Black Desert

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
This is all great advice, the only thing I would differ on is working on upgrading your axes. I mentioned before that once you get Awoken with the hand canon, you will literally only swap to axes occasionally for a grab, and since you are PvE focused like me, will grab even less. Save all your silver for a PRI/DUO (or if you can afford) TRI Rough Iron Buster (it's green). The great thing about this is that you can buy off the vendor in Altinova for durability repairs if you decide to go down the enhance route. That will easily suffice until you get your Dandelion (if you decide you are masochistic enough) and will most likely last you until you get burnt out of the game and quit in a couple/few months.
So you advise trying to buy a rough iron buster and upgrading that instead of the blue one you get from the awakening quest?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So you advise trying to buy a rough iron buster and upgrading that instead of the blue one you get from the awakening quest?

He would, and I wouldn't. With a tiny pearl investment and access to about 5-6 blue cannons you can get a TRI, which once you're done with it, will sell for 250mil+ which will be more than you paid to enchant it -- including the repairs. You'd be throwing away massive amounts of cash on fail stacks to enchant the green with a much worse return when it comes time to upgrade to a blue/dande.

This obviously only applies if you plan to enchant, or have the liquid funds to buy out a Blue at pri or above.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
He would, and I wouldn't. With a tiny pearl investment and access to about 5-6 blue cannons you can get a TRI, which once you're done with it, will sell for 250mil+ which will be more than you paid to enchant it -- including the repairs. You'd be throwing away massive amounts of cash on fail stacks to enchant the green with a much worse return when it comes time to upgrade to a blue/dande.

This obviously only applies if you plan to enchant, or have the liquid funds to buy out a Blue at pri or above.

Yep. Don't agree with this at all. Buy a TRI Green Iron Buster for 140M or upgrade a PRI/DUO which will last you to Dandi. Simple. Only thing I would ever pearl shop are pets to pick up shit.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
So they changed it so guilds are protected from Guild Wars, until they themselves declare war on another guild. So you can join "safe" guilds which can't be wardec'd. The only pvp then is people randomly flagging on you.

I'm in a small guild. So that means someone who isn't in a guild has to actively decide to attack me? Or can another guild member declare pvp only one?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
guilds that have never wardec'd cannot be wardec'd. That means the only time you can pvp'd is if someone flags on you.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I knew about the flagging to pvp. Doesn't seem to happen as much as it did when I played at launch. I wanna find a guild just for the perks pretty much.

Got my wiz up to 55, push to 56 tomorrow and/or sunday. Such a fun class.

Silver is also fairly easy to make; I bought a duo blue Iron Buster for my zerk at 56 which wiped out like 90% of my silver; less than a week later and I am almost at enough to buy a duo blue for my wiz when he hits 56.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I knew about the flagging to pvp. Doesn't seem to happen as much as it did when I played at launch. I wanna find a guild just for the perks pretty much.

guilds that have never wardec'd cannot be wardec'd. That means the only time you can pvp'd is if someone flags on you.

One day tho a game will come out as hardcore pvp and not give in to the carebears after 3 weeks... maybe... when i'm too old to play video games any more =(.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
One day tho a game will come out as hardcore pvp and not give in to the carebears after 3 weeks... maybe... when i'm too old to play video games any more =(.

Because MMO PvP always does so well. Go check out Shadowbane, or some of the PvP only EQ2 servers! Wait all those died because of how hardcore pvpers act.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got my wiz to 56 and looking for input on a path for my next gear upgrades. Currently at +15 4pc grunil (green), +15 yuria staff (blue), +15 steel dagger (green), Duo awakened weap (yellow), and the Jarette's set since it gives 42 ap with the set bonus. I was thinking of replacing Jarette's set with Tungrade ear x2, Ring of Crescent Guardian x2, Serap's necklace, and a Tree spirit belt but that would still be less AP than the jarette's set without any enhancements.

There a better path to take? I think I'm at the point where it will cost a LOT of silver to get real AP gains now; would it be a terrible idea to look for something like a Duo ultimate yuria staff first?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Because MMO PvP always does so well. Go check out Shadowbane, or some of the PvP only EQ2 servers! Wait all those died because of how hardcore pvpers act.

Yeah because hardcore pvpers are the only people who act like retards on the internet... I never played shadowbane and I don't think eq2 was designed to be a pvp game. No game that was catered to a crowd besides hardcore pvpers has ever died in the history of MMOs. oh, wait...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Making things ultimate yourself is hella cheap. Also getting things to duo level are also cheap. Get some workers at altinova on the plat/rough crystal nodes, make or buy the other mats, and start farming/gathering for sharp/hards or market place some.

Upgrade your gear to duo at least, then ultimate it. AP gains are mainly from mh/oh, so you'll need sharps.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Got my wiz to 56 and looking for input on a path for my next gear upgrades. Currently at +15 4pc grunil (green), +15 yuria staff (blue), +15 steel dagger (green), Duo awakened weap (yellow), and the Jarette's set since it gives 42 ap with the set bonus. I was thinking of replacing Jarette's set with Tungrade ear x2, Ring of Crescent Guardian x2, Serap's necklace, and a Tree spirit belt but that would still be less AP than the jarette's set without any enhancements.

There a better path to take? I think I'm at the point where it will cost a LOT of silver to get real AP gains now; would it be a terrible idea to look for something like a Duo ultimate yuria staff first?

Your upgrade path is pretty much all over the place. Tungrade Earrings are the highest AP earrings in the game and cost a fucking fortune. Pretty much the last thing you ever want to get. While you would imagine there's a simplified path to upgrades, it's a matter of personal preference, play time and how much (if at all) you want to throw at the game in real dollars.

You could upgrade all your Grunil to Ultimate and TRI it, same with the Steel Dagger, and Staff. This isn't a bad idea at all, since all of this shit can be resold to make way for bigger upgrades down the line. Full TRI Grunil is about 255 DP and suitable for pretty much everything the game has to throw at you, and prevent most plebs from blowing you up in a single combo.

Obviously, all of that shit should be changed to Boss armour and weapons at some point. Kzarka staff, Dande awakening, Kutum/Nouver Dagger are all massive upgrades in actual power, not so much on the sheet (besides Nouver). Bheg's gloves (while not necessary for wizard), and Muskan's Shoes are maaaaaasssssive upgrades to actual character power and should be the first 2 boss pieces you get.

The hard part of upgrading your gear is accessories. These really make or break your builds. Witches Earrings and Marks of Shadow at PRI-DUO are great until you can get your hands on better shit, but the Witches are probably your best bang for buck until you hit TRI. Necklaces are difficult, a Serap is 8 AP, and about 40mil. Ogre is 10 AP, and 95mil. a TRI Bares necklace is 10 AP and 2.2mil. I'm using an Ogre Ring at the moment, and the moment I get another one I'll go for a PRI attempt because I have a back up TRI Bares, if I blow up the Ogre rings... and that's the hard part about the accessory grind, it's the massive set back of cash if enchanting goes bad, and it will at some point. Sure, you can save up the raw silver to just outright by a TRI Ogre ring if one ever goes up on the AH, but that's going to sell for billions, and I know people that have 5+ billion on them as pre-orders.

If this shit confuses you, that's normal. The path to upgrades is a crazy process of risk vs. reward and min-maxing what you DO have vs. what you CAN get divided by your current kill speed and cash per hour.

Yeah because hardcore pvpers are the only people who act like retards on the internet... I never played shadowbane and I don't think eq2 was designed to be a pvp game. No game that was catered to a crowd besides hardcore pvpers has ever died in the history of MMOs. oh, wait...

Any chance you can keep this shit out of the thread, either make a MMO PvP thread or shut the fuck up. Thread would be better so I can school you.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Logged in today. Fucking 143 pages of mail to go through :p And the top one for some reason has 100m for me from "Fame Home Fund".

Pretty overwhelming back into it since a year. Have to remember how everything was(had workers for stones, cooking etc). Hopefully cooking is still a good source of income, as that was my main profession(I want to try alchemy for stones too).

Nice the Ultimate upgrade for armo is 100% now with grade 4 stones, I happen to have 48 grade 3s in my storage and just had to buy 4 crystals for 1.5m each.

I wanted to try Dark night, but sucks having to buy inv/weight , do the str/health/breath training and life skills again, Probably just stick with valk and hope for buffs.

Think i should open a liverto bundle(no clue why I have one sitting in storage, probably from killing bosses and I don't really do alts) on Darknight though day 1 and just sell the weapon?

Crazy how far prices have gone up, though expected as silver gets easier to gain. Ogre necks were like 30-35m, now almost 100. Marks/witches were around 5m now close to 10 etc.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
item stuff

more item stuff

I guess I just need to look into upgrading and enchanting the gear I have myself. Any good/clear guides on this? Ideally not spending any pearls (unless it really does make it incredibly easier).

Logged in today. Fucking 143 pages of mail to go through :p And the top one for some reason has 100m for me from "Fame Home Fund".

Pretty overwhelming back into it since a year. Have to remember how everything was(had workers for stones, cooking etc). Hopefully cooking is still a good source of income, as that was my main profession(I want to try alchemy for stones too).

Nice the Ultimate upgrade for armo is 100% now with grade 4 stones, I happen to have 48 grade 3s in my storage and just had to buy 4 crystals for 1.5m each.

I wanted to try Dark night, but sucks having to buy inv/weight , do the str/health/breath training and life skills again, Probably just stick with valk and hope for buffs.

Think i should open a liverto bundle(no clue why I have one sitting in storage, probably from killing bosses and I don't really do alts) on Darknight though day 1 and just sell the weapon?

Crazy how far prices have gone up, though expected as silver gets easier to gain. Ogre necks were like 30-35m, now almost 100. Marks/witches were around 5m now close to 10 etc.

I know these feels. the Fame thing is a daily chunk of cash you get depending on your fame level (found on your info sheet). It adds up over time if you don't log in each day, which is why you have a big fund in the mail.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
here's an outdated but decent guide on the basic concepts of failstacking:
i'm sure there's better youtube videos out there that are more up to date, if you wanna look around for one. That one is short and sweet and to the point on the basics. just ignore the shit about reblath, don't use that.

and here's the old chart from KR, it shows you how failstacks affect each level of enchant, for green gear. The actual numbers for blue/yellow gear are slightly worse. But this is a good baseline:
rigin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net%2Fforum%2Fservice_live%2Fmonthly_03_2016%2Fbdo_fail_stacks.png

keep in mind, 16-20 means PRI through PEN, ie 16=PRI, 17=DUO, 18=TRI, 19=TET, 20=PEN.

There are 2 costs when it comes to enchanting, the cost per attempt (or really, cost per fail stack), and the durability repair cost. Durability is where pearls/"p2w" comes in to play, but i'll explain cost per attempt first, the cost of failstacks:

enchanting is about building up the most cost effective failstacks, for whatever you ultimately want to enchant. The more failstacks you have, the higher your chance of succeeding, so keep in mind, when you are trying to build failstacks, "accidentally" succeeding consumes all your failstacks, and you may be left with an enchanted item you didn't want.

Let's use an example, a +15 green yuria staff is what you ultimately want to enchant.

First you want to get this to PRI (+16), looking at the chart, you have a base 15% success rate, each fail stack adds 1.5% to the chance of success, and your maximum effective fail stacks is 25, which gives you a 52.5% chance of succeeding.

Straight away, 25 FS is too much for PRI, those FS cost more than the attempts, you should be good at 15 Fail stacks (15% base + 15x1.5% = 37.5% chance of success)

So lets start at 0 failstacks. the video suggests reblath or militia gear, ignore this. The cheapest failstacks for 0-5 are generic green jewelry (like yuria belt, hesus necklace, bares ring, etc etc). you can buy these for 30k per on the marketplace. You combine 2 like items (so 60k per attempt), if it fails, you get +1 failstack. if it succeeds you get a PRI whatever, bares ring in this example. The reason you stop at around 5 Failstacks is you are very likely to succeed after that point, wasting all your failstacks. again looking at the chart, PRI green jewelry is the same as a PRI green yuria staff, and 5 FS = 22.5% chance of succeeding. Sure you can keep going for +6 or +7 failstacks on cheap jewelry, but you'll end up eating all your FS more often than not.

Make sure before you start, that you have the other items to build FS on. if you don't have anything to build 6-15 on, then you'll end up wasting these 5 FS you made building up 6-15. The video lists some good items to have already enchanted to certain levels to build failstacks on, such as horse gear and midrange items (like +13 weapons, armor, etc)

So from 6-15 it suggests +7 horse gear, which is decent enough. you can really use anything that has a low chance of success. +9 mount gear, +14 armor and weapons are your sweet ticket items, you can reliably build lots of small FSs using those (up to around +15-18 or so).

Personally I only enchant things that either A: will sell (like Grunil Armor), or B: I can use, or use on an alt. That way, when you accidentally end up +15ing it, you can still recoop some of the costs which went in to making it. You can also go to a blacksmith and extract some of your blackstones back out of it (waste of money on expensive items), or put the gear on a Negative karma alt and die a bunch to mobs/guards, since there is a chance that the gear will delevel due to the PKer penalty (ie from +15 back to +14).

Personally I suggest, if you can afford it, use horse/wagon/boat gear until you have a full set of +10 horse/wagon/boat gear for yourself to use. it's more expensive to repair, but you are building things you are gonna use personally anyway. After that, I suggest using things like Grunil (especially if you make your own armor with workers) because you can always sell that stuff on the marketplace. If you are desperate you can use stuff like Azwell Weapons, since they are like 20k each (for repairing durability), so you don't lose much when extract the stones back out (or if you have a negative karma alt, you can always delevel it back to +14 and keep building FS on it)

to recap:
You spent 60k per FS up to +5 with cheap jewelry: 300k total.
You spent 200k per FS (cost of armor black stone) from +6 to +15 on, say grunil armor. 2mil total

So the cost of your 15 failstack is 2.3mil. At 15 Failstacks, you now have a reasonable chance of upgrading your +15 Yuria staff to PRI. Now you will spend 4mil per attempt (cost of sharp stone and 2x weapon black stones for a concentrated black stone)

If you fail PRI, you will gain 2 FS (17 total), will have to spend another 4mil on another attempt, with a slightly higher chance of success (40.5% at 17 FS)
If you succeed, you will have 0 FS and a PRI Staff.

Once you are at PRI, you will need to look at the chart and see what the chances are for DUO. You can enchant armor/weapons up to DUO with no risk of deleveling the item. After that point, enchanting becomes very annoying/costsly, because if you fail to go to TRI, your item delevels back to PRI and you start over again. TRIs become DUOs going for TET, TETs become TRIs going for PEN. And you can see the chances of succeeding get lower and lower, and the cost for failure gets higher and higher.

You can push your luck and try to build 20-25 failstacks on cheap green items like weapons/armor/mount gear. But as you can see from the above, beyond this point, failstacks start to become very expensive. You are spending 2mil per attempt on armor and 4 mil per attempt on weapons. But to build up 30+ failstacks for things like TRI or higher, thats what you have to do.

Now to other half of enchanting, which is durability repair.

keep in mind, accessories like in the example above, don't lose durability, they just straight up break. You lose both items if the enchant fails. This doesn't matter so much when smashing cheap jewelry together for FSs, since they are like 30k each. But when you are talking about enchanting expensive accessories, you will want failstacks, because you don't want to fail. Losing a DUO witch earring PLUS a normal witch earring when you fail to TRI your witches earring, sets you back more than 120 million. More expensive accessories are even worse. There are CRON stones, but i won't get in to that for now.

For the gear you were enchanting to build failstacks, up to +15, you lose 5 durability for every failure. You have to repair this durability to continue enchanting with the item.

Items you can feed in to other like items to repair 10 durability, or 2 enchant attempts. Even if you are repairing a blue or yellow version of something, you can still use the green base item for repair, so don't let that part fool you. So for say, a +14 Grunil helmet you used to build FS on earlier, once you run out of durability (20 or less), you have to feed it 8 more Grunil Helms (250k each, or 2mil total) to get it's durability back up to 100. 100 durability lets you fail 16 times, ie 16 FS costs you 2mil in durability repair. This is why it's beneficial to build your own armor with workers to failstack on. It's just opportunity cost and some of your time spent lifeskilling, it doesn't actually cost you any money out of pocket.

After +15, each attempt costs you 10 Durability, instead of 5. PRI fails give you 2 fs, DUO gives 3, TRI gives you 4, etc.

Now this is all well in good when talking about green gear. But for more expensive gear, like boss armor/weapons, etc, you can't really use items to repair items. Kzarka Staff costs you 100mil, you wouldn't spend 100mil to repair 10 durability, even if they were so abundant on the marketplace you could buy them at will, which you can't. For this you use Memory fragments instead.

Memory Fragments costs approx 750k each, you can get them from running relics/cartians/pila fe scrolls, and they are used in lieu of a like item, to repair items. They repair:

10 durability for white
5 durability for green
2 Durability for Blue
1 Durability for Yellow

And this is where Pearls come in to play. There is an item called artisan memory, you can buy for 400 loyalty or 50 pearls (40 if you buy in bulk). This item triples the effectiveness of repairs. So if you use it with a Memory Fragment, you can repair 3 durability instead of 1 on a piece of yellow boss gear. So you can see, repairing a Kzarka weapon, spending 40 cents on a artisan memory saves you 1.5mil in the cost of memory fragments.

Where this becomes particular effective, is for blue gear like Livertos or awakening weapons. if you want to repair your awakening weapon, it will cost you 750k per 2 durability using memory fragments (375k per Durability), or 6mil (cost of base blue item) per 10 durability using another awakening weapon to repair (600k per durability). Remember: Artisan Memory triples these.

So you have the following options:

spend 5 Artisan Memories (200 pearls, $2), 5 Memory Fragments (3.75mil) and repair 30 durability, at the rate of 125k per durability
spend 1 Artisan Memory (40 pearls, $0.40), 1 Blue item (6mil), and repair 30 durability, at the rate of 200k per durability
spend 0 RL money, 15 memory fragments (11.25mil), and repair 30 durability, at the rate of 375k per durability
spend 0 RL money, 3 awakened weapons (18mil), and repair 30 durability, at the rate of 600k per durability

So if whipping out your credit card doesn't disgust you entirely, you can spend a few bucks here and there and get real gains when it comes to repair cost. You can even do so on a budget if you use a blue item instead of a bunch of memory fragments, since it's not a huge difference in cost effectiveness RL vs in game currency.

All of that being said, and it's a fucking wall of text. You can just ignore enchanting entirely by straight up buying the gear you want from the AH. TRI is a good level to aim for. It's not so ungodly rare that it'll never get posted (like PEN Ogre rings or what have you) and each piece will only set you back 300-500mil, vs 3-4 Billion.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I'll watch the video too to get a good grasp. Initial reaction is: I'm way too casual a player to deal with that bullshit. I'll just slowly save up money and upgrade to TRI one piece of gear at a time or something. Once that's done, I'll aim for PRI or DUO accessories.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I'll watch the video too to get a good grasp. Initial reaction is: I'm way too casual a player to deal with that bullshit. I'll just slowly save up money and upgrade to TRI one piece of gear at a time or something. Once that's done, I'll aim for PRI or DUO accessories.

I feel with this mindset you extended the life of playing the game probably 3-fold as a casual, i'd even argue semi-hardcore. This game has so many great things going for it except for the absolutely retarded RNG in this game, adds no meaningful challenge, value and most importantly fun.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dark Knight playable today.

Events running for it:

1. Dark Knight’s Seal Event!

Players can engage in a variety of activities to begin collecting Dark Knight’s Seals, which can be turned into one of two prizes aimed at helping players get started on their new class.

• Start: Mar. 1st, 2017

• End: Mar. 29th, 2017 (With Maintenance)

• Event Requirements: Participate in one of the following activities to have a chance to earn Dark Knight’s Seals: Kill monsters, Perform gathering, or Go fishing. Players can then trade these seals in for one of two rewards.

• Additional Details: These seals will be removed from player’s inventories during maintenance on April 5th, 2017.

• Rewards:
    • 15 Seals for 1 Black Stone (Weapon)

• 10 Seals for 1 Black Stone (Armor)

2. Dark Knight’s Release EXP Event!

Players can enjoy increased combat experience to commemorate the release of the Dark Knight class.

• End: Mar. 8th, 2017 (With Maintenance)

• Event Details: Enjoy an increase of 20% combat experience during weekdays and 100% during the weekends with the release of the Dark Knight class!

3. One Year Anniversary Field Boss Event!

Join us in the celebration of Black Desert Online’s first anniversary!

• Start: Mar. 3rd, 2017

• End: Mar. 3rd, 2017
Event Details: To kick off our first anniversary in style we’ll be spawning special event Field Bosses! All players who hit the boss at least once will receive the [Event] Field Boss Reward Bundle. We’d like to allow everyone to participate, and as such there is no death penalty should you fall during battle from the boss fight.

• [Event] Field Boss Reward Bundle
4. One Year Anniversary Present!

Join us in the celebration of Black Desert Online’s first anniversary!

• End: Mar. 8th, 2017 (With Maintenance)

• Important Information: Any unclaimed One Year Anniversary Event prize in the mail will be removed with the maintenance on March 8th, 2017.
5. Discount Coupon Giveaway!

We’d like to introduce a new event, and this comes in the form of a Coupon Giveaway where Loyal Players can enjoy limited time coupon(s)! See more detailed information below:

vFS3Xxm.jpg

[Loyal Players]

• End: Mar. 12th, 2017 - 0:00 UTC (Midnight)

Event Details: Loyal players will receive a single 20% Discount Coupon (x1) via the in-game Coupon Book in the Pearl Shop. This item can be applied to every Pearl Shop category except Pearl Boxes and Loyalty items.
WZFlEZf.png

6. New and Returning Players [Attendance Rewards Adjusted]

The attendance rewards for New and Returning players have been adjusted and the duration has been extended.

• End: Jun. 7th, 2017 (With Maintenance)

Event Details: In celebration of our one year anniversary of Black Desert Online, players will receive a special furniture item to showcase in their house via the in-game mail system!
100% exp on weekends. That + daily buff + Olvia = exp extravaganza.

The field boss one has a list with times/channels to participate. Only on the 3rd unfortunately, gonna miss that one due to work.

Other than the exp one, kinda shitty overall.