Board Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

faille

Molten Core Raider
If you haven't tried it...Terraforming Mars is awesome.

Pretty great game. If you're crafty at all, its worth the effort to make magnetized version of the player mats, for the production amounts at least. Just print a new copy, put a strip of metal behind it, another piece of paper at the back and laminate.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That's one of those games that always catches my eye. I'll probably wait until I find it cheap somewhere since I already have too many games I don't have time to play.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got this today, can't find anything on the KS page about when we get all the addons we paid for tho.

18268177_10213044011284332_1556279444857903992_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just played first round of dark souls. It's not bad but the play time is WAY the fuck off. We played for three hours and are ready to fight the first MINI boss. We had to take pics of our progress and we will have to come back to it. Then after that we have to go through again to fight the main boss.

Quality and fun I'm happy with it. I had two broken figures which is disappointing but I will fix them. The random gear and required stats seems a little off. We pulled tons of stuff that we weren't even close to being able to use, was kind of annoying. Combat had enough options and decisions to make it engaging without being tedious.

Overall it's cool but I'm not sure I would have backed it if the play time was correctly advertised as 4-5 hours. 90m-2 hours is just a lie, I don't think we could have played much faster, we weren't really messing around. We've already discussed ways we could house rule to speed it up without changing the difficulty or mechanics.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just played first round of dark souls. It's not bad but the play time is WAY the fuck off. We played for three hours and are ready to fight the first MINI boss. We had to take pics of our progress and we will have to come back to it. Then after that we have to go through again to fight the main boss.

And that's with out adding a Mega boss.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah after 4 hours we wiped after only doing 5 damage to the mini boss. We loved it but it takes forever to play and we were only able to use a few of the upgrades after clearing 6 tiles of baddies.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah we had to clear the four rooms three times before we could equip stuff. Seemed kind of stupid, we had a massive amount of shit we couldn't use, luck of the draw could make this game really suck.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The gear feels like it needs to be in multiple piles. One with sub-20 stat requirements, another with augments, 20-30 gear, and then finally the 30+ stuff.

Maybe flip the sub-20 cards 1 for each monster defeated, then dish out souls like normal for upgrades and to purchase the other gear.

I was playing the Herald, I didn't get a single upgrade.

I wish this was on Tabletop Simulator so I could tinker with it more, left my copy at my friend's place that we usually game at.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah we plan on tiering the gear, the way they have it now is just shit. Coming off of playing Aeon's End a lot which is extremely dialed in, it's obvious they ran out of time to play test this. We will probably make 2 or 3 tiered gear piles and just purchase from where you want maybe. I'm not sure what to do when we have to shuffle the transposed/legendary stuff in. I'm happy with the models (Other than the Dancer's new pose which looks retarded) as I'm a Dark Souls fan but pretty disappointed in the gameplay, they failed IMO. I have several other games coming this year and I can already tell this one is just going to become a dust collector/display once they arrive. Bummer.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Pandemic Legacy Season 1 on sale @ Walmart.com

I'm probably way behind the curve on board games, but I just picked it up, played a dummy round with my wife to get a feel. Seems cool, interested to add in all the Legacy elements.

Anyway, $37 vs the $70ish I've seen it floating around for.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pandemic...75035&wl11=online&wl12=44115727&wl13=&veh=sem

Pandemic Legacy is one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years...I'm not a big coop game person, but they really nailed it with that game. It deserves all the praise it has received.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pandemic Legacy is one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years...I'm not a big coop game person, but they really nailed it with that game. It deserves all the praise it has received.

Unless you play with people that tell others what to do, it devolves quickly into a shit show.