Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are 2 high lvl'd / geared out dungeons in Valencia, not sure if they have elites inside them though, but it is pointless to go in there without TRI boss gear, I think.

I think it is a bad design decision on PA's part to have Pirates be so so so good for so long, considering all the content that Valencia came with, the xp needs to be nerfed a lot once you're 57+. Funeral mentioned Soldier's Grave, and I have agree, it is a rarely farmed area that can be a lot of fun. The mobs are super aggro, and there are at least 2 spots where you can just stand still and have mobs come at you constantly (depending on how fast you kill). I spent a lot time there from 55-56, the mobs drop Yuria weapons, Talis armor and the Mesto earrings, so you can earn good money.

Over in Valencia though, you should be alright with 160-170AP / 220 DP, I ran through Crescent Shrine with that setup and did just fine (aside from big guys). There is a Waragon Nest near the Bashim area which is really nice XP at 56, and no one ever goes there since there isn't a special drop. but there elites and get trash drops which will sell for an ok amount, overall a great place to grind through 56.

If you go to Valencia city you can see a Giant Monk practicing the moves, one is like 7-Sided Strike for a Monk in D3. I'd prefer a Giant Monk over a Dwarf Gunner, I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I can't seem to find a recent answer to this question.

When should you ultimate your grunil? Duo or Tri?

One bit of possibly old info I read was that you can't ultimate after you make something Pri..so I don't know what's going on.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
you can ultimate it at anytime. Initially there was a bug that you couldn't ultimate it after +15.

There's no difference in ultimating it at DUO or TRI since you will use Grunil to Repair it, not mem frags. For Enchanting purposes it will enchant as a base item, ie a Green Item, and have decent success compared to boss armor.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Sabbat Sabbat was watching a random streamer level his DK and you popped up with a tri Muskans success. Grats :p
Haha, thanks man -- they almost broke me today. You wouldn't believe the shit I had to go through to get them to go TRI. Probably spent close to 200mil on them from PRI-TRI alone.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
in the same boat right now with this Nouver dagger, back to PRI at 10 durability and i'm out of sharps/frags.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I don't envy you guys playing this far more hardcore than me and dealing with enchanting :p

I don't get much active play time but I'm almost always doing something afk (leveling horses atm). It's a nice passive income for a casual; I bought a TRI ult steel dagger not too long ago and already am back up to over 100 mill. Going to go for a TRI Liverto staff next I think? It seems better than a Kzarka (and more readily available) since it doesn't seem like there is any real casting time after 56 for a Wiz. It will be a long time before I can afford the accessories that will replace my Jarette set since I would have to replace the whole thing at once for it to be worth it. After Staff I'll probably go for duo or tri Ult grunil set, then maybe better gems.

I've got 210ish contribution and 315ish energy that I need to put to use for more passive money, though. When I was playing at launch I had a worker setup to make Beer and rank 3 Reform stones. I've re-started my beer guys but I'm not sure what to get going for passive, low-effort income via workers/contribution. Any tips?

Malkav

French Madman
I must be dumb but is there a way to transfer the money from the House Fame Fund mail to storage easily? Right now I can't take more than 1 million from the mail (weight limit on new char), but it in the bank, rinse and repeat.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think if you do the Receive All button or whatever it takes the money and puts it in storage, pending you being in a town with storage. It explains it with a popup I think.

Also for anyone else casual/newish, I found the Youtuber Kyrandis to make some pretty good, short, and easy guides to a lot of different game systems.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I played briefly on release... if I come back to this, does anyone have some guide that would get me on a good track? I think I left a ranger at 40 or something. I'd have no idea what I ought to do.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I played briefly on release... if I come back to this, does anyone have some guide that would get me on a good track? I think I left a ranger at 40 or something. I'd have no idea what I ought to do.

One was linked in the thread. Lazy Peon's "Why I came back to Black Desert in 2017" video or something like that. He also has a good (bit longer) beginner's guide that is up to date.

I'd re-roll and try something from scratch to re-learn the game. You can do 1-low 50's in a few hours with exp buffs/pots and some gear on the Olvia (beginner/returning player) channel.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I don't envy you guys playing this far more hardcore than me and dealing with enchanting :p

I don't get much active play time but I'm almost always doing something afk (leveling horses atm). It's a nice passive income for a casual; I bought a TRI ult steel dagger not too long ago and already am back up to over 100 mill. Going to go for a TRI Liverto staff next I think? It seems better than a Kzarka (and more readily available) since it doesn't seem like there is any real casting time after 56 for a Wiz. It will be a long time before I can afford the accessories that will replace my Jarette set since I would have to replace the whole thing at once for it to be worth it. After Staff I'll probably go for duo or tri Ult grunil set, then maybe better gems.

I've got 210ish contribution and 315ish energy that I need to put to use for more passive money, though. When I was playing at launch I had a worker setup to make Beer and rank 3 Reform stones. I've re-started my beer guys but I'm not sure what to get going for passive, low-effort income via workers/contribution. Any tips?

Kzarka is better than Liverto hence the price difference, but it's hidden stats. TRI Liverto is like +33 accuracy, while TRI Kzarka is +50 iirc, both of which are better accuracy than a Yuria, and better AP. AP doesn't really matter that much for wizards tbh, then again neither does (that) much accuracy either.

also while passive income is Nice, Epheria Sailboat is nicer, so i'd dump all that CP into Epheria and get to chopping logs.

Oh and 50m later i'm at TRI Nouver 100 durability :)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Kzarka is better than Liverto hence the price difference, but it's hidden stats. TRI Liverto is like +33 accuracy, while TRI Kzarka is +50 iirc, both of which are better accuracy than a Yuria, and better AP. AP doesn't really matter that much for wizards tbh, then again neither does (that) much accuracy either.

also while passive income is Nice, Epheria Sailboat is nicer, so i'd dump all that CP into Epheria and get to chopping logs.

Oh and 50m later i'm at TRI Nouver 100 durability :)

What is Epheria sailboat for? I used that port to make a Fishing boat back at launch :p

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
I don't have mine yet, but Epheria sailboat allows you to sail the northwestern sea towards Margoria continent. It's a permanent ship unlike the fishing boats which inevitably break down. I think the main benefit besides travel is the ability to fish in the very profitable Margoria waters and do the deep sea treasure hunting. I haven't done any of that content yet tho so that's just my understanding from afar.

I've heard too that you can't put a mount on them to transport to pirates, maybe someone who has one can confirm.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
I think it is a bad design decision on PA's part to have Pirates be so so so good for so long, considering all the content that Valencia came with, the xp needs to be nerfed a lot once you're 57+.

Yep, this is one of the weakest parts of BDO imo. It's cool to have a 'PVP island' so to speak, but god damn it's horrible that it's still the best spot for money when I've been farming these fuckers for more than half a year. There are some really cool environments/spots to grind in Valencia (the dungeons you mentioned, Pila Ku, sulfur mines, even fogans/crescents are interesting visually) but it's rare to see anyone there or have any sort of competition for the spots. The mobs in those spots are stronger than pirates but, at best, they give roughly the same silver returns before rare drops and often times worse xp.

I think that nerfing the XP would work, but honestly I'd rather see them bring other camps up to pirates level as far as silver returns go

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
We were just talking about that. Pirates being the best is ridiculous. End game people (56+) should all want to be in the desert.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
On another note I think its funny that I picked Valk because I like taking lesser used classes (they're supposedly gimp) and I'm finding her to be my strongest character by far. I'm using Bashim's as a frame as reference and wearing the same gear - the valk absolutely stomps everything to the point of deleting the main rotation faster than it can respawn (without using a single pot) while my ninja and maewha struggle to clear a pack without chaining pots. 135/195-ish (lesser AP on the valk due to vangertz). I'm sure I'm better on the Valk because I've played it a lot more but it definitely seems like its much more than that.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Well you are comparing a mid-tier class vs 2 shit classes when it comes to PVE (and well, uh, pvp to an extent. Maewha is good in 1v1) so yeah, Valk crushes mobs compared to those 2. But vs wizard/witch/ranger/musa/etc/etc there's no contest. a wizard with 70 AP will clear faster than your valk at 200 ap.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What is Epheria sailboat for? I used that port to make a Fishing boat back at launch [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]:p[/bcolor]
in addition to the above information it's also very fast and if you wanted to, you could sell it for 200mil. For the amount of effort that goes in to making one though, I wouldn't sell it for less than 500mil. But some people really enjoy lifeskilling so it's not as bad for them. you need to chop about 10-13k logs/pine plus some other junk, and do some quest daily for the schematics.

Very strange balancing if that's the case.
I wouldn't say the game is balanced, what game really ever is. And certainly things aren't balanced in terms of PVE. Part of the balancing is, the tankier the class the less damage they do, but you have to balance that with the higher burst "assassin-esque" the class, the more squishy they are. End results in PVE is a mixed bag. You have classes like sorc which are premier assassin types that are very good 1v1 and even 1vgroup PVP, with high damage, but limited mobility and they can't clear as fast as a speedy class like Musa who is high mobility but less burst. Wizards are Damage machines. they are so good at it, it's built into their skills so deeply that they don't actually need as much AP to be effective at it vs say a mobile tank/support class like Valkyrie.

Sometimes that results in OP situations. Base Wizard is so good at damage you can do things like built full Evasion tank Wizard who deals really good damage and is nearly impossible to kill. The opposite of that are zerkers, who are by default just fucking tanky as shit. They tank as well naked as most classes do fully geared...so if you build them full +acc/AP they are also insane.