Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Would Kim even need to do anything? Legally or ethically. She already knows the truth and the tape is nothing more than Jimmy telling his mentally unfit brother what he needs to hear so he will calm down and stop literally wallpapering his home with tinfoil. Chuck is too far gone, and too many people know it.
That's correct. Not sure why people think she has to report every piece of evidence a crazy person gives her, but she would be under no obligation to do it unless Jimmy came out and admitted to her the truth.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Haven't read every post in the thread, but does anyone think that even if that tape makes it's way to the State Bar/Authorities it won't really matter. There is medical documented evidence that Chuck is crazy, couldn't Jimmy just say he said all that to make his Crazy Brother feel better? Seems pretty believable or at the very least plausible considering Chuck's claimed condition.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Haven't read every post in the thread, but does anyone think that even if that tape makes it's way to the State Bar/Authorities it won't really matter. There is medical documented evidence that Chuck is crazy, couldn't Jimmy just say he said all that to make his Crazy Brother feel better? Seems pretty believable or at the very least plausible considering Chuck's claimed condition.
yep, at the end of te day as jimmy told chuck. "its my word against yours". that means even if he was recorded, jimmy is still more believable because chuck is a crazy person and there are many people to back that up. all jimmy needs to say is, he was trying to calm his brother down which he was trying to do. there is one weak link in that, if anyone puts any heavy pressure on the all night printing guy he will spill the beans, so maybe mike will come secure that for jimmy, but otherwise its really just the word of a sane person versus crazy.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hopefully Season 3 will be the last one involving Chuck. S3 will probably wrap up the Chuck and Kim arcs, introduce Gus and show how Mike and Saul get involved with him. Which could bridge the transition into the Breaking Bad timeline in Season 4.

Assuming this show is going to go 5.5 seasons like Breaking Bad did, they could easily fill 2 seasons of stuff that goes on during BB. Not to mention they could fill a season or at least some episodes with Future Cinnabon Saul (and I doubt they've been showing us those scenes without a reason behind it).
Saul doesn't even know Gus exists until s2 of BrBa.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's been a while but doesn't Saul arrange for Walt to meet Gus? IIRC Walt had a bunch of meth to sell and Saul was like "I know a guy who knows a guy" and setup the meeting.
Yeah that's how I remember it. Walt didn't know Gus, but I don't think they ever said anything about when Saul met him.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I always took that, even before BCS came out, as Saul knew Gus through Mike though. So, it's clearly going to be Mike who meets Gus and they probably use Saul at some point for a small legal thing.

But, yes, Saul set up the initial meet between Walter/Jesse and Gus. They showed up at the restaurant, Jesse shows up late and high, so Gus does not reveal himself to them. Walt figures out it was him when he goes back a second time.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm in the process of rewatching BrBa.

When Gus "doesn't show up" for the first meeting with WW, WW calls Saul and asks him to get in touch with Gus. Saul makes it clear that he doesn't actually know Gus. That he's more of a "friend of a friend of a friend of a friend".

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
BrBa S02E11 Mandala

Saul
What you two need is an honest-to-God businessman. Somebody who treats your product Iike the simple high-margin commodity that it is. Somebody who ships out of town, deals only in bulk. Someone who's been doing this for 20 years and never been caught.

WW
You know someone like that?

Saul
Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy. Who knows another guy. Let me make some calls, see if I can get you a meeting.

WW
Well, what's his name?

Saul
Have no idea.

*After the meeting*

WW
Call him back.

Saul
I'm sorry. I can't do that.

WW
Yes, you can. Call him, Saul.

Saul
First of all, I never called him, all right? I called a guy who called a guy who called a guy.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's still possible that Mike is the connection, and Saul just didn't know how close Mike and Gus' relationship was.

Mike keeps very quiet.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can now confirm that Mike does have a channel to Gus.

S03E02 Mike has just bugged WW's house to monitor Skyler. WW shows up and moves back in because fuck Skyler. WW taking a shower and The Cousins show up. Mike picks up the phone and calls Gus' right hand man.

Mike: "It's me and there's something you should know about"

The message is delivered directly to Gus.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
There's no doubt that Mike is working for Gus. He does a bunch of dirty work for him throughout the show. IIRC Mike was there to bug Skyler at Gus' request.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
After thinking about it more Bisi is probably right and Saul doesn't know Gus at all. Saul just knows Mike. With how careful Gus is I don't think he'd want to be associated with a "scumbag lawyer" like Saul, especially when he's chumming it up with the cops and DEA who probably all hate Saul.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I can now confirm that Mike does have a channel to Gus.
You've watched the show before, right? Mike and Gus are in the same room, multiple times, where Gus gives Mike things to do or discusses what they should do. It's 100% totally confirmed Mike works for Gus, it should never have been a question.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno- but he has "overcome" his "disorder" before during important events (like the Mesa Verde meeting where he left all electric stuff on- and then collapsed at the end).
to be precise, whenever he needed to fuck over Jimmy, he managed to overcome his crazy.

As Hoss said it, it's not a real illness. It's entirely in his head and the need to fuck over Jimmy apparently can completely overcome it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would Kim even need to do anything? Legally or ethically. She already knows the truth and the tape is nothing more than Jimmy telling his mentally unfit brother what he needs to hear so he will calm down and stop literally wallpapering his home with tinfoil. Chuck is too far gone, and too many people know it.

I can't see the tape being used on it's own, more the first piece of a case Chuck will start putting together next season to take Jimmy down. It also shows Chucks willingness to lower himself to Jimmy's level. But these are the Breaking Bad writers and like others have said they don't even know what they'll do. They love writing themselves into corners and having shitty payoffs. Fucking machine gun.
did you just say you didn't like the machine gun ending of BrBa?