Black Desert

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wizard awakening is awesome and feels quite powerful. However, having every damn skill INCLUDING the pet summons set to something + F is annoying as fuck. I constantly summon the pet I don't want to use (water) cause of the combos triggering it. Is there any way to unbind skills? I want pet summons off F.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Wizard awakening is awesome and feels quite powerful. However, having every damn skill INCLUDING the pet summons set to something + F is annoying as fuck. I constantly summon the pet I don't want to use (water) cause of the combos triggering it. Is there any way to unbind skills? I want pet summons off F.

You can 'lock' a skill through the skill tree (hotkey K). Mouseover the skill icon and click the padlock symbol. This will prevent the skill from being used through keyboard input... you have to register 'locked' skills to a quickslot and use them through the hotbar slot. So you could put the pet summon on a hotkey and cycle through them with a number key or whatever you like.

I'm not certain it will work for what you want, but it's worth a shot. I use it occasionally for my Pulverize skill on my warrior so that I don't waste the skill when using Reckless Blow but I've been experimenting with a different cancel that seems to work (I really prefer to use the keyboard combo inputs as opposed to setting up a hotkey)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
On that note does anyone know the actual penalty numbers for using a skill off hotkey and not the "proper" key combination?

My very very unscientific test revealed an apparent one point difference when using the ninja log ability off a hotkey instead of the normal combo.

Seems pretty silly to penalize someone for not using your button assignments especially when a good bit of their mappings are not very intuitive.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was thinking back to what was really my driving force for quitting this game. I know the gear was - but have they loosened up on hidden stats at all? I.e. luck? I still feel as though some characters have an innately high luck advantage over some others. I could tell a difference in drops just from the underwear I bought. At least I "thought" I could. There were/are more hidden stats but i can't remember them right now. I just know shit never dropped for my warrior, but my gd ranger had loot fall from the sky.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
The quickslot penalizes the resource cost for the skill, iirc. So using a hotkey for a skill that has a kb input combo but also says in the description 'Quick slot available' or 'Can be used with Quick slot' costs more mana/WP/SP whatever. It's REALLY negligible tho, and doesn't seem to apply on everything.

I just did some testing to see if I could figure it out for you and on my warrior using Ground Roar there was no difference between using a hotkey or kb input. On my ranger lifeskill alt, Will of the Wind II cost 45 mana for Shift+Q and 50 mana for hotkey. On my wizard, the pet summon cost 100 mana regardless, but the awakening meteor cost 210 for hotkey and 200 for Down+F. So it seems to be like 5-10% of mana cost. However I don't think you can cancel the animation of other skills with a hotkeyed skill, and I know for sure you can't use some of the Ultimate ranks of skills (which are often the cancels you want) with a hotkey - which doesn't matter much in PVE but can make a huge difference in PVP. Certain classes rely pretty heavily on animation cancels and flow skills to perform well.

I was thinking back to what was really my driving force for quitting this game. I know the gear was - but have they loosened up on hidden stats at all? I.e. luck?

They have not loosened up on hidden stats. There has been some datamined info released recently about how AP/DP actually affects your character (basically plays out as AP is a combination of damage + accuracy and DP is a combination of damage reduction + evasion - and different items have different ratios of those sub stats) but much of the actual information relating to combat is still very much hidden, and there are some things that are handled server side and can't be datamined apparently.

Luck is displayed on your character sheet and caps at 5, which you can get pretty easily with the underwear and title benefits. If you mean individual character RNG then I have no idea. Some people claim that certain characters are luckier than others but I don't really buy it. I failstack across multiple characters and I haven't observed anything abnormal. I've failed TRIs at 63 failstacks and upgraded TRIs at 21 failstacks, I've gotten +14-+15 without any failstacks and failed my Kzarka +15 over 90 times at 25-45fs range before I got fed up and just forced it. It really is just RNG when it comes to upgrading.

For loot, you can use a kamasylve blessing and I think some buff scrolls to increase item drop rate chance but who knows if that means high value accessories, crystals, summon scroll drops or if it just means more trash loot. The same goes for knowledge rank on the mobs, and I believe it's been tested that node investment does not improve drop rates (or anything, really).

Boss loot is definitely tied to damage - it is possible to get a big ticket drop by hitting the boss once and AFKing, but you are much more likely to get boss loot by being in the top damage bracket. Most of my boss drops have been from going nuts on a boss late at night or early in the morning when there aren't 40+ people there, fully buffed and sticking to the boss' back with an assassination elixir with a clean rotation of my big damage skills. This may be why you saw more loot from your ranger, especially if you quit before awakenings were released. Pre-awakening warrior was absolute trash and probably the lowest damage output in the game whereas ranger was solidly in the top 3 and had the benefit of range to avoid many of the mechanics that prevent melee from constantly hitting the boss.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's definitely one of those games (i.e., korean game) that is annoying and aggravating as fuck if you try to dive into it hardcore. Play it casually, don't worry about shit like hidden stats or the enchanting system, and it's pretty fun.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love this game casually, it's my go to MMO when I have nothing to do.

I found that I hit a wall though at 56 after Mediah. I can mow through most of Mediah with my current gear, not as fast as some of the most hardcore obviously but I do well enough. Valencia I found is a major step up, and not a smooth progression from Mediah. It is vastly more difficult, and I hit a wall which was disappointing a bit.

I have more fun leveling new classes to 56 all the way in Mediah, than anything that comes after...which sucks because it's a lot of content that I'd like to see at some point.

• 1Like

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Valderen, try Bashims or nagas (north of Sand Grain Bazaar). Those are the two easiest Valencian mobtypes imo. They don't drop anything terribly cool, the Bashims drop an assortment of Rosar weapons and the nagas drop Rocaba gauntlets for an immediate 210k at the marketplace with value pack bonus. If the Bashims drop rosar Kriegmessers for the DK it might be good money right now. You can also just solo elrics/manes/rogues/helms/ancient ruins (maybe even try soldier's grave, that's a pretty good spot that people don't really go to)

Other than that you are unfortunately at the point in the game when your best options are still sausans/pirates until you get enough money to buy/upgrade gear and hit the Valencian camps. That's not the say Valencian camps are better - in fact, pirates and sausons are pretty much the best money grind around (until you get 220+ ap, and even then it's debatable) and pirates still provide solid xp into lvl 60. Valencian camps are mostly about high value accessories/crystals/scrolls and not shooting yourself in the head from boredom fighting the same goddamn mobtypes for months. The natural accuracy you get from lvl 57-58 vs. Valencian mobs will help a lot too.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I love this game casually, it's my go to MMO when I have nothing to do.

I found that I hit a wall though at 56 after Mediah. I can mow through most of Mediah with my current gear, not as fast as some of the most hardcore obviously but I do well enough. Valencia I found is a major step up, and not a smooth progression from Mediah. It is vastly more difficult, and I hit a wall which was disappointing a bit.

I have more fun leveling new classes to 56 all the way in Mediah, than anything that comes after...which sucks because it's a lot of content that I'd like to see at some point.

Kinda in the same boat. At least 150-something AP and 150 something DP on wiz with ult duo awakening. I can one shot most stuff up to Sausan levels but it's just so crowded there (and i only got like 4% exp when i had 360%is bonus exp overy 30min of constant killing). Need to try pirates but not sure how it works up there with no easy way to access bank etc? I could probably do Bashims...

If I didn't like questing and wasn't looking into starting lifeskills/trading I'd be semi bored by now

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to sell a DUO Liverto bow but the minimum price I can set it at is much higher than the lowest posted price. Why would minimum price go UP when they apparently aren't selling? I can see setting the floor but it shouldn't be moving up...and there is no way for me to recheck the lowest setting price unless I take it off and repost it (and leave my place in this long ass line of bow owners).

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Need to try pirates but not sure how it works up there with no easy way to access bank etc?

You'll want to get a fishing boat, undock it and stand on the boat, call your horse/donkey to the boat by clicking the horse icon below the XP bar and sail up to Kuit. When you get to pirates call your horse off the boat, hitch him somewhere safe and start killin shit. When you get full on bandanas, store them in the horse inventory and go back to grinding. When the bandana stack becomes too heavy to place more directly into the horse inv, take all of them out of the horse and then put the full stack back into the horse inventory. You can carry as many bandanas as you want on your horse that way, and this applies to all trash loot at any camp (as long as you're only storing one type of item). When you are ready to leave, call the horse back onto the boat and sail to the turn-in to the east of Kuit (Lema Island) and turn them in there. You can convert the silver to gold bars there as well.

Pirates also has a potion vendor, currency exchange, and blacksmith for repairs. You could sell the bandanas directly for silver and then convert it to bars if you'd like, but you lose a bit of silver doing that (over time adds up to a lot). The real problem arises when you are dealing with thousands of iron/silver/platinum coin trade items, which you wanna store on your boat. I have 3 boats at pirates, one for each coin type and then every so often carry them back to Velia. With a high enough trading skill you can massively increase your profit from Pirates by connecting the nodes to Mediah or Valencia and doing a big trade run.

Be aware that Pirates is a pvp hotspot, but as long as you don't poach a camped rotation you should be fine. There's a lot of rotations available, so take a look around and you'll probably find one open. I'd recommend staying away from the cliffside/jungle rotation near the east/southeast end of the island - that's the 'best' rotation and often held by stronger characters that will flag and kill you faster than it takes them to type 'spot taken pls leave.' Don't be afraid to ask to join a group at the main (center) rotation, it's pretty common to see groups there. Many of the other rotations are best done solo tho.

• 1Like

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying to sell a DUO Liverto bow but the minimum price I can set it at is much higher than the lowest posted price. Why would minimum price go UP when they apparently aren't selling?

Not 100% sure, this is just based off my own observations, but I believe the current price range accounts for the market value of the average upgrade materials required to get to that enchant level at the time of the listing. If those cheaper DUO livertos were listed when there was a blackstone/shard event, where the prices of the upgrade mats drop significantly, the minimum price would be lower even if they aren't selling.

DUOs are also much harder to sell in my experience - it's the last safe enchant so people will often just buy a PRI or a +15 for far cheaper and do it themselves or save a bit more for a TRI (DUO>TRI is the biggest AP bonus, it begins to scale down with TRI>TET and TET>PEN) without dealing with the RNG and possible failure.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad to see people settling back into this game. It really has a lot to offer, and I'm hoping a lot of it's features make their way into more main stream western releases.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
It's a great game imo, it's the only MMO that's held my attention for longer than 3 months since EQ/Vanilla WoW. There are many downsides to the game (no real endgame pve, grind starts to get real after lvl 58, pervasive RNG and gear deciding most 1v1/smallscale pvp encounters) but they've really built a fantastic, immersive world with interesting systems and it's actually fun to play. There isn't much tactical depth in the PVE combat but it's visceral and enjoyable.

I just wish they'd add some large, complex open world dungeons with a few rotations of difficult mobs and rare-spawn elites with mechanics that are about as challenging as the awakened boss scrolls and some kind of consistent progression reward (maybe tokens to turn in for high value accessories) to encourage more group play. Unfortunately PA is focusing on a console port, mobile game 'in the same world' and an engine overhaul now, so the fairly steady introduction of new content is probably going to dry up soon.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wow an engine overhaul? People complain about performance but I've always been impressed with this games engine. It's the best looking MMO by far and it runs great on my 770 which isn't exactly top of the line.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Yep, here's the press release: Silicon Studio GDC2017 Game engine Xenko to announce official release, Special co-promotion with MSI (Japan) and PearlAbyss Corp. (S. Korea) for YEBIS I'm not sure exactly what it will entail, it seems like it might just be a new post-processing effect. I may have been mistaken by saying 'overhaul.' I get pretty good performance too outside of node wars/world bosses with a 960. The game is definitely more reliant on your CPU than your card tho.

I'm more concerned with them possibly shifting focus to the console port or the mobile game (especially if they get a taste of that sweet sweet mobile microtransaction cash) and letting the PC game stagnate but it's all conjecture at this point. NA has Kamasylve coming soon and I believe they've added more to the Margoria continent in KR so we might get that soon too. You can also look at the fog of war in the world map and see that there's quite a bit of land still hidden on the original continent. I've heard Giant/Dwarf homeland might be the next region released, which would make sense if the datamined Monk class coming down the line turns out to be another giant. Also a mountainous/snowy arctic area would be logical if they are looking to continue to add diverse environments.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Man you're full of info. Data mined monk class? That's right down my alley...I would prefer it not to be a giant though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
awakened giant is already a monk. I mean it punches the shit out of things repeatedly until it dies. It also is a pro wrestler.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Here is the datamined skill list that people are assuming will be for a Monk style class: imgur.com/GsiP4KW

I am not sure how legit it is, and I suspect there's some translation errors or something because I can't see PA releasing a class that 'avoids enemy attack' on every single skill. It could be complete bullshit but the guy who posted it leaked the skill list for DK before the class was even announced. Hadoukens sound fun tho, and Black Spirit Illusion at the bottom of the list seems interesting, not sure how that will be used.

Last edited: