Black Desert

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
A large issue that most people ignore with grind speed, or xp per hour and class balancing is the number of mobs you can pull at once, cooldown usage, and movement. Wizard/Witch/Tamer pulls 16 mobs at a time, while any other class pulls 8. This doesn't include pets like the Red Panda with taunt. Skills don't appear to have a max target limit, but YOU do, so a Warrior using Grave Digging will only hit 8 mobs, even if he's standing on 10. Grave Digging and Slashing the Dead have 10 second cooldowns, both skills are able to clear a pack at Bashim's in a single hit, so there's quite a bit of waiting around between pack clear every 10 seconds.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Up to 180ish AP on my Wiz. Only 150ish DP so getting upgraded Grunil is next. Feels pretty powerful still, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
With 180ap you could start checking out Fogans in the desert (great xp, poor money unless you buy the Villa and make use of it). It's pretty easy to find a spot there because it's multiple rotations of different densities across a wide area... find one that's a little out of the way and that you can clear on respawn and you'll be good to go. When I first went there as a plebwar right after valencia came out I farmed the circle of 6-7 packs around the pyramid right to the southeast of the Villa - it's a pretty good spot to learn the mobs and judge your ability with them.

You can get there by going south/southeast from sand grain bazaar until you pass an abandoned aakman village on your right and see a villa on a cliff - head towards that villa and south/southeast a bit more and you'll be there. Might wanna bring a compass just in case... tho if you are ever lost in the desert just head west or use a cat pet to ping a nearby resource on the map.

Nearby to the west is Crescent Shrine where you can farm Crescent rings if you want to pursue getting those, but that place is dogshit for xp/money if you don't get a ring drop so I honestly would recommend just farming a better silver spot for the same amount of time and buying the rings off the market

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
137 / 200

180 seems like an eternity away especially seeing how difficult it is to get sharps. The marketplace f'n blows.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just can't get back in to this game after blowing up a few items. The upgrade system is too masochistic and I don't have the time or desire to grind to buy the shit.

If anyone wants to buy my 57.70 (close to 1100 skill points) Wizard let me know. My gear is pretty decent. I downgraded a bit, but I still think I am at 205 AP/240 DP. Tri Kzarka Staff, Tri Bhegs, TET off hand, all of my armor is at least Tri and my accessories are at least duo. I have a sweet alchemy stone too. I played a few days last month and got a blue Awakening weapon to Duo, I also got a Boss Helm off of the Night Vendor, but it's still very low as I just started to enchant it. My tradeskill network is pretty slick and I have a ton of the top tier workers. I have 5 or 6 characters sitting on like 25 failstacks each and I have 80 of the cash shop things that triple the restoration of durability. There's a lot more of value to the account, but I won't ramble here anymore

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On another note I think its funny that I picked Valk because I like taking lesser used classes (they're supposedly gimp) and I'm finding her to be my strongest character by far. I'm using Bashim's as a frame as reference and wearing the same gear - the valk absolutely stomps everything to the point of deleting the main rotation faster than it can respawn (without using a single pot) while my ninja and maewha struggle to clear a pack without chaining pots. 135/195-ish (lesser AP on the valk due to vangertz). I'm sure I'm better on the Valk because I've played it a lot more but it definitely seems like its much more than that.
Many of the Valk skills have built-in ACC, and that matters a lot in Valencia, so with the same gear you should be doing better than your Ninja / Mae, though if your Mae is Awakened and you can play her well, I'd say she would be better and be quicker.

Yea, the MP is really messed up right now due to all the new DK's like myself trying to get those Hard / Sharp / Concentrated stones for upgrading. I felt like I hit the jackpot yesterday when the Night Vendor sold me a Sharp. I've had a TRI Liverto Kriegs-whatever on pre-order for the past 4 days at 335mil, no luck. Screw that, I'll wait. I'm surprised at how fun the DK is though, it felt pretty slow in everyway for while, but getting some new skills and learning how to fight has made a huge difference, I feel they are stronger than my Musa (pre-awakening), if a bit slower at moving from pack to pack. Guess they get quite a bit stronger and more mobile with their awakening. Hope so.

Took my DK out to that Waragon Nest I mentioned before after hitting 56 today, and I forgot how steep the xp curve gets at 56, lol. Think I only made like 5-6% in about 90min, should be better elsewhere. Last time I farmed that place was on my awakened Musa, so that might be a factor too. Think I'll stick with Soldiers Grave / Hasrah / Elrics til the DK awakening comes out. If anyone is looking for a good spot in Valencia (180+/200+), you might try out the Gahaz Bandits, you could say they are just a higher level version of Pirates with some nasty Sorc Elites. Good to very good money (scroll drops), decent xp.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
though if your Mae is Awakened and you can play her well, I'd say she would be better and be quicker.

I don't see how that could be possible given how limited the Maewha AoE kit is. Valkuum turns whole packs into a two shot kill with very minor cleanup.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I should probably do that. Do you use preorder much?

nope, not even sure entirely how they work. I've also seen people trading pearls for items, also clueless how that works in a game with no player-to-player trading?

I just set registration notices for stuff and head to a marketplace when I see it pop. Wasn't too hard to get TRI Liverto Staff/TRI Ult steel dagger and DUO Ult awakening weap that way. DUO/TRI Ult Grunil will probably be harder...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a level 2 tier 8 horse on market the other day and it already had sprint and still breedable. I hesitated for just a second and missed it, as it would of been most of my money. Kicking myself for that.

Yeah I see all the messages for "wtb for pearls or wts for pearls" and can't help think it's all a scam, since it's all RNG whether you get it or not from the MP.

• 1Like

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
trading pearls for a chance to buy high-value items is the dumbest shit in this game and I hope it's only a trend, but it's probably here to stay

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
speaking of horses, I've been leveling and breeding a bit. bred t6 lvl 30 male to t4 lvl 30 female and got t6 female. currently leveling that up to use on the 2nd breed of the t6 male. yay horse incest!

horses are the only RNG part of this game I do and according to a calculator my t6 to t6 breed, both level 30, still only has like a 20% chance to give a t7 =/

I guess the patch today added new events and stuff, including ability to catch wild T4 and T5 horses...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
trading pearls for a chance to buy high-value items is the dumbest shit in this game and I hope it's only a trend, but it's probably here to stay

They just need to get rid of the gifting pearl crap. Was doing kzarka today, soon as they are dead, you see multiple messages about "will post kzarka box for pearls".

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Gifting pearls is 90% of the time, a scam.

Anyone who asks for pearls just to Post something, is scamming you.

A "legitimate" use of the gifting system (this borders on RMT so i dunno if kakao views it as legitimate), is a "thank you gift" after winning a rare item. The buyer and seller will make arrangements to ensure (or at least drastically increase the likelihood) of the buyer winning the item, and then the buyer will gift the seller with either pearls or a pet or costume or whatever was arranged before hand.

For example, the buyer will say "I have a pre-order up in Valencia for a +9 Dandelion Great Sword, post a +9 Dandelion Great Sword in the Valencia market. If I win i'll gift you a Cat Pet." Or the buyer/seller may make arrangements to post a T8 Horse at a precise time when not as many players are on. They will generally get in the same voice chat so they can coordinate the exact moment the seller posts it so that the buyer can grab it right away.

of course, the buyer can also scam the seller this way, there is no mechanism to enforce that he actually gift afterwards. It takes some trust obviously but either way, the seller at least gets fair market price for the item he was selling. For big ticket items like T8 Horses or dandy's ppl like to confirm it via voice chat. less likely the person will scam you if they are willing to talk to you in voice.

I'm working on getting a pure black T8 (leveling up all my T7s with the right skills and colors, wish me luck) to hopefully awaken into a Nightmare when they add the T9s to the game. Once I have it it's not something that I'd want to sell, especially not for the piddly 200-240mil that the stable says it's worth. But if someone came along and offered $100 bucks worth of pearls, on top of the in game cash? I mean, shit. can always breed more. But yeah i'd definitely need the motherfuckers home address and shit and talk to him on discord before I agreed to the trade

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem I see is it becoming the "norm". As in the amount of people posting high in demand items without some kind of attached cost(pearls) goes way down.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Supposedly Kakao will ban people who scam via pearl trades if you can provide proof of what they agreed to and that they did not list the item. I don't put much faith into that or the hope that they'll remove pearl gifting - it makes Kakao far too much money to remove now and honestly is nice to have for social purposes. They disabled gifting originally because the main method that RMT vendors used to profit in BDO was offering powerleveling services and then using saved CC info or stolen CCs on those accounts to gift pearl items for less than they would cost legit (I don't think you can save CC info on your account any longer because of this too).

It's getting pretty crazy lately and I'm worried it will become the norm too. I've seen people asking/offering upwards of 60$ of pearls just for the listing... one dude offered 10k pearls for a TET dande. Many of those posts are probably scams but still, just seeing that shit in global chat all the time normalizes the idea that this is how high-value trades occur and might scare off ppl who don't understand the marketplace and how risky those transactions are. I know my friends who have returned recently have commented on it and I have to explain that it's essentially bullshit. It's something the community as a whole has to dispose of or shun or get burnt on too many times to put faith into it.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What's their official argument against why the marketplace doesn't actually accommodate the real value of these items?