Borderlands

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This dude probably making more money off ads then the production company made in theaters.

Yes, I know it is most likely demonetized. Doesn't change what I said.

I was able to skim through it literally seconds before it got taken down

Lilith is a siren?! What a twist!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I warched it. Didn't look bad in 4k and had good sound. Wasn't awful but wasn't good.

I don't understand how they can even attempt to make a bloodless movie with 5,000 gun deaths. It's about as realistic looking as call of duty 1.

The old chicks were so caked in makeup they didn't have wrinkles. Or any facial features at all.

And why did they have to show cleavage on ugly old fat ass Jaime Lee Curtis? Very disturbing!

Gina Gerson's tits looked okay but that courset top she was wearing was working overtime keeping all her fat rolls in.

I didn't think cate blanchet did too terribly, but it definitely wasn't something I'd pay even $1 to see. Worth a free watch I guess considering what else is out there. Acolyte/Rangs/House of lezbos.

It's a dumb shootem up with great 4k visuals, dumb plot, miscast ugly old actresses who for some reason still show off cleavage, and a couple sidekicks who add unintentionally funny comedy with how stupid they are. I did laugh a couple times at the claptrap jokes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's weekend gross, not week gross.
Hot Ones Binging With Babish GIF by First We Feast

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
This is just not true. Borderlands as an IP is fucking garbage.

There's nothing to be faithful to. Borderlands was like such a peak 2009 era humor hodge-podge that trying to treat it as some sacrosanct grand video game narrative is just super revisionist.

Like go try and book up Borderlands 1/2 and play it today. The humor and writing is so painfully cringe inducing I bet you don't make it an hour. It somehow worked at the time because we were all still watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force and whatever else, but dear lord what a weird era it was, and it did not age well at all.

I remember laughing at this a decade ago, but watching it again today is like looking back to my teenage years and just being horrified at how much of a cringelord I was

There is a lot of cringy humor in borderlands to be sure, but I think you're missing the point of that particular quest.

They made that npc so incredibly stupid and annoying that you want to shoot them just to shut them up. It's not a strong gag but those lines of dialogue were designed to make you hate them.

So they succeeded?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how they can even attempt to make a bloodless movie with 5,000 gun deaths. It's about as realistic looking as call of duty 1.
That's pretty much every action movie now. Next to zero blood/gore. Most movies don't even show people being shot either.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cl4ptr4p is the only decent thing to come out of borderlands. A movie about that robot would be more interesting than this preview seemed to be.
I'd watch an animated series chronicling the adventures of Claptrap and Zero, possibly narrated by BL2 Torque.