Black Desert

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was my take. I stopped at level 57 on my Warrior back when the soft cap was still 50 or 52. The game is amazingly fun and really enjoyable but I cant work with the PVP in this game, much less any other game. Since I rarely follow this game, I didnt know about the update. Hopefully it provides some solid PVE content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing this game again for the last month.

Since I stopped giving a shit about trying to be leet and just playing casually i've accidentally gotten decent gear. 3/4 boss armor (still need tree), TRI weapons, etc.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Started playing this again Friday night. I played at launch, but left just after the Plum and Blader were released. Trying a Kunoichi now and so far so good. Leveling is insanely fast with all the shit I was sent in the mail over the last few months. I'm also glad I got into investment banking. I suppose that only works on days you login (or at least that's when you are sent money) because on Friday I had an email that said "House Fame Fund" and attached was over 82 million silver. Yesterday I got another email that had just under 400k attached.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I watched the video and the game does look interesting. I only like playing MMO's where I can play support type characters - clerics, etc. Is there something like that here?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I watched the video and the game does look interesting. I only like playing MMO's where I can play support type characters - clerics, etc. Is there something like that here?

Witch (and I assume wizard? Was never sure if they were the same) have some healing abilities and stuff.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There aren't really support classes. Many have group buffs and/or heals but the game doesn't really have group dynamics. Grouping is more like a bunch of soloers playing together.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Any general tips on what to do/not to do? I think I will go ninja because I like the aesthetic.

Edit: Never mind. Read up a bit more on the game and it seems that PVP isn't very rewarding in the game. I'm going to wait for something else.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'll need a little more info before I can answer on some general tips. Can you explain to me what "rewarding" PvP is. Because for the life of me, I can't work out what you mean. Black Desert's PvP is pretty much a one-shot fest at max level/gear in 1v1 fights... but that's a tiny fraction of the PvP the game has to offer.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nothing is very rewarding in the game. It's all RNG stacked on top of RNG. I think it's worth it to try a 7 day free trial though.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the video that was posted back a page or so about the streamer who came back, got me to restart this game again. As people said before, if you don't try to be the 1%, you will be fine. You can grind silver and pretty much buy yourself into relevancy instead of breaking your fucking keyboard with the retarded and unforgiving up RNG enhancement system. Personally I don't care to PVP at all and PVE combat is fun as hell (better than most single player action/rpg games) and the world is just so expansive and gorgeous.

If you are like me and play this game to PVE, I treat it as a sandbox and I typically hate sandbox/make your own adventure games, but this is different for some reason, probably because there is SO much to do and grinding silver both actively and AFK you always feel like you are making progress. Since there is no monthly fee and IMO this is definitely NOT a P2W game, I personally feel you will easily get the $50 or whatever the box price is as the first time through, I can almost guarantee you will drop 80-100 hours at the minimum without even noticing it and that is far better than 99% of the shit out there.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I agree with you there. I know it will never happen but if this game introduced some sort of PvE endgame it would be huge right now. I absolutely love the crafting in this game and trading on long routes is enjoyable to me for some reason, with the perk of making stupid money for not doing much.

This is one of the first MMOs where combat felt amazing to me. Age of Conan was close but for some reason missed the mark and BDO nailed it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I wish I could magically erase the knowledge from my mind that I will never have a chance in PvP in this game due to the dumb as hell gear system.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Unless everyone is somehow running around in full Pen gear, it's really not hard to get gear that will let you be competitive (unless something massively changed when awakenings came out). Will you be #1 pvper? Nope, but then again you probably wouldn't be #1 pvper even if you had full pen gear.

I downloaded the patches the other day, gonna pop back on for a week or two and see if I like my sorc again or if ranger is more fun with awakening.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I wish I could magically erase the knowledge from my mind that I will never have a chance in PvP in this game due to the dumb as hell gear system.
I stopped playing BDO when Legion launched, and haven't played until a few days ago. I had relevant gear when I stopped playing, maybe top 20%, but not the top 1%, but it's close to 6 months since I've progressed. Most of my old guild mates are rocking AP levels of 230+ and DP of 280+ while I'm at 180 AP / 240 DP as a comparison.

I curb stomped an unguilded Awakened Sorc at pirates this morning, over and over again -- I play a ranger. So yeah, even with mediocre gear and some knowledge you can compete with the regular Joe. You won't be able to compete with the top tier siege and node war guilds though... but isn't that to be expected?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I quit this in June at level 53 or so on a Wizard. How long would it take to get the Awakening weapons if I came back and how much do they change the playstyle/class?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
new "soft cap" is 56, it'll take about a day to get there and get awakening. Wizard seems more mobile with more close range PBAOE attacks with awakening. Also you get a elemental pet thing.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
new "soft cap" is 56, it'll take about a day to get there and get awakening. Wizard seems more mobile with more close range PBAOE attacks with awakening. Also you get a elemental pet thing.

So is there a difference between Witch / Wizard now with awakenings? I'm confused

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I don't have an awakened of either class so i'm probably not the best person to answer, but from what I've seen/heard is gameplay-wise, Witch awakening is more range-y compared to wizard being more melee range pbaoe. Lore-wise, Wizard's become fire/water based, witches are air(lightning) and earth based attacks. Wizards get a grab, witches get a block.