Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they could make even more money in their shop if they just weren't so damn greedy. More items should be account wide instead of character bound...or at least much cheaper. I have a ton of alts and I'm not rebuying inventory space, weight increase, horse whistle, etc for every one of them. I had a ton of those free color palette things but once they expire I guess that's it for the dye system (unless they changed it since release?).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Maybe. Hard to say without having the numbers. Based on guild/friends and just around the people that play these games, they will buy stuff for every character no matter what. So maybe that's enough for them, without needing to make it cheaper to get more buyers. WHile I would love everything to be account wide, I don't see it happening, which for me is no biggy, since alts stop at 56 and the base inventory/weight plus things that are shared are enough for that, while all serious grinding (where needing more weight/inventory might be useufull) is done on 1 character.

I never remember to use the horse whistles anyway, I always run back to my horse(which mostly on a wagon anyway in a safe spot near grind mobs).

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I feel like they could make even more money in their shop if they just weren't so damn greedy. More items should be account wide instead of character bound...or at least much cheaper. I have a ton of alts and I'm not rebuying inventory space, weight increase, horse whistle, etc for every one of them. I had a ton of those free color palette things but once they expire I guess that's it for the dye system (unless they changed it since release?).

I run into this in many cash shops. BDO is bad, I remember EQ1 Phinny server had like 30$ bags. You think they'd prefer 100 items sold at 5, instead of like 10 at 30, but hey I'm no economist. And yeah, BDO cash shop is completely alt-unfriendly

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I imagine they sell more of those $30 bags than you would expect. Similarly with BDO, I don't know anyone that played for any length of time without buying a few things

Brikker

Trump's Staff
the Strength stat levels slow as fuck. I mostly just fish when AFK now (unless I have a horse to level) but sometimes I set it to level strength in an autopath loop when I know i'll be away/at work for 12+ hours, which is far more time than it takes to expend my 50 durability poles.

13 hours in a strength loop at rank 33 gives a small fraction of the bar =/

Brikker

Trump's Staff
what else is there to do afk when I cant fish non-stop and I don't have horses to raise?

im going out of town next week and my BDO should (hopefully) be running AFK from Saturday night until maintenance downtime on Wednesday. I was just gonna strength loop it cause I don't know what else it could do for that long...

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Thinking about rerolling from my 56 zerker to a musa. Zerker is cool but it felt a little slow and clunky between packs. I hear musa has insane grind speed. Just wondering if this a retarded decision and if musas grinding prowess is exaggerated.

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
You need 200ish ap to grind like a beast on a musa, other than that the class is pretty underwhelming even in node wars ( you kite forever, and then kite, and then kite a bit more, then you run in and ult, and repeat)

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
Witch tops wizard barely on grinding, but basically witch/wizard are exponentially better than any other class for mass farming pirates/sausans for money due to poison cloud/lava field mechanics. you can pull in about 30mil an hour @ sausans with t4 pets and lots of r clicking on the big main camps. and you only need about 180 ap to do this.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Musa is definitely faster than a zerker at equivalent AP, probably at any AP. But yeah wiz/witch is just better

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the info guys. Good information on classes seems hard to come by. If you check the bdo forums its filled with everyone shitting on their class hah

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Witch tops wizard barely on grinding, but basically witch/wizard are exponentially better than any other class for mass farming pirates/sausans for money due to poison cloud/lava field mechanics. you can pull in about 30mil an hour @ sausans with t4 pets and lots of r clicking on the big main camps. and you only need about 180 ap to do this.

what do you mean here with the lava field mechanics?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
In short, Lava field adds to your aggro cap. So a pet + lava/poison + player = fuck tons (24) of mobs. Meanwhile, us shitters are aggro capped on 8 mobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Still playing 1 year+ later, lvl 55 for what seems to be forever. Still mainly only fishing. Got like 1 bil in the bank with nothing I want to buy. I was getting every costume listed in the pearl area of the market but that dried up. Its basically nothing listed now but that 7 day bag thing. I really wish I could make other stuff like more Boat items, horse, or even wagon. Option currently for those is laughable.

Cant list items for more $$$ than what THEY think its worth, never find something I want. Still grinding out outfits for the different trades in the hope to get a set of +3 for all trades, I would buy those on the market but its NEVER OF THE F$%^in MARKET!
Not bitter.....

Edit:
Oh, and I have still yet to purchase anything off their Pearl store!!! Still only the purchase of the game itself.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Sure, spend a billion on stuff that very, very, very rarely gets listed. I've seen 1 set of +4 clothes get listed. Two reasons for that -- first being that the sale value in silver for those clothes is so low, that it's not profitable to craft them, and list them. The second of which is -- they are that valuable and difficult to make (TET accessories) that once a player bothers to make them, they never sell them.

Keep in mind that Dr. Neir is talking about two different sets of outfits (professions and costumes) as well, and doesn't seem to notice that the "7 day bag" is actually a 30 day bag.

If Dr. Neir was to use that billion to make his own set of +3 outfits, he *might* have enough cash -- if he was lucky, and +4? might need a few more billion to do it.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Ugh got lucky and unlucky. Bred t6 horses. Got 3 T7s(2 by breeding, 1 exchange) but all males :(

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If Dr. Neir was to use that billion to make his own set of +3 outfits, he *might* have enough cash -- if he was lucky, and +4? might need a few more billion to do it.

I had several +3s when I was playing and I never had anywhere near a billion silver which is why I threw in the price change qualifier. Only went for a +4 once and blew it up.

+3s or Tri accessories really aren't that hard to get, I feel like people have always vastly overexaggerated that. Also, what is the point in having a billion or 50 billion silver in your bank if there is nothing you want to buy with it but there are items you can make that you want? I've never understood that principle in any game. This isn't real world money where you might want to hold on to it for an emergency or retirement...

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Edit : Nvm read the "nothing I want".

I mean combat wise always something to save up for.

I am not sure life skill wise. But I would guess there is always something to work towards in that area also.

Last edited: