Black Desert

moontayle

Golden Squire
Warrior Awakening out as of yesterday. Already saw someone TRI a Dandelion (Boss Drop). Quest added to get a random drop from Kzarka kill (anywhere from 0 to 4) and 100 of these will get you a Kzarka box. Same deal for the Awakening (Dandelion) box. They added a daily "Grind" reward you claim in the same place as the Daily loyalty reward. No stacking though. Either 200% exp increase for 30m or 100% for 1hr. Anecdotal evidence from around the forums indicate that the curve was lowered a little post-50 as well. The easier to get to 56 for Awakenings which are now going to be on a 2-week cycle for release. Next up is Sorc.

Currently there's a couple of small promotions going on. One is a new button in the ESC menu called Black Spirit Adventures. Think of it like a board game. 5 rolls per day of a d6, random items/buffs to be had. One hour cooldown after a roll. Second is in the Loyalty shop. 1 Loyalty point for a box that contains 5 Weapon and Armor stones, 1 hard and sharp stone, 1 Cron stone, and 1 memory fragment. Claimable once per day.

If you're still playing but not super hardcore and want to join a guild, hit me up on Edan as ArieIen (the I is a capital "i"). I'm on most nights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flight

Molten Core Raider
3-day weekend incoming. Fully plan on spending the bulk of it farming in Helms caves for the necklace. I got one off preorder once that started working properly but haven't bothered to get more to go for PRI/DUO..

Do you mean you personally have a 3 day weekend or there's a 3 day in game promotion going on ?

Thinking of giving this a go. Have to play solo so any classes particularly better than others for solo PvE ? Advice or links welcome on starting up etc

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't found a class yet that I've played that can't solo. I will say that until you get certain skills or skill awakenings, chugging pots on cool down can be a thing for some classes like Berserker. So far I've played Berserker, Blader/Musa, and Ninja to 50+ and would say the ninja has been the easiest and funnest to solo. Blader/Musa have a skill called Divider that you can pretty much spam to grind through packs as it has an on hit heal per target hit and gets a skill awakening option at higher levels that increases this healing amount. Berserkers get a skill awakening that applies an on hit heal per target hit for their spin ability as well. Pick what plays the way you want, make sure you buy the requisite pots for said class, and enjoy yourself. For more melee focused players, they have main weapon augmenting crystals now that add a hp per target hit leech that can definitely make your life a little easier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Berserkers lost the hit point on hit for Raging Thunder (spin) when the new skill add-ons got released.

Cybsled

Nothing happened to the game. It is a beautiful game with amazing graphics and a cool combat system....wrapped around a typical Korea grindfest core that becomes incredibly stale.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's still pretty well populated overall too. They're going mega-server at the end of the month (I've seen varying reports of this having been the original plan). Valk awakening is the tits. Awakening cycle overall is close to finishing with only 3 sets left to drop (Musa/Maehwa, Ninja/Kunoichi, Witch/Wizard). Still have an entire set of ocean content to get released as well.

I've moved into this just being the MMO I'm playing but I still enjoy it and plenty of other people do as well.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Are there any plans to reduce the ridiculous gear advantage that no lifers maintain in this game?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Are there any plans to reduce the ridiculous gear advantage that no lifers maintain in this game?
You'll never have that. That said, they recently gave everyone a free boss armor item, there's been two back-to-back events which reward many different types of high end items through random boxes, and the market is saturated with normal TRI items (Grunil, etc) so if you focus afk efforts towards decent money making activities (fishing, worker gathering), you can get to a good baseline as far as gear is concerned. You'll never have much in the way of the average pleb getting TET+ but unless you're talking about high conquest PvP, you'll never really need it either.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol wtf happened to this game?

Played a warrior to 35 or so then quit.

What happened NA / EU wise is a lot of players got pulled from BDO upwards Revelation Online's "we're not korean guys, we're chinese" closed betas and Archeage's 3.0 "fresh start servers, this time with less korean P2W shit" promises.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
something happened, the market has dropped. Not seeing much on many items anymore. Heard they fixed the black stone issue which seems to have flooded the game with funds like candy. Still waiting on the wave from that. But over all, it does look like there was a player drop or banning that happened in the past month or so.

moontayle

Golden Squire
something happened, the market has dropped. Not seeing much on many items anymore. Heard they fixed the black stone issue which seems to have flooded the game with funds like candy. Still waiting on the wave from that. But over all, it does look like there was a player drop or banning that happened in the past month or so.
I think it depends on the server you're on. Uno, for instance, is pretty consistent in the evening with every non-node war channel hitting Crowded.

Maybe when they announced server merges and a 36 channel mega server for the game?
That literally just happened and most were expecting it at some point.

Game has problems, the server architecture is still shit and balance is out the window, but it has its moments and I personally still find it enjoyable.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Lots of people left when the P2W patch went live, my entire guild quit that week, and with the Awakening weapons getting slowly patched in and the continuous addition of P2W cash shop items and now the announcement of server merges not to mention no real content updates to the Korean Server in almost 1 year = slow death of this game. Shame cause the potential was so great.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can't believe I blew $500 in this thing... could have bought myself one of those awesome Star Citizen packages... oh wait.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't believe I blew $500 in this thing... could have bought myself one of those awesome Star Citizen packages... oh wait.

You know, this is the only MMO in a long time that kept me entertained for over 7 months. Despite its flaws, there's still something about it keeps me playing.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
You know, this is the only MMO in a long time that kept me entertained for over 7 months. Despite its flaws, there's still something about it keeps me playing.

I was wondering if I might ask, is the social aspect an important component of why you keep playing?
On a scale of 0 to 10 how sociable is this game in your opinion?