BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

havoc00

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

TGI Fridays Is Heading For Bankruptcy—What Happened?​

In May, Red Lobster filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy after a tumultuous few years. Buca Di Beppo followed suit this summer. Now, another popular restaurant chain is heading down the same path.

Late last week, anonymous sources told Bloomberg that TGI Fridays was preparing to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and was in talks with lenders who could possible keep the company afloat in the meantime.

While the restaurant chain is reportedly working with attorneys on bankruptcy preparations, there has yet to be an official statement from TGI Fridays or its legal representation.

In September, the company lost the majority of its assets after failing to file documents to bondholders before the required deadline. Several days later, UK-based operator Hostmore decided to back out of its plans to purchase TGI Fridays and quickly closed 35 restaurants. It also filed for the UK's version of bankruptcy.

The company's financial woes are nothing new, however. The restaurant chain has grappled with slow sales and closures—including nearly 50 in the U.S. alone just since the start of 2024. There are 215 locations still in operation, but that's a far cry from the 386 restaurants that were in business in May 2020.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>

In May, Red Lobster filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy after a tumultuous few years. Buca Di Beppo followed suit this summer. Now, another popular restaurant chain is heading down the same path.

Late last week, anonymous sources told Bloomberg that TGI Fridays was preparing to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and was in talks with lenders who could possible keep the company afloat in the meantime.

While the restaurant chain is reportedly working with attorneys on bankruptcy preparations, there has yet to be an official statement from TGI Fridays or its legal representation.

In September, the company lost the majority of its assets after failing to file documents to bondholders before the required deadline. Several days later, UK-based operator Hostmore decided to back out of its plans to purchase TGI Fridays and quickly closed 35 restaurants. It also filed for the UK's version of bankruptcy.

The company's financial woes are nothing new, however. The restaurant chain has grappled with slow sales and closures—including nearly 50 in the U.S. alone just since the start of 2024. There are 215 locations still in operation, but that's a far cry from the 386 restaurants that were in business in May 2020.

Fridays is like three steps above Applebees and that ain't good

• 3Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
havoc00 havoc00

how do you like hot chicks with freckles?

1729795051672.png

1729795075697.png

1729795120575.png

1729795153608.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I think some restaurants just get stale. These mediocre corporate chains don't offer cheap, good, unique or quick food. When you're looking for generic mid priced low quality food you're just going to eventually try new places instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
I think some restaurants just get stale. These mediocre corporate chains don't offer cheap, good, unique or quick food. When you're looking for generic mid priced low quality food you're just going to eventually try new places instead.
I don't think that's true - that's why all these chains are so prominent in tourist locations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Trakanon Raider

They really get stale when inflation is 20+ percent over a few years. Every time a democrat is in office.

• 3Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't think that's true - that's why all these chains are so prominent in tourist locations.
Most of these chains are not in prime tourist retail they're in local shopping areas in my experience. It's more upscale ones that go into the busier places.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
Most of these chains are not in prime tourist retail they're in local shopping areas in my experience. It's more upscale ones that go into the busier places.
I don't know about right now, but there were a tone of them in Times Square - New York city and there would be a line for Olive Garden

• 2Like

Bald Brah

Trakanon Raider
I don't know about right now, but there were a tone of them in Times Square - New York city and there would be a line for Olive Garden

NYC is different. A lot of businesses will put a flagship store in Times Square. That's more about branding and advertising. Like McDonalds had their state of the art touchscreen menus there first.

• 2Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
NYC is different. A lot of businesses will put a flagship store in Times Square. That's more about branding and advertising. Like McDonalds had their state of the art touchscreen menus there first.
That's fine but when most people travel they tend to go to places they are familiar with

• 2Like