Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kind of odd to be arguing over what the character's intentions are when the writers have already said they don't even know yet.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Hopefully Season 3 will be the last one involving Chuck. S3 will probably wrap up the Chuck and Kim arcs, introduce Gus and show how Mike and Saul get involved with him. Which could bridge the transition into the Breaking Bad timeline in Season 4.

Assuming this show is going to go 5.5 seasons like Breaking Bad did, they could easily fill 2 seasons of stuff that goes on during BB. Not to mention they could fill a season or at least some episodes with Future Cinnabon Saul (and I doubt they've been showing us those scenes without a reason behind it).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of odd to be arguing over what the character's intentions are when the writers have already said they don't even know yet.
Agreed- it's all idle speculation. That said, I'll end my idle speculation with this:

1. According to the Chekhov's gun principle (Chekhov's gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Chuck will absolutely use the tape.

2. It's possible he could try and use it to ruin Jimmy and Kim's relationship (as it may ultimately do) but I doubt it would end there. Kim already knows what Jimmy did- there is no bombshell here. Plus, if that's all season 3 is about, it's pretty weak sauce. Also it's not like Jimmy works for a law firm anymore, so Chuck can't simply rat Jimmy out to his boss because he doesn't have a boss.

3. The only possibility left is that Chuck tries to get Jimmy disbarred. He brings Jimmy before the NM state bar (or whatever) on charges of misconduct (or whatever), using the tape as evidence. Chuck has already stated he doesn't think Jimmy should be practicing law- why would he ignore a perfectly good opportunity to do something about it?

Anyway, I'll rest my idle speculation there. We will have to wait months for next season's previews before we actually know.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the writers are reading this thread looking for ideas.

At least, that's how I'm choosing to play it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
1. According to the Chekhov's gun principle (Chekhov's gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Chuck will absolutely use the tape.
Never heard of that. It sounds lazy and counterproductive towards building rich worlds.

That being said, the tape probably doesn't apply to that principal because it's not just a prop. He's definitely going to try to use it, the only question is how important it will be.

Caliane

Never heard of that. It sounds lazy and counterproductive towards building rich worlds.

That being said, the tape probably doesn't apply to that principal because it's not just a prop. He's definitely going to try to use it, the only question is how important it will be.
TV and movies are time limited. everything must have a point. every second on screen without relevance is boring, wasted time.
Go watch a bad, poorly edited movie. with 20s scenes of people walking to cars, cooking dinner etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed season 2.

Oh and after all the completely useless, stupid and morally corrupt women in Breaking Bad, I'm glad to see such a strong female character in Better Call Saul. Her character really captures the essence of the strong-willed, career oriented women I know.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Chuck already said how he's going to use the tape... He turns it over to Kim and she is duty-bound to inform her client. Which will lose her the client and tarnish her name. Kim's going to be pissed at Jimmy for causing all the drama and it'll be a wedge between the two.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just because you have no idea what you're talking about doesn't mean you can't spend the day trying to win an argument on the internet.

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed season 2.

Oh and after all the completely useless, stupid and morally corrupt women in Breaking Bad, I'm glad to see such a strong female character in Better Call Saul. Her character really captures the essence of the strong-willed, career oriented women I know.
yeah i like how Kim is pragmatic, puts herself #1, and tries not to compromise her principles too much. she behave's exactly like you think someone would, that you would hope you would, and doesn't go out of her way to fuck anyone else over

chuck is the new skyler lol

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chuck already said how he's going to use the tape... He turns it over to Kim and she is duty-bound to inform her client. Which will lose her the client and tarnish her name. Kim's going to be pissed at Jimmy for causing all the drama and it'll be a wedge between the two.
Chuck said that? Totally missed it. When did he say that?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's probably a dozen different reasonable ways for Chuck to use that tape, and I doubt the writers of Better Call Saul have decided which one they'll pick.

Like the machine gun in the last season of BB, they showed it early, and didn't decide what he'd do with it until the last minute.

I like the idea that'll give it to Kim though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's probably a dozen different reasonable ways for Chuck to use that tape, and I doubt the writers of Better Call Saul have decided which one they'll pick.

Like the machine gun in the last season of BB, they showed it early, and didn't decide what he'd do with it until the last minute.

I like the idea that'll give it to Kim though.
it also forces kim to pick what is more important in her life, her relationship with jimmy or her devotion to her career. i think whatever decision she makes it will ruin her relationship.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just watched this and didn't realize it was the season finale while I was watching it...it felt like it was setting up the finale. There was no pay-off on anything and I literally smacked my forehead when Jimmy started telling Chuck that he was right. I wouldn't have minded if they left a cliffhanger for one of the stories, but leaving both hanging just left a bitter taste on the season. I actually liked the episode when I thought it was leading up to the finale.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Would Kim even need to do anything? Legally or ethically. She already knows the truth and the tape is nothing more than Jimmy telling his mentally unfit brother what he needs to hear so he will calm down and stop literally wallpapering his home with tinfoil. Chuck is too far gone, and too many people know it.

I can't see the tape being used on it's own, more the first piece of a case Chuck will start putting together next season to take Jimmy down. It also shows Chucks willingness to lower himself to Jimmy's level. But these are the Breaking Bad writers and like others have said they don't even know what they'll do. They love writing themselves into corners and having shitty payoffs. Fucking machine gun.