Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, the Cap sendoff was great. Peggy and Steve never really fully got over each other, so it was nice to see them reunited and get their happy ending. I don't think people really have an issue with that, just with how it seemed to break their own rules with Old Man Cap appearing in the present (on the surface anyways, I suppose they could always retcon with a scene in a future movie).
Actually them breaking the rules will forever mar this movie and I hate this scene for it.

Hulk
I had never heard of Professor Hulk before this week. And I thought it sounded lame. A Hulk without unbridled rage sounds lame. And it was. I liked the Hulk character scenes but not the Hulk fighting scenes. I had predicted they cut him back on IW so that he'd let loose on EG, but he didn't that never came.
Captain America
All-round great as usual, but he had a bit too much screen time. In the big battle, he did some filler fighting that could have been subbed with one of the other heroes that didn't have time. Speaking of big battle, I wished those airships did anything at all. and the tanks.
Captain Marvel
I liked that she vanished then came back. I liked that she covered the other worlds, adds to scale of things. I wish she said, "There are thousands of worlds but MOST don't have you~" which could have been a hook for later high jinks. the woman lineup scene was really really lame.
Scarlet Witch
It was cool how she held her own. It would have been neat if she gave him nightmares tho. Her best was at the end when she doesn't spell out that she's talking about Vision.
End of credits scene
theater staff said there wasn't any and they scooted us out. felt robbed. like I didn't believe them.
Valkyrie
what leadership skills?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is Cable's time travel now canon in MCU from Deadpool 2? How about Agents of Shield version? We know the time gem could have undone the snap entirely but given Dr Strange's prediction that only one path lead to victory they didn't want to mess with it. But there's still a ton of ways it could go down, Tony simply confirmed one that wouldn't actually impact more than they wanted.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There are quite a few scenes I'd just ditch. Antman walking around SF, finding his memorial, useless fluff that extends the runtime for no reason. If anything it was confusing because I thought, "hey this looks just like current day SF!"

It's also pretty strange they came up with this plan to go back in time to get all the infinity stones and then do the snap without their most powerful ally on the planet already. They knew full well something could go wrong.

Seen the film 3 times now, I do like it better on repeat viewings, I think I'd like to see a cut of IW and this removing a lot of the nonsense and getting right into the action.

Now THESE are nitpicks :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is Cable's time travel now canon in MCU from Deadpool 2? How about Agents of Shield version? We know the time gem could have undone the snap entirely but given Dr Strange's prediction that only one path lead to victory they didn't want to mess with it. But there's still a ton of ways it could go down, Tony simply confirmed one that wouldn't actually impact more than they wanted.

Last I heard Deadpool is going to be considered it's own universe for now. It's not really possible to integrate into the MCU without some serious universe fuckery.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Then that would've changed that timeline. So no, that's not what happened. I honestly don't get how so many people are failing to understand how the timelines work
Hey dumbass, what im saying is we've been watching the alternate timeline where there happen to be 2 caps. You're so hell bent on being the authority on time travel you won't open up your mind to other possibilities.

Personally time travel makes the whole thing seem much less impressive. We're watching the 1 lucky timeline where heroes win, yawn

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I believe the official statement was that The Avengers (as a team, and as a movie franchise) are over. I haven't read comics in a couple decades to know what the next teamup name would be, especially when The Defenders is taken. I'm not sure it matters, people will see Marvel Studios The Beyonder (or what have you) without an Avengers tag in front.

In terms of movies, no one really knows, as Disney has uncharacteristically allowed this movie to breathe. I believe there are currently three Marvel slots on next year's calendar, but I have heard of only Black Widow having anything near a full cast that would get done in time. Eternals and Shang Chi have started casting, but I don't know if they can realistically be done for next year. I haven't heard of Dr. Strange or Black Panther sequels being anywhere near ready for shooting. Just what Marvel is putting out in 2020 is a real mystery.
The sad part is that with Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie they basically have the comic Defenders.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
sounds like a big mess, you gotta have some kind of leader to direct the forces. The KotRT still had Arthur. Natasha would have been great as the new Avengers leader.
Once Natasha gets back and they integrate the Xmen they can roll with the Champions.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Has anybody nitpicked the fact that Tony Stark figured out time travel in like 30 fucking seconds? This movie was very fun to watch but honestly after reflection it feels like a 7/10.

When they show up and pitch the idea Tony already had 3 roadblocks to name.

I took the fact that he is so knowledgeable of the topic because in the last 5 years he himself had the idea already and had done a bunch of work on it. But in that time he became content to raise his daughter thinking it was a pipe dream. But when Lang shows up telling him it’s possible he picked the work back up.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The sad part is that with Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie they basically have the comic Defenders.

They will go the Captain America Civil war route.

Realistically that should have been Avengers Civil war. I think team ups in the future will be anchored by a franchise.

Black Panther 3: we Wuz Kangz

• 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Get Kang/Doom/FF4/Xmen involved with the universe, then move into Galactus done right, and then obviously Secret Wars. (de-age tech iron man and cap and bring em back fuck it)

These stories are just as good as the Thanos story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Get Kang/Doom/FF4/Xmen involved with the universe, then move into Galactus done right, and then obviously Secret Wars. (de-age tech iron man and cap and bring em back fuck it)

A Secrect Wars movie would be fucking amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
A Secrect Wars movie would be fucking amazing.

Easy to explain the Beyonder bringing back everyone on that battlefield in Endgame really. Just ignore the fodder and bring in more well cast villains to fill out the group.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You knew that was going to be the case if you had two brain cells to rub together based on what Dr. Strange said in Infinity War.
Totally different topics smart ass.

Before having time travel we could be impressed at how the heroes used their skills to succeed. But with time travel we are actually told they fail millions of times, doesn't really make them seem too heroic anymore.

Without parallel dimensions/ timelines, but still allowing foresight and whatnot, it makes it seem that everyone's actions are actually important and meaningful... in actuality, with millions of alternate realities, nothing really matters

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Totally different topics smart ass.

Before having time travel we could be impressed at how the heroes used their skills to succeed. But with time travel we are actually told they fail millions of times, doesn't really make them seem too heroic anymore.

Without parallel dimensions/ timelines, but still allowing foresight and whatnot, it makes it seem that everyone's actions are actually important and meaningful... in actuality, with millions of alternate realities, nothing really matters

It's the exact same topic.
What solution outside of quantum physics and/or time travel do you think would be "plausible" to restore 50% of life in the universe being wiped out?

We'll put aside the fact that you want to dismiss what Dr. Strange said in Infinity War.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last I heard Deadpool is going to be considered it's own universe for now. It's not really possible to integrate into the MCU without some serious universe fuckery.
This because DP used X-Men and their world events don't mesh at all.
Edit: But he also uses the helicarrier, so dunno

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

That seems like the natural progression: Phase out Avengers and phase in X-Men; Phase out Guardians and phase in Fantastic.
They have however laid the groundwork for the Next Avengers since at least Avengers 2, however.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's the exact same topic.
What solution outside of quantum physics and/or time travel do you think would be "plausible" to restore 50% of life in the universe being wiped out?

We'll put aside the fact that you want to dismiss what Dr. Strange said in Infinity War.
I'm not dismissing Dr Strange. In fact I was more impressed of his ability when I assumed it was a type of foresight. The very distinct difference is whether there can be 1 person/ entity or not. Before this movie I was assuming we wouldn't get multiple Thanos/ nebula/ caps, etc.

Once they gave us this multiple timeline bullshit everything seems much less important.