Black Desert

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Why in the hell have they not put together some sort of raid system. God this game would be so damn great with a few tweaks here and there. Still an amazing game though I am really enjoying the return.
They've added the desert dungeons which are hard group content unless you are full tet+. Next expansion is going to have more group and multigroup content, but it will never be instanced "raids"
I dont know why I bother to come back, the community in this game is just god awful. "You're in my grinding spot!" *ganks you while wearing a ghille suit*. Crystals break, you lose exp. No thanks ;\ (Plus the whole equipment upgrade system is bad)

I wouldn't mind if the pvp wasn't too shabby, but it is. You pretty much lose control of your character from full to dead, and due to desync issues half the time you don't even know why you're stunned, and you just warp back to where the server *thinks* you were
You only lose exp/crystals from PVP if you are negative karma, ie if you've killed a lot of players yourself recently. At launch you lost exp for pvp deaths but they got rid of that like first or 2nd month, before the first expansion.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
They've added the desert dungeons which are hard group content unless you are full tet+. Next expansion is going to have more group and multigroup content, but it will never be instanced "raids"

You only lose exp/crystals from PVP if you are negative karma, ie if you've killed a lot of players yourself recently. At launch you lost exp for pvp deaths but they got rid of that like first or 2nd month, before the first expansion.

Ahh did not know that. I had just come back after quitting the first month it was out.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
My zerker is 51 and 99 ap/178 dp. I can probably handle Helms for the 51-53 grind, yeah? Wanna make good use of the 1hr 100% exp daily buff and try to at least get up to 53 this weekend.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
zerkers are tough but slow, you won't die, but you won't see grinding efficiency like a wizard/ranger/musa/etc will. should be fine at helms but if it's too slow for you try iron mine. avoid the actual pit, The north end across the road from the node has several groups of very dense iron dudes to kill, you'll see them fighting rows and rows of training dummies.

try and get more AP for grinding. Even if you are going full DP for PVP, for grinding you want more AP. Can use shit like jarrett's set, you wanna maximize AP for kill speed. Find a good rotation that matches your clear speed, which is based on your AP. Also try and join groups as much as possible. Zerker is one of the rare classes that gains more exp grouped than solo.

If you're gonna solo though, thing about zerkers is you don't clear as fast as other classes, so you need a smaller "grind spot" than most. Combined that with Zerkers being shitty grab fests to fight against and you rarely get bothered by other players. Even in really good grind areas for money/loot/exp (sausans, pirates, fogans, etc), nobody really wants to fight you for your spot since your "spot" doesn't have enough mobs for them and while they may eventually be able to kill you, it's a fucking hassle and a half. most won't bother you.

The reverse is also true though, you'll never be able to outclear a wizard and contest the main spots from him, so don't bother. and unless you are full 200+ AP you'll never kill them either, all you can do is annoy the fuck out of them and make their exp grind inefficient by grabbing him and throwing him off cliffs and shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
hrm, i expect i wont be able to raise my AP without sinking a bunch of silver. I've got +15 grunil x4, +15 yuria axe, +9 saiyer knot, then baseline x2 Mesto earring (4ap/1acc per), blue coral ring (5ap/+25 resource), red coral ring (4ap/3dp/50stam), shultz belt (3ap/50stam/60weight), and Scarla neck (5ap/5dp). I'm guessing the AP from set bonus on grunil doesnt show on paperdoll?

any tips on non-crazy expensive ways to raise AP beyond what I have?

i have zero interest in pvp and just want to do pve stuff casually

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
hrm, i expect i wont be able to raise my AP without sinking a bunch of silver. I've got +15 grunil x4, +15 yuria axe, +9 saiyer knot, then baseline x2 Mesto earring (4ap/1acc per), blue coral ring (5ap/+25 resource), red coral ring (4ap/3dp/50stam), shultz belt (3ap/50stam/60weight), and Scarla neck (5ap/5dp). I'm guessing the AP from set bonus on grunil doesnt show on paperdoll?

any tips on non-crazy expensive ways to raise AP beyond what I have?

i have zero interest in pvp and just want to do pve stuff casually

Yeah the Grunil set bonus AP does not show up in the stat sheet but it is indeed there. Only thing I would suggest it upgrading your Saiyer knot (or buy it) as that will give you more AP and you will probably be using that for quite awhile so it's not throw away. As Sylas and I mentioned, you will eventually get a full Jarettes set which will give you probably 15 more AP when it's all said and done with the set bonus they give. If you are PvE only from my experiences and what I read, this is like Diablo 3 to maximize damage. Sure DP is important, but definitely secondary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

any tips on non-crazy expensive ways to raise AP beyond what I have? i have zero interest in pvp and just want to do pve stuff casually

Off-hand at +15 will be a big deal (Saiyer sucks for AP, the accuracy is nice), but getting Duo (+17) on your mainhand will be a bigger step up in damage. Getting the Yuria to Ultimate will help even further.

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade your gear cheaply from what you've got now. It's time to start Pri/Duo acccessories and with that comes risk. Hunting down an Ogre ring, or making a Tri Bares necklace and upgrading from Yuria to Liverto or Kzarka will be your next steps to increase AP.

If you have access to the Olvia channels, and want to get some xp kinda fast, hit me up. I'm still on Olvia for a few more days leveling my warrior Sabbat_Eternal.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Off-hand at +15 will be a big deal (Saiyer sucks for AP, the accuracy is nice), but getting Duo (+17) on your mainhand will be a bigger step up in damage. Getting the Yuria to Ultimate will help even further.

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade your gear cheaply from what you've got now. It's time to start Pri/Duo acccessories and with that comes risk. Hunting down an Ogre ring, or making a Tri Bares necklace and upgrading from Yuria to Liverto or Kzarka will be your next steps to increase AP.

If you have access to the Olvia channels, and want to get some xp kinda fast, hit me up. I'm still on Olvia for a few more days leveling my warrior Sabbat_Eternal.

This is all great advice, the only thing I would differ on is working on upgrading your axes. I mentioned before that once you get Awoken with the hand canon, you will literally only swap to axes occasionally for a grab, and since you are PvE focused like me, will grab even less. Save all your silver for a PRI/DUO (or if you can afford) TRI Rough Iron Buster (it's green). The great thing about this is that you can buy off the vendor in Altinova for durability repairs if you decide to go down the enhance route. That will easily suffice until you get your Dandelion (if you decide you are masochistic enough) and will most likely last you until you get burnt out of the game and quit in a couple/few months.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Main hand AP grants half of that AP to your Awakened weapon.. but doesn't show it on sheet. You WILL hit harder with an upgraded main hand. Yuria has a nice hidden +Human damage which carries across to the Awakened as well. If you get a Kzarka, then you have an extra crystal slot, and a ton of additional accuracy -- which again carries over to your Awakened weapon. Upgrading your primary to PRI-DUO is always a good idea.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'll say it again, main hand applies to awakening. Some classes at the release of their awakenings didn't have that bonus but was quickly rectified.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a grey stat. I read the same shit you did and results vary from no increase, to 30% to 43%, only + damage to modifiers, it's only the accuracy portion. My point was simply to focus your money more on your awakening weapon. Even if theoretically, if you can get 30% increase which equates to a 4 AP increase. Is that worth 150M? Maybe, but that's only a call you can make.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Where's this 150 million figure come from? Seems like it's pulled completely from your arse considering a TRI Ultimate Yuria is worth 150 million from the marketplace.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I should have at least ~3 weeks left of Olvia; will add you on friends.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, horse deaths bar that horse from racing and it also forces horse breeders to level the horse more to offset the penalty to breeding. It's not insignificant and the only way to reset it is a cash shop item.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Pvp deaths don't impact horse breeding unless they changed that at some point (doubtful), might stop the horse from being raceable tho.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
54 on my zerker. Shit slowed down hard. I tried Sausans but I don't seem to be geared enough to solo efficiently. Looks like it will be Helms grinding to 56 -_-

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Tank classes have shit offhands for AP btw. Saiyer is the Accuracy OH which is ok, Oros or Krea is the best AP offhand you can get til Nouver/Kutum. My advice is to save all the sharps/hards and blackstones from this event and then get your mainhand/offhand to DUO, and awakening to DUO once you get it at 56.

for pure PVE then you can ignore DP basically. You'll get enough from Armor. Focus on AP, or AP/hp gear. HPs and your DR is what makes you "tanky" and you get tons of extra HP for being a zerker. Also undertaker dmg scales off of HP too so having more hp means you deal more dmg from grabs (from undertaker).

Accessories that gives ap/dp are a waste because the DP is evasion DP not Damage Resistance DP, and zerkers have the worst evasion scaling in the game. Basically you are a huge target you aren't going to dodge shit. Try and avoid Armors and offhands that focus on Evasion because that DP isn't nearly as effective for you as the agile hop around classes.

edit: At 54 i'd go to elrics tbh. Avoid the actual monastery, the hill to the south of it has huge packs of mobs for solo or group grinding. maybe avoid the swamp monster things, they'll leash back if you outrun them, just slaughter all the smaller mobs and move on. There's tons of the smaller mobs to kill you'll never run out.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
All the +'s to Sabbat Sabbat for letting me leech on Valencia stuff I barely could damage :p

Some solid grinding there and I am very close to 56!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
How is the Valencia content as far as PvP goes? Can you raid people's transport wagons and is there a rogue town? It's hard to get answers on what exactly is in the NA version.