Board Games

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just saw my local game store was trying to sell this for $300. $100 seems like a bargain in that light, but I probably still won't get it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Most of the normal DnD crew is going to play KDM on table top sim tonight and could use one more. Anyone down? Discord Pop on in and say hello.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of the normal DnD crew is going to play KDM on table top sim tonight and could use one more. Anyone down? Discord Pop on in and say hello.

Yea, I'm busy with Persona 5 myself - but if it's lurkable, I'd love to be part of the peanut gallery. Wife would be PISSED if I played KDM without her, but I'm sure we'd both enjoy watching y'all and how it functions on TTS.

So please, if someone runs a Twitch or similar of it, let us know.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How long does it take to get used to Tabletop Sim? I tried for a bit but had no one to play with or ask questions and kind of just stopped.

What time on Wednesdays you plan on playing?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How long does it take to get used to Tabletop Sim? I tried for a bit but had no one to play with or ask questions and kind of just stopped.

What time on Wednesdays you plan on playing?

8PM CST, maybe a little later. Super easy to get use to it, I can tell you all the shortcuts you need. Few games of dominion and you will be a pro. About to run the prologue AKA learn the game while playing if you want in.

Taim

Trakanon Raider
You will not find a better value for $100. Not sure of the solo value but have played the first 3 missions with 4 people and the game is very tight. Most adventures come down to the last turn or 2. Enemy move/attack ai is very basic and can be exploited in a general sence. But every enemy type has a seperated deck of manuvers, so you never know exactly what they are going to do each turn.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Aeon's End has 38 hours to go. I highly suggest backing it or at least buying the first game which is already in retail. We've played ~10 games so far and continue to love it. The three of us that play it all agree it's a top tier game. The engine is just great, best deck builder I've played by far.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diceborn Heroes.

This game is fun, you get to pick one or two classes and level them up as you fight monsters and progress towards a boss. You use prerolled dice for your character actions and the enemies attacks.

Local pickup option (no shipping) if you live in Calgary or Edmonton.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you guys are talking about Gloomhaven...I would describe it as Descent, but about 30 times better.

Also, is this a legacy once-only type game? The KS videos seem to imply this due to the stickers and shit you add to the board? Dunno.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Also, is this a legacy once-only type game? The KS videos seem to imply this due to the stickers and shit you add to the board? Dunno.

I've got two little boys and I really hope to turn them into board gamers. They're way too young for this now but would it be worth buying for the future and what's age appropriate for something like Gloomhaven?