Better Call Saul

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Am I not remembering BB in that the widow is never in a scene where Mike's with his granddaughter?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More like
he kills 2 cops, gets shot, puts a quickie bandage on, takes the next train out of town to NM
he buys maxi pad cuz the bandage bled through
widow drives him to her place, he plays w/ kid, they spat a bit, he leaves on a taxi
he asks taxi guy, how well you know the place (as in for bad stuff)
taxi guy "knows" a good doggie doc
mike gets bullet removed, i guess gets, a house, a car and a job taking tickets.

also
Son's wife calls the police because she finds $6k in his bag. and was scared because other 2 cops got killed

it was more like, she's telling the police, "hey there's unknown monies in my bag, take it back, i think my husband was crooked and maybe that's why he got killed, is that a lead?"
Him getting the job taking stickers can't come last or there's no way he'd have known Saul who owed him the favor.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't realize they were bouncing all around time wise but that actually makes a lot more sense

Brad2770

You can tell when they are doing flash backs. The video seems a little over exposed and its grainier.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saul and the "present" shit happens way later in Mike's ABQ story. So yeah, lanx is right.
I agree but I'm not sure it's that much later, perhaps months. The only part of that episode that was 'present' was the interrogation scenes with Saul.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Pretty sure the discussion with the daughter about calling the cops and then his admission to being dirty is present day triggered by the notes in the homicide guys notebook.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure the discussion with the daughter about calling the cops and then his admission to being dirty is present day triggered by the notes in the homicide guys notebook.
That's right, I forgot about the notepad. It makes sense that eventually causes him to reconcile with her and develop a relationship with his granddauther.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
?Breaking Bad? Actor Announces DJ Tour

rrr_img_92645.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When you're talking about mystery money possibly from a dirty cop I'd say $6k is enough to have a concern over

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Look at it in the context of the story; he sold out cheap.
how was it cheap? if he got 6k, then presumably, it was a 3way 20k take from some drug dealer raid or scam or protection racket(i think it was protection) or something, before those 2 decided, "naw, he gotta die"

watching lots of cop movies, it seems to be that, it's not about the lump sum, but about the constant monthly money, sorta like when mikes lawyer put all that monthly money into the vaults.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Great episode of what's becoming a great show. I think it's perfect for people who didn't watch BB, too, because through a side character it starts taking the show to the next deepest level of drama/conflict and prepares viewers for the fact that the world/events/people this show is about can be pretty serious and dark. We've had hints of it, but so far it's all been through Saul's story, as such, so it's had a charm and fun to it as well. Those familiar with Breaking Bad understood the gravity of scenes with Mike at the parking booth. And now new viewers get that too.

Basically, Saul was a great tool to lighten the often heavy mood in Breaking Bad, and now Mike will be a great tool to provide weight to Better Call Saul which has been awesomely charming and fun. Great use of contrast in both shows to keep them feeling balanced, and it's only going to make Saul even more enjoyable as a character and show, I think.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
how was it cheap? if he got 6k, then presumably, it was a 3way 20k take from some drug dealer raid or scam or protection racket(i think it was protection) or something, before those 2 decided, "naw, he gotta die"
I get that. It was Quineloe saying that 6k isn't a lot of money to be worried about. I'm saying that if you think that, then he compromised his morals on the cheap. You only get one shot at being unblemished.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you think about it, he didn't compromise his morals for the money at all. He did it because Mike convinced Matt he knew dirty cops because he was one and the only way to appease the other dirty cops and not end up dead was to look like you were in on it.

You only get one shot to be unblemished, so you should try to extort dirty cops or criminals for more money? Is that what people are thinking?

Matty wasn't trying to be dirty, he was trying to not get killed for being clean.

I don't get why this is being discussed, I guess.

Not to mention, that's plenty of money for a murdered cop's widow to get worried and call the cops because she just found 6k cash hidden in a family suitcase after they'd been living paycheck to paycheck.