Board Games

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
After a few months of playing Dead of Winter, 7 Wonders, Mage Knight and other heavier gamesI brought out a nice simple game. I had forget the joy of King of Tokyo and games like Deep Sea adventure. I'll be mixing them in more in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played Captain Sonar last night, fun game if your group is up for it. It was basically a 3v3 game of Battleship. Someone recording the motions of the other team and trying to match that up against the islands on the map, an engineer managing systems/repairs and a captain managing your directional movement and the different systems (mine, sonar, run silent, fire torpedo). We played turn by turn, would be a hell of a game to play in real time, which is an option.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I playtested Red Dragon Inn back when the working title was Tavern Brawl. That game had so much potential.

TMNT is okay. It's pretty similar to all the other games of that genre.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I playtested Red Dragon Inn back when the working title was Tavern Brawl. That game had so much potential.

TMNT is okay. It's pretty similar to all the other games of that genre.

Yeah beyond first three expansion it is a mess, still our go too drinking game with my alcoholic friends though. Using real drinks with Red Dragon Inn is best version of the game.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can I get Red Dragon Inn set 3 without owning the first one/two? Is it worth it to get it?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can I get Red Dragon Inn set 3 without owning the first one/two? Is it worth it to get it?
I bought it because it says it can be played standalone. If not I'll be pissed.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah any of them that say stand alone is fine, only difference are the character decks. If you only have three friends then a single box is fine, if you do drinking parties with 5+ then you will need another box or deck.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah beyond first three expansion it is a mess, still our go too drinking game with my alcoholic friends though. Using real drinks with Red Dragon Inn is best version of the game.
It's pretty much the only way it's playable. It had so many more cool mechanics and they just watered it down to be Munchkin lite. I wasn't sure that was possible because Munchkin is already really light but they did it!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Just finished up Meeplecon, 3 day gaming convention here in Melbourne. Had an absolute blast! stayed up way too late every night and felt really exhausted by the end but no regrets whatsoever! I strongly encourage anyone to jump into one, even if only for a day, since it's so much fun.

Got to play Terraforming Mars, which is an awesome game despite the shit components. Don't Mess with Cthulu, great alternative to Resistance. Kingburgs, Viticulture and a bunch of others I can't remember. And spent too much at the flea market!

• 1Like

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone play Scythe? I'm thinking about picking it up for my sister for Christmas, but wanted some real world feedback first.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Anyone play Scythe? I'm thinking about picking it up for my sister for Christmas, but wanted some real world feedback first.

I have. Great little 4x style of game. Generally takes 2 hours, regardless of player count but does depend on the players. It's not a war game or even area control even though it looks like one. It's more about building up an engine to gain money and achieve mini goals. Great production value, especially if you can get the collectors edition. Good replayability since there's 5 factions and 5 engine setup things, and you pick one from each, so plenty of combos.

Main flaw might be its sudden end. Game ends as soon as win conditions are met, so that can be frustrating but when you've played a couple of times you can usually see it coming.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Scythe is easily the best game I own, and I own a lota games. Just got the expansion too.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a great game but one faction, to me, is extremely powerful when compared to the other factions. This may change as people learn strategies if the same group plays over and over but just be aware that if your group only plays a game once every couple months and sprinkles in other games between then it might get a little one sided.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
$2k level added to the KDM kickstarter now - so tempting to change to it even though I'd have an extra core and a bunch of expacs to sell afterwards