ideas on how the evil knight class should be, it was great to see his ideas implemented in VG even if the game flopped, the DK for me was one of the best classes I have played.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Down to earth? Abashi? I always considered him the inspiration for the stick-up-the-ass run animation for Luclin models myself.
I think he meant Michael Mann, who is a quiet, mild-mannered, and all around nice guy.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Didn?t know about him inventing the stick in the ass animations but Velious and Kunark for the most part where awesome imo, I enjoyed the hell out of those 2 expansions.
Abashi was the Whineplay board moderator in early EQ, Aradune fluffer, and necro knowitall. Eventually he was thrust into associate producer for his baby: The Shadows of Luclin.

That was an awesome expansion.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats crazy my only experiences with Abashi was through tells randomly, never really followed him on forums back then. He would send me tells during raids or weird times and talk about what we were doing or to warn me to turn SEQ off (which I thought was undetectable).

Who was the main designer behind Velious out of curiousity?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Thats crazy my only experiences with Abashi was through tells randomly, never really followed him on forums back then. He would send me tells during raids or weird times and talk about what we were doing or to warn me to turn SEQ off (which I thought was undetectable).

Who was the main designer behind Velious out of curiousity?
Bill Trost

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I always liked Trost in what bits I've heard or read.... Isn't he with Trion now? Not sure what game...

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was a guide for a while as well. I don't remember exactly how it all went down, but I applied, had some sort of training in PoSky, and was made a guide. I think it was Sky. If I remember correctly, it was back before the guide home zone, or whatever it was called, was made. Some building in Sky was the makeshift guide headquarters. I was a guide off and on for about 6 months.

I know we had our monthly subscription fee waved as guides, and one day I received the Kunark expansion in the mail for free (a very nice surprise). Our head GM (Lady Degarmo rings a bell for some reason) invited us to check out Kunark a little early as guides. A nice perk to this was I could ride the raft over to Kunark on my live character as well. Pretty sure I was the first, or one of the first, players on my the server to be in Kunark. I dropped /anon and got tons of /tells asking how I got to X zone already. It was awesome.

Early on there were no restrictions on what zones we could go into. Without guide zone restrictions I was able to explore Veeshan's Peak before release and all that sort of stuff (although at the time I had no idea what I was looking at). I think I quit the guide program shortly before Velious came out. No idea if they continued the free expansion/no monthly fee for guides after that point.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only guide I ever knew (or admitted it at least) was the same guy who sent me a copy of some beefed up ShowEQ-type program. I don't think their standards were that high lol

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I was a guide for a while as well. I don't remember exactly how it all went down, but I applied, had some sort of training in PoSky, and was made a guide. I think it was Sky. If I remember correctly, it was back before the guide home zone, or whatever it was called, was made. Some building in Sky was the makeshift guide headquarters. I was a guide off and on for about 6 months.

I know we had our monthly subscription fee waved as guides, and one day I received the Kunark expansion in the mail for free (a very nice surprise). Our head GM (Lady Degarmo rings a bell for some reason) invited us to check out Kunark a little early as guides. A nice perk to this was I could ride the raft over to Kunark on my live character as well. Pretty sure I was the first, or one of the first, players on my the server to be in Kunark. I dropped /anon and got tons of /tells asking how I got to X zone already. It was awesome.

Early on there were no restrictions on what zones we could go into. Without guide zone restrictions I was able to explore Veeshan's Peak before release and all that sort of stuff (although at the time I had no idea what I was looking at). I think I quit the guide program shortly before Velious came out. No idea if they continued the free expansion/no monthly fee for guides after that point.
Lady Daegarmo was awesome, he used to let me get away with tons of shit and never warned me once.