Black Desert

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are these Value packs (subscriptions basically?) worth it? Looks like 10% exp gain, 16 inven/bank slots, 100 weight and some other shit. That is account wide I assume?

Regarding if it is account wide, I honestly don't know and was totally overwhelmed with all the "free" shit we got, a definitely a nice to have 1st world problem. With gifts like this, for some reason I tend to hoard them and never use them which is pretty stupid, but oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's family wide so I think essentially account wide. Had 2 or 3 weeks of it for free from past downtime when I wasn't playing.

Made a giant to refamiliarize myself and got to high 30s pretty dang quick. That 100% channel buff with the 200% 30min daily buff is no joke.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
just got my witch to awakening and man, I hate the key bindings. Oh you are used to pressing this button as a finisher? Ok that button kills your pet instead. Wanna heal? Nope that's now an AOE DOT.

Muscle memory from Pre-56 skills take a while to break.

My zerker was 56 before I quit, I don't know why I never bothered to awaken him. I think i'll do that now lol.

Value packs are account wide. Also if you buy the 3 pack (for 3 months) you get some nice bonus things, 10x 100% drop rate scrolls, Elions blessings, etc

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I actually just noticed they gave me two 30-day ones for free, claimable on my account page. So much free shit I haven't even gone through it all yet...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
just got my witch to awakening and man, I hate the key bindings. Oh you are used to pressing this button as a finisher? Ok that button kills your pet instead. Wanna heal? Nope that's now an AOE DOT.

Muscle memory from Pre-56 skills take a while to break.

My zerker was 56 before I quit, I don't know why I never bothered to awaken him. I think i'll do that now lol.

Value packs are account wide. Also if you buy the 3 pack (for 3 months) you get some nice bonus things, 10x 100% drop rate scrolls, Elions blessings, etc

What build did you use for Witch (assuming it's the mirror of Wiz?) pre-awakening? I've got a Wiz at 53 with reset skills, about 635 points iirc. Not sure how to spec him and googling around mostly shows Post-awakening builds, and even then they aren't taking the skills I remember as being pretty OP when I played early last year (like Residual Lightning or whatever that one was).

Also, do people typically re-set their skill points at 56 and change build to accommodate the awakening weapon?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So really have been grinding my Awoken Berserker lately...so insanely fun. This is one of the rare times I feel the promo video DOESN'T do it justice.

A+++ advice. Oh man, I just did awakening on my berserker and holy shit. It's just so fucking fun. I don't know how efficient or effective it is, compared to witch, but man on a visceral level, it's hard to explain, and no the video doesn't really do it justice at all. It's basically like incredible hulk just smashing and punching shit and just picking people up and beating up other people with the person you grabbed as a weapon. Berserkers always had those grabs, but when you add the fists/cannon it's just, fuck. I just shelved my witch now.

What build did you use for Witch (assuming it's the mirror of Wiz?) pre-awakening? I've got a Wiz at 53 with reset skills, about 635 points iirc. Not sure how to spec him and googling around mostly shows Post-awakening builds, and even then they aren't taking the skills I remember as being pretty OP when I played early last year (like Residual Lightning or whatever that one was).

Also, do people typically re-set their skill points at 56 and change build to accommodate the awakening weapon?
wiz/witch the same pre-awakening. Just do lightning/residual lightning, fireball/fireball explosion. meteor.
and Yeah post awakening you'll pretty much drop most non-awakening skills except for a few. for my witch I kept all my heals/buffs and dropped all damage abilities.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
wiz/witch preawakening though is basically god mode.

S+F is your lightning (also your 100%, so make sure you don't waste it on single mobs, it'll kill everything on your screen). then RMB. That kills mostly everything
then S+LMB, then RMB is fireball/fireball explosion. that also kills mostly everything
Shift+Space is teleport. Shift+LMB is refills all of your mana. E refills all your health.
if you are clearing really fast you can also go with blizzard (Shift +LMB+RMB) or chain lightning (Shift + RMB, then LMB+RMB for another residual lighting type thing, forget what it's called). Those are just filler abilities while your 2 main attacks are on cooldown.
If you are fighting particularly tough mobs or you've managed to somehow gather up more than you can kill in 1 shot then you can always use your insta-cast ability (bind to hotbar only, no key combo) then S + LMB+RMB which is meteor which kills everything on your screen.

You practically cannot die and never need pots.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hit 50 on my Zerker and will probably try out my 53 wiz again soonish.

Where should I be leveling 50-56? I want to get Awakening stuff as fast as I can. I'm at Catfishmen now but it's pretty slow with no exp buffs (besides 100% channel buff). My zerker is only 96 ap/75 dp; I've got about 160 mill silver though so I'll probably outfit him in as much +15 armor as I can (currently using Agerian x3, Talis boots) now that I'm 50. His accessories are just PRI bares neck, PRI bares belt, 1x PRI Bares ear, Ring of Good Deeds, and a Jarette's ring and ear. +15 yuria axe and +9 Saiyer knot.

Wiz is better geared, something like full or almost full +15 armor, +15 blue yuria staff/+15 steel dagger, non-enhanced Witch Ears, Marks of Shadow. That type of stuff.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit 50 on my Zerker and will probably try out my 53 wiz again soonish.

Where should I be leveling 50-56? I want to get Awakening stuff as fast as I can. I'm at Catfishmen now but it's pretty slow with no exp buffs (besides 100% channel buff). My zerker is only 96 ap/75 dp; I've got about 160 mill silver though so I'll probably outfit him in as much +15 armor as I can (currently using Agerian x3, Talis boots) now that I'm 50. His accessories are just PRI bares neck, PRI bares belt, 1x PRI Bares ear, Ring of Good Deeds, and a Jarette's ring and ear. +15 yuria axe and +9 Saiyer knot.

Wiz is better geared, something like full or almost full +15 armor, +15 blue yuria staff/+15 steel dagger, non-enhanced Witch Ears, Marks of Shadow. That type of stuff.

For your "returning" attendance rewards you will eventually get a full 6 pc set Jarette which will give you neck, ears, rings, belt with a +10 AP bonus. But since you already have Witches Ears and Marks of Shadows definitely equip your Zerkers with those which I believe are still probably near BiS. I would buy all 4 pc of Grunil and get them all to +7 for the + AP bonus. If you can, I would just suffer with the +15 Yuria and save all your money for a PRI/DUO Iron Buster and a PRI/DUO Saiyer as you will hardly ever use your axes again. You will now pretty much be caught up to where I'm at where the real silver slog starts, but it's so damn fun to grind with your Awoken Zerker you won't really give a shit.

For places to grind, nothing really changed from before:

50-53 - Catfish, Orcs, Hexe
53-56 - Mine, Manes, Bandit, Helms

I totally know how you feel as you are so close to the promised land, but it's all worth it at the end.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
personally I do catfish to 51, Helms to 53, Elrics to 55, then Sausans.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got 56. :)

Damn, the quest for the Awakening are hard...on my tamer. One mob almost 1 shotted me, no way I'll be able to solo that part.

Can't wait to be able to complete it though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The wilderness golems are kinda tough for low geared characters. If you are careful you can find and pull some solo, otherwise just bring some friends. The other 2 parts are easy.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finally got 56. :)

Damn, the quest for the Awakening are hard...on my tamer. One mob almost 1 shotted me, no way I'll be able to solo that part.

Can't wait to be able to complete it though.

Yeah those golems are a pain in the ass. Not sure if they are the same golems as I had to do for my Berserker. Just like any tough mob in this game, try and get behind it and attack.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why in the hell have they not put together some sort of raid system. God this game would be so damn great with a few tweaks here and there. Still an amazing game though I am really enjoying the return.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I dont know why I bother to come back, the community in this game is just god awful. "You're in my grinding spot!" *ganks you while wearing a ghille suit*. Crystals break, you lose exp. No thanks ;\ (Plus the whole equipment upgrade system is bad)

I wouldn't mind if the pvp wasn't too shabby, but it is. You pretty much lose control of your character from full to dead, and due to desync issues half the time you don't even know why you're stunned, and you just warp back to where the server *thinks* you were

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
PvP in this was some of the best mmo pvp i've ever played. Node war stuff was kinda meh (I wasn't in one of the top tier guilds, could've been more fun there but having 10-15 people show up to a node war against a guild who has 35 is just not fun) but even outnumbered group fights were a bunch of fun as long as it didn't really get out of control numbers wise. Had a few fights with the guild I was in where we'd go up 3-8 vs 5-20 and win.

PS: I was one of the people who killed anyone who was in my grind spots until they started catering to carebears and ruining the world control aspects of pvp (hai2u pvp deaths no longer costing exp loss, yay karma trollers).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im sure if PVP is your thing, then Black Desert is pretty nice. The game lets you show your colors, banners, control areas etc.

But I agree that I would love this game, and probably still be playing it if it just had a stronger PVE pull. BDO was one of the first games in years where, for whatever reason, after everything Ive seen in games, that big ass Treant that you cant attack down in Treant Forest crossing my path just had me in amazement. I would love for the game to have a different equipment system thats more akin to a western MMO. A raid system that isnt just a fucking zerg rush and you actually know what kills you and is avoidable etc. Dungeons and areas that actually need a tank, healer and cc. If just those four things changed.. my career might go to shit. lol

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I dont know why I bother to come back, the community in this game is just god awful. "You're in my grinding spot!" *ganks you while wearing a ghille suit*. Crystals break, you lose exp. No thanks ;\ (Plus the whole equipment upgrade system is bad). You pretty much lose control of your character from full to dead.

1. I won't kill you immediately if you roll up and start working or cutting into my rotation. I'll give you some time to realise someone else is here. If you continue to fuck up my shit, then I'll kill you, assuming it's within my ability. It's just simple maths, there's no reason for me to share, and you're just slowing me down. Fuck off and find your own spot. No, I won't group with you. If you're the big dick swinging into town, I'll move spots or change channels, not a biggie. Do the same.

2. You haven't lost XP on a PK for ages, about 2 months into the games life they removed it. You don't lose crystals for dying in PvP either. You will lose XP and crystals if a mob last hits you though.

3. The equipment system is fine when you understand the rules and game said system with smart applications of fail stacking KNOWING shit will go bad and using it to your advantage.

4. Well, that's PvP in any game. You get CC'd, and if you don't have the defence, you get fucked.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Something funny happened to me the other day.

I was attacked while grinding, guy was stronger than me so I ran away...I managed to reach the road and he was still chasing me.

As he attacked me, someone was riding by on their horse, and he killed me, but the horse also died in the AOE madness. He didn't kill the other player though. He said he was sorry about the horse.

The other guy was more upset about his horse dying than I was about dying. :)