Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All they need to do is make a separate MP Tab for Pearl currency, and control the value of those items like they do with everything else. Or remove Gifting entirely.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How much money am I supposed to get from a marketplace sale? It seems like it should be 95% of the posted value (I always have a value pack applied) but it sure seems like the marketplace is taking a much larger cut than that...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What you see in the MP list isn't what you actually recieve on a sale, while you have the Pack active. You get 30% back after you click Collect.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What you see in the MP list isn't what you actually recieve on a sale, while you have the Pack active. You get 30% back after you click Collect.

I guess im confused by how it works then. I thought the marketplace took a 30% cut and then there was a 5% tax on top of that, making a 35% reduction in your sale price. Value pack would neutralize the 30% cut so you'd just have the 5% tax. Reading reddit makes it seem like you get 85% of the sale price with a value pack active?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, I misunderstood how the system works. What is actually does is -add- 30% back onto the amount you earn from a sale. Selling the Saiyer Knots at 168k gives me 109.2k before collection, when I collect it adds 30% onto that, so I end up earning 141.9k, which is around a 15% tax, so you're right, you end up getting 85% back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You receive 84.5% with a value pack.

100% - 35% = 65%, 65% X 30% = 84.5%

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
After getting almost all of my gear to TRI, I just blew it all up going for TET. Stupid, stupid idea. Never do this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anything beyond TRI seems to be for the people who have a worker empire setup to recover the loss fairly quickly, and the tryhards. Sorry for you loss! ;p

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
eh, it's called TET Roulette and if you weren't prepared for that outcome then sorry for your loss :/
but that is the system to get TETs. the only way to build failstacks for a good tet attempt, is to fail tet attempts.

i'm still at the TRI or CRY stage, but will be moving up to TET Roulette soon. Then maybe in 6 months i'll be at PEN TO WIN stage.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to enchant anything over TRI is the single biggest reason people quit the game. I can't tell you how many times I saw rage enchants where people were blowing up gear and never log back in. Enchanting just one piece of TET gear is bad enough, but the idea of doing it on half a dozen? Fuck that. And the masochists who go for PEN.... The sheer amount of grinding needed for that is obscene. Even TRI can be challenging. Before I TRI'd my Kzarka, I TRI'd a Liverto and didn't succeed until 77 stacks. Save the "you should have saved the stacks for TET." It was my very first TRI item and making my own TET gear was never a goal for me. The couple pieces I have, I bought.

No, you won't be in the 1% with TRI gear, but if you're all TRI and DUO accessories, you are still WELL ahead of the curve.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think I'm pretty much giving up on enchanting at high levels. I can handle up to duo maybe even tri but I'm not fucking around with anything higher.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did they do the NA server combine yet? I'm curious how that affected gear levels since when I was playing whichever server it was had like double the population of the other 2 combined (thus massively more competition for things like ogre rings etc. which resulted in the low pop servers getting things like TRI ogre rings before anyone even had DUO ogres on the good server). Probably the same reason EU has so many more PEN items.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ya there is only 1 NA server, 1 Euro server, etc now.

There's 36 channels now, +4 Olvia ones (100 exp bonus) for new comers/returning to game players

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
PS there is a system to go for TRI, go for TET, etc. Yeah it's a grind, but the reason people get frustrated is by focusing on getting TRI or TET or whatever on a single item, this is the wrong way to do it. I know this counters the common thought process of "ill just get my weapon TRI/TET/whatever" because everyone is obsessed with AP and you get the biggest gains there, but that's a bad way to do it.

So you can get up to about 20-25 FS cheaply. You can get all your gear to DUO without much fuss since nothing delevels.

At that point, at Full DUO you are at "TRI or CRY". And you have 25 failstacks.
You start by attempting TRI on your armor then your weapons, in the order of "least want to get > most wanted" So typically the last DUO item you attempt to TRI will be either Kzarka or Dande depending on which one you have.
So say you do this:
Helm at 25 stacks, fails, now 29 stacks
Gloves at 29, fails, now 33 fs
Boots at 33, fails, now 37 fs
Chest at 37, success. now 0 FS

Now you go back to getting your Helm, Gloves, and boots back to DUO with cheaper FS. Then get your cheap 25 FS, Once at 25 you start again. skip over the chest you already got to TRI.

Yellow weapons typically pop around 44-50 or so. That's Kzarkas, dande, nouver/kutum. You have to fail a few TRIs to get to those FS. IF you start trying to TRI just your weapon, you're starting way too early and will have to fail a lot of times to get the needed failstacks, meaning you will need to re-DUO your weapon a bunch of times, and it will get frustrating.

You repeat the above process until you are at full TRI. You can stop here, sure, but if you keep playing the game you are going to keep accruing silver, blackstones, shards, etc. so eventually you will start over at "TET ROULETTE"

Build your 25 FS, and you start sacrificing your TRI gear. Again starting at least important piece > most important.

At this stage every failure is 5 FS, but you need much higher FS to get TET to pop. Don't get upset if nothing pops for you and all your gear is at DUO. You just repeat TRI OR CRY stage above on different character, saving your TET stacks for the next round of TET ROULETTE.

Eventually, you will be at full TET.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What an awful, awful system. My weakest real life stat is luck, so that system just doesn't do it for me ;) I mean I'd be boss at getting fail stacks, but improving gear cost me sooo much in that game I finally gave in and just hunted improved gear as it came on the marketplace.

• 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've watched some YouTubers lately roll back their previous comments and am now hearing this game actually it not pay to win. I play this casually but correct me if I'm wrong - can't you buy costumes with cash then sell them on the marketplace for in game gold? Isn't that a shortcut for character advancement i.e. pay to win?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can, but the prices are set, and limited to only 5 pearl shop items week. At most you can make @125mil for $100.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
actually its 124mil @ $170, which is lolsy if you are trying to p2w.

You've always been able to buy horse skill/breed reset tokens which eventually enable you to make more silver on the horse market than if you didn't use those items, so the game has always been "p2w, with ultra shitty RNG returns that are not worth paying money to win"

Then they added dye's which again are throw hundreds of dollars at the pearl shop and maybe you might make some silver from it, eventually, the same kind of returns as the other ways.

The game is and always has been pay for convenience, only full retards cried about p2w and yeah, most of them have come back to the game and retracted their earlier hissy fits.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as sometimes I hate it, they do have a decent balance between making money , p2w aspects and preventing rmt/bots.

Shop -> market is horrid efficiency, yet people do it constantly, so they still make money without allowing the whales to skip ahead extremely fast(atm would take them like 2-3 months to buy a single TET item, much long if they want to do a huge pre-order on it to try and remove the RNG) instead of just taking a a few days to buy everything.

Can get frustrated at pricing caps, but then realize its that way for everyone and keeps demand on them super high because everyone can afford it instead of just the top 1%.

As much as I get annoyed at no trading, especially with friends/guilds, I realize that it pretty much completely stops RMT market. If that shit was in, every world boss would have RMT bots galore sitting at spawns never leaving, silver being sold everywhere and general market taking a hit as people would rather sell it for $.