Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I played chain link with 32 for a couple of hours yesterday, pretty action packed. They definitely seem to be the best made maps of any of the DLC.

Everyone is running assault to unlock the Bulldog, but you have to kill 10 each recon/engi/supp to get it. A bit of an amusing catch-22. The nice part though is I've never been revived so much. Downside, I'm running out of ammo a lot because revive + no support + lolAEKrape. I don't know why I used accurate guns for so long when a 900 RPM monster is still so easy to control.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Enjoying the new maps so far, though could just be the novelty of having new shit to learn and do
Propaganda is a great map, the others are meh. Lumphini Gardens just seems rather aimless with little to no structure, so in my personal experience it turns into one gigantic ring-around-the-rosie. Sunken Dragon's central building assuredly turns into baddie recon HQ. One thing is for sure: someone was incredibly lazy when they designed the spawn points for seemingly every single capture point that I've seen. They're literally 360 degrees around the cap point in particularly close proximity.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I played chain link with 32 for a couple of hours yesterday, pretty action packed. They definitely seem to be the best made maps of any of the DLC.

Everyone is running assault to unlock the Bulldog, but you have to kill 10 each recon/engi/supp to get it. A bit of an amusing catch-22. The nice part though is I've never been revived so much. Downside, I'm running out of ammo a lot because revive + no support + lolAEKrape. I don't know why I used accurate guns for so long when a 900 RPM monster is still so easy to control.
On top of that there is some event where they are trying to get everyone to do 15 million revives by July 21. If it's reached we all get a gold pooppack!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...-15mm-revives/

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I'm enjoying Dragon's Teeth a lot. The trainyard map was fun as fuck. And I agree with B in Sunken Dragon...recon bad central lol.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It seems like every time DLC comes out for this, it's a clusterfuck on my PS3. The Store doesn't list it as available for download but it does seem to think that I need to download all of the other DLCs.

I don't understand why this soldier/account shit is always so shoddy in the BF series.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Propaganda is a great map, the others are meh. Lumphini Gardens just seems rather aimless with little to no structure, so in my personal experience it turns into one gigantic ring-around-the-rosie. Sunken Dragon's central building assuredly turns into baddie recon HQ. One thing is for sure: someone was incredibly lazy when they designed the spawn points for seemingly every single capture point that I've seen. They're literally 360 degrees around the cap point in particularly close proximity.
Pearl Market is my favorite one and I enjoy Lumphini Garden, but I put the last two maps together in crap town.

Pliny_sl

shitlord
Is anybody else experiencing a FPS hit since the release of Dragon's Teeth? I can't say that I'm not surprised it was released with bugs but this one seems to be pretty bad. My game was running perfect before it was released.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Is anybody else experiencing a FPS hit since the release of Dragon's Teeth? I can't say that I'm not surprised it was released with bugs but this one seems to be pretty bad. My game was running perfect before it was released.
Same. I haven't tired it yet but disabling origin in game is said to fix it for some.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Deagle confirmed lulz cannon. Pistol servers are.1) those with deagles, 2) those trying to unlock the deagle using the unica, and 3) people bitching about the deagles.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Deagle confirmed lulz cannon. Pistol servers are.1) those with deagles, 2) those trying to unlock the deagle using the unica, and 3) people bitching about the deagles.
I unlocked the deagle last night, and by far my favorite pistol. Fires as quick as you pull the trigger..awesome!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh well either the Deagle does 100 damage from any range or they brought back either the one hit kill bug or the "only hear one shot" problem that has been "fixed" about twelve times now. Maybe crappy onboard audio plus bad sound design is just cutting out a lot of the audio cues. Also, is there a way to tell if a server is using a high ticrate? Preferably something you can filter for?

You can put your shotguns away, the bulldog replaces them in every way. Hell, so does the Deagle. I tried going shotgun in close quarters and it was nothing but pain. The fun is gone, even with the occasional "shotgun noob" whiners. All hail our new bulldog overlords, except...

Strangely enough I keep putting up abnormally high k/d Killing Machine matches with the MG4 of all things. I didn't do anything special with it when I used it originally a hundred hours /played ago. It was once the support king but was dumped by most for the AWS. But I really take advantage of the range or the 200 rounds on people who try to plink from cover - I can keep up the suppression while I gain the angle, whereas they have to wait to use their 20 round mag. Netcode is going to favor the mag dumper every time. With everyone using shit-range Bulldog with its tiny mag, I'm easily getting multikills like knocking down dominoes. Even joyous suicidal Rambo runs were netting me 3+ multikills. (my FPS instinct is STILL to go the way my teammates aren't going because "they'll just steal kills")

On open maps I have fun killing roof/overpass campers with mortars and listening to them whine about "omg mortar noob" (you died slowly to multiple mortar hits while perched on a roof - which one of us is the noob?) And on tighter maps, the 3 claymore perk actually works all the time now instead of bugging out after a round. With so many playing assault for the new assignments I rack up resupply points almost non stop. People chase me around just so they can keep supplied, so when I run off to flank I'm less often running off by myself. (goddamn sheep are always going right up the middle while I flank alone... sigh. Result is usually I kill 1-5 of the enemy before dying in a puddle of forever alone tears at a half-capped flag.)

Maybe I'm just on a good run but for whatever reason, I'm really ripping it up as support this past week. LMG mag size + range model is a bigger advantage than I ever realized. Or maybe I'm just such an obsessive reloader that having 200 rounds of glorious freedom nullifies my compulsive habit of topping off at bad times.

tl;dr: MG4 is suddenly my new favorite toy.

^ rambling wall of text brought to you by alt-tabbing at work, and 20 hours of BF4 this week after not playing it for months.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
tl;dr: MG4 is suddenly my new favorite toy.

It's my most effective weapon as well in these new maps. I run with smoke grenades and the 2x scope that sees through smoke. Creating an infinite situation where they can't see you, but you can see them is stupid strong. Never being at a disadvantage when cornering an area where they have a superior firing position is amazing too.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Also spent the weekend finishing unlocking the MG4 accessories. Confirmed beast. Tap firing people at 100+ with a suppressor and no bipod like an asshole. I'd just laugh like an idiot every time I did it too.

Got some sniper on an island with just a red dot and around 30 rounds of suppression.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It feels like the biggest source of easy kills with a LMG comes from people thinking you stopped firing to reload. Baiting them into it works great - hell most of the time you wind up killing the empty air. Battlefield, *shrug* Mostly I use stubby/compressor.

When I was on my support kick someone complained about my "absentee soldiering, no gunplay" because he died to my forest of claymores. Never mind that I run from flag to flag and just poop them out as I go. So next map (Pearl Market) I switched up to Bulldoge to be like everyone else and 39-11 MVP'd. Highlight was going dry with both weapons and getting two knife kills in before doing down. Me: "no gunplay tho"

Also had a 3 ticket CQ win, hadn't had one of those in a while. Plenty of shit games in between, don't get me wrong, battlefield is still battlefield. But it's been a really fun couple of weeks.

Most recently I capped out the AEK, now I can move on to the current meta-favorite SCAR-H.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Deagle wasn't too bad actually Kreugen. At least for me. The hard part was getting the 5 kills while swimming to get the pre-req pistol.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lol, just unlocked UNICA in about four minutes. Tons of tards swimming around in the dragon trying to do the same thing, and I put a health pack on a ledge and just hung by it.

To the pistol only server!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah only took me 2 rounds on the pistol only server to unlock the deagle. I believe its going to get nerfed though... its really pretty disgusting