Better Call Saul

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're right, of course. I didn't mean to put so much emphasis on the million, I do assume he is living in one of the best districts of the city?

I doubt in the lower class areas the cops would come if someone reported a stolen newspaper.
if the town is small enough (and white enough) that the crime rate isnt too bad, the cops will come for just about anything. my local paper's police blotter lists some crazy shit the police were called about. a neighbor's tree had a branch fall off onto their next door neighbor lawn. somebody left a few empty beer bottles on a resident's door step, and one terrible person dumped an old couch onto their roadside curb. so a man wrapped in tinfoil stealing a neighbor's newspaper isnt very surprising.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats an old trick, newer cars probably dont come with those doorlock doohickys anymore. that old crown vic sure, because its for cops and old people, anything else is usually flush with the door when its locked.

great episode, i wonder how long ago gilligan wrote that backstory for mike and is just now using it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what did i miss when saul was like "how did you know i'd do that" (pour coffee onto vest)

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
what did i miss when saul was like "how did you know i'd do that" (pour coffee onto vest)
Nothing. It's just Mike being Mike, the same way he knew Walt was a ticking time bomb, and how he knew Jesse was essentially a harmless kid in over his head.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In the first (or second) episode the Kettlemen's tell Saul he is the type of lawyer guilty people hire. Thats pretty much the entire show right there.

Brad2770

Nothing. It's just Mike being Mike, the same way he knew Walt was a ticking time bomb, and how he knew Jesse was essentially a harmless kid in over his head.
Someone reads IGN

How did Mike know that Jimmy would spill that coffee? Because he's Mike. He sees right through people, right to the heart of who they are. It's the same skill that told him Walter White was a bomb waiting to go off, and that Jesse, though flawed, was fundamentally good-natured.
Better Call Saul: "5-0" ReviewBetter Call Saul: Review - IGN

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole episode was absolutely excellent and
the last scene felt so truthful, so genuine. Definitely Emmy bait for Jonathan Banks, the guy playing Mike. "I made him like me". Awesome.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He played it perfectly to. Mike was always the epitome of understatement with that deadpan stare of his. The desire for your kids to do better and be better than you is at the core of every father, the ones that are worth a shit anyway. It has to be a hard and bitter thing realize you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on that score. That you failed yourself and your kid. But he didn't oversell it. He told his daughter-in-law that cops aren't touchy feely but if your familiar enough with Mike, there was a world of pain in that face.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jeeeeesus. That episode was astounding. I want a Mike spin-off show now.
Now that we've had an episode devoted to Mike and his backstory, I'm betting we're going to start seeing him become more integral to the show. After this, he can't just go back to sitting in a parking garage counting stickers. At some point, we know he's going to become a private investigator (which means he'd have reason to work with Saul), and hopefully we'll eventually get to see how he got involved with Gus.