Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Vaati's video on the old games is a good primer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The arena modes vs the AI competitors in some of the early games is perhaps some of the most ball crushing videogaming available.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

135.png

If you suck hard enough you can end up in the Human Plus program. You would start over from the beginning, but get new abilities that makes the game easier.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is gonna suck

Massive amounts of time from my life

• 2Like

Vorph

Yeah, it's getting way too close to release to still be showing "gameplay" that's more cinematic than anything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Release is still two months away. Plenty of time to sit and wait for a preview of the UI. I’ll be getting it no matter what so don’t really care if I don’t see the HUD til I’m playing the game honestly.

Why did you put “gameplay” in parenthesis lol

Vorph

Why did you put “gameplay” in parenthesis lol
Lack of HUD plus it's been cut/edited. I have never liked Armored Core games before, so I want to see exactly what it's going to be like when I load it up myself.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lack of HUD plus it's been cut/edited. I have never liked Armored Core games before, so I want to see exactly what it's going to be like when I load it up myself.
Ah. Nothing about it tells me it’s going to be much different than the old titles, other than the giant boss fights. Was it the HUD specifically you didn’t like?

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
This channel: will have "more" to show in 30min from now. Oroboro is mainly a FromGame channel focused on Pvp.

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner

Vorph

Finally some actual gameplay from the official channel:

Timestamped because for some reason they encoded the 15 minute stream countdown into the Youtube video...derp.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The boss fights really look like a high speed souls game with robots. With dialogue sounding straight out of a 90s mecha anime. Sign me up.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you suck hard enough you can end up in the Human Plus program. You would start over from the beginning, but get new abilities that makes the game easier.

Human Plus was kind of key to getting through AC1, and I think you could bring it with you into the PS1 sequels (Project Phantasma and Master of Arena) which gave you a distinct advantage in those versus playing them by themselves. Basically it was worth playing the whole trilogy in succession. Unfortunately I could never find said sequels and even today you can buy AC1 on PS3's PSN store (if it's still up) cheap yet there aren't any of the sequels which is kind of frustrating. Surprised they never released an HD trilogy on PS3 or something.

I bet a lot of people didn't even know AC1 got two direct sequels you could bring your character into (not sure about your mech). Master of Arena in particular has an incredible soundtrack. I hope AC6 has a soundtrack half as good as AC1 or MOA.