Billions

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was absolutely enthralled by this show during the first 4 or 5 episodes, but omnipotent Axelrod is just getting fucking stupid. Him having these superhero-esque powers where he can recall details of a person he punched days ago, in a fit of rage, with pinpoint detail are just retarded.Now, we get another episode where he uses his superpower of precognition to know that the US Attorney is going to try and use somebody as an informant, but he gets to him first and knows exactly who they'll use!So crafty!

If they don't right the ship by the end of the season, I think I'm done.
Yeah I thought that was lame.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I was absolutely enthralled by this show during the first 4 or 5 episodes, but omnipotent Axelrod is just getting fucking stupid. Him having these superhero-esque powers where he can recall details of a person he punched days ago, in a fit of rage, with pinpoint detail are just retarded. Now, we get another episode where he uses his superpower of precognition to know that the US Attorney is going to try and use somebody as an informant, but he gets to him first and knows exactly who they'll use! So crafty!

If they don't right the ship by the end of the season, I think I'm done.
I think its much more likely Donnie came to Axe when he got turned, and Axe figured out how to use it to his advantage rather than Axe miraculously figured out who it is. They just didn't show that part so that we'd have some tension thinking Axe is in trouble.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think its much more likely Donnie came to Axe when he got turned, and Axe figured out how to use it to his advantage rather than Axe miraculously figured out who it is. They just didn't show that part so that we'd have some tension thinking Axe is in trouble.
The FBI has been up Donnie's ass since he got "turned". Outside of the wire, they seemingly have him under 24/7 surveillance. Yet, they never saw him have a private meeting with Axe without a wire? And if they did, they never thought to confront him about this? Doesn't really make any sense.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The FBI has been up Donnie's ass since he got "turned". Outside of the wire, they seemingly have him under 24/7 surveillance. Yet, they never saw him have a private meeting with Axe without a wire? And if they did, they never thought to confront him about this? Doesn't really make any sense.
This would be relevant if we lived in a world where the only form of communication was speaking.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This would be relevant if we lived in a world where the only form of communication was speaking.
Did they use smoke signals? Carrier pigeons? What else is there that wouldn't have an FBI probe attached? Face to face is about the only way you could accomplish "discreet" communication nowadays. If the FBI saw him go to a pay phone, enter Axe's home, etc., they'd obviously know some shit was up. The only way the FBI/US Attorney's office wouldn't know he was working as a double-agent would be if Axe got to him before the FBI did and if Axe got to him first, it makes it fucking stupid just like I said in my original statement.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Did they use smoke signals? Carrier pigeons? What else is there that wouldn't have an FBI probe attached? Face to face is about the only way you could accomplish "discreet" communication nowadays. If the FBI saw him go to a pay phone, enter Axe's home, etc., they'd obviously know some shit was up. The only way the FBI/US Attorney's office wouldn't know he was working as a double-agent would be if Axe got to him before the FBI did and if Axe got to him first, it makes it fucking stupid just like I said in my original statement.
He was at work every day. He writes a note on a legal pad and has it delivered interoffice. Axe replies in kind. Wow, are you closed minded?

velk

Trakanon Raider
I was absolutely enthralled by this show during the first 4 or 5 episodes, but omnipotent Axelrod is just getting fucking stupid. Him having these superhero-esque powers where he can recall details of a person he punched days ago, in a fit of rage, with pinpoint detail are just retarded. Now, we get another episode where he uses his superpower of precognition to know that the US Attorney is going to try and use somebody as an informant, but he gets to him first and knows exactly who they'll use! So crafty!
The implication there was that Axe got him to do an obvious illegal trade solely so they'd pick him up and try to turn him. Note he wasn't particularly upset or surprised to be have the police raid his house in the middle of the night.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He was at work every day. He writes a note on a legal pad and has it delivered interoffice. Axe replies in kind. Wow, are you closed minded?
Sure, that's plausible. But, like Velk just said, the implication within the context/confines of the show is that Axe already got to him before the Feds did, and that's what I'm struggling to not find a bit ridiculous.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, that's plausible. But, like Velk just said, the implication within the context/confines of the show is that Axe already got to him before the Feds did, and that's what I'm struggling to not find a bit ridiculous.
I don't think thats the implication, I think they deliberately didn't show what happened just so we'd have a "moment." To me its a lot more likely (since they didn't show either scenario) that Donnie told Axe that he was compromised and Axe came up with a plan to feed the AUSA some innocuous (but seemingly juicy!) info to keep them busy and off his back.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was also a great possibility that he had such a contingency plan in place with ALL of his top guys, so that no matter who the FBI turned the plan would be the same. No precognition needed if you cover all the bases.

Jaws_sl

shitlord
I like this answer but I think its even deeper. The "trade" that Donnie did to get the SEC/ATTY Gen up his ass was a set up from Day One.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am going to be monumentally pissed if some contrived version of Donnie was dying of cancer so he fell on this sword for Axe... or worse he took some poison and fell on this sword for Axe is what is going on.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean would it be that far fetched if Donnie told Axe months prior he was diagnosed with terminal cancer? So Axe and him set a plan in motion for when time got closer in return Axe takes care of his husband and family

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That only makes sense his employees weren't all 8 figure earners. We know at least three of them earned 20 million or so a year.

Homsar

Wasnt he not really that good at his job? they always made it sound like he was shit and Axe hooked him up with a stock in the beginning of the series. We really dont know how long Axe and him could have planted this

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't watched last nights episode, but finally got around to 8. Loved it. I know some people are freaking out at the precognition of Axe, and I think it's far more likely he found a way to notify Axe after the FBI came to him. In the same return, the only minor flaw I may have about the show is that some of the characters are in fact unrealistically smart. Axe is a borderline super human. Regardless, show has been great. Un-rustle those jimmies.

Homsar

Axe isnt superhuman, only thing for in this show is how everyone seems to be die hard for justice and so many caring about the lower class

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wasnt he not really that good at his job? they always made it sound like he was shit and Axe hooked him up with a stock in the beginning of the series. We really dont know how long Axe and him could have planted this
You then imply that he hired Donnie for the singular purpose of knowing he would die from "something" and groomed him to be ready to jump on the legal grenade when the time came. Which is even more insane.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd rather it be polonium poisoning. Would take this show into a pretty fun direction.

It's the first thing I thought of with how quickly his health went south, had to have been some sort of poisoning. You can't time cancer like that, even if it's terminal.