Breaking Bad

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If I am not mistaken, the blue color occurs when the purity of the drug is high. Hence when Todd cooks and can't get the 90%+ purity, the drug isn't blue.
Nope.

Walt's methamphetamine becomes blue when he switches from pseudoephedrine reduction to reductive amination. The blue color is apparently a plot device, introduced by the show's writers to make Walt's product visually identifiable. Although blue methamphetamine, sometimes called "smurf dope," exists in the real world, 100% pure methamphetamine would appear as colorless/white crystals. The blue color might result from impurities formed during the reaction, but despite its light blue coloration, Walt's product is highly pure. The episode "Box Cutter" opens with flashback to Gale giddily setting up equipment in the laundromat super-lab. He tells Gus that he has the sample he asked him to analyze saying it is "quite good." He then lets us know it was Walt's product: "I can not as of yet account for the blue color." Gale goes on to guarantee Gus a purity of 96 percent for his own product. Walt's sample was 99 percent pure and "maybe even a touch beyond that."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The blue color comes from the methylamine but it also seems to be an indicator of quality as well. Todd mentions that he fucked up the cook and burned all the blue color away.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The blue color comes from the methylamine but it also seems to be an indicator of quality as well. Todd mentions that he fucked up the cook and burned all the blue color away.
Which probably means he burned the methylamine away.

The point is them talking about blue meth in no way means that is what got him out of his chair in that bar.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Which probably means he burned the methylamine away.

The point is them talking about blue meth in no way means that is what got him out of his chair in that bar.
Yeah that's a weird take to me too. Like you see him get noticeably angry as they try and limit his supposed contribution to Grey Matter. Maybe the blue meth portion ends up being a plot point as well but his anger seemed to spike immediately at that line about him only contributing to the name. Or am i remembering the scene wrong?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah that's a weird take to me too. Like you see him get noticeably angry as they try and limit his supposed contribution to Grey Matter. Maybe the blue meth portion ends up being a plot point as well but his anger seemed to spike immediately at that line about him only contributing to the name. Or am i remembering the scene wrong?
Nope you are remembering it quite well in my opinion. There are a few people desperately holding onto a theory that Walt at this point only cares about his meth legacy ... it is a ludicrous theory to me
biggrin.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
walt is not a boob, he has a lot of concerns. the thing about his contribution to gray matter is what got his dander up. the mention of the blue meth at the end is his final destination. so basically that interview told us how the season finale is going to play out. first part he settles his beef with gray matter. second part he settles his beef with Blue Meth and thirdly he proves gretchen wrong that walter white is dead and only heisenberg remains., which means he is going to make a sacrifice to redeem himself a little.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Walt: Dead
Jesse: Dead
Skylar: Dead
Walt Jr: Dead

Marie: Dead
Todd: Dead
Lydia: Dead
Jack: Dead
Gretchen: Dead
Elliot: Dead

It's like being the last guy to bid on The Price is Right and going with one dollar.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have no doubt that the Grey Matter shit was what flipped the switch in Walt from resigned to WALT SMASH. But I think he is smart enough to figure out that blue meth in New Mexico probably = Jesse at this point.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm guessing Walt is going to somehow implicate Grey Matter in the meth production. Does Walt even know where the nazi compound is?
Yes, we saw him talking to Jack at the compound.

I don't see how he could implicate a multi-billion dollar company in meth production with literally no tools at his disposal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Jesse: Alive, continues dealing small scale drugs
Skylar: Alive
Walt Jr: Alive, breakfast

Marie: Alive
Todd: Alive, becomes Heisenberg
Lydia: Alive, in love with Todd
Jack: Dead, killed by Walt
Gretchen: Alive
Elliot: Alive

Badger and Jessie deal for Todd for the rest of their lives.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jesse: Alive, continues dealing small scale drugs
Skylar: Alive

Marie: Alive
Todd: Alive, becomes Heisenberg
Lydia: Alive, in love with Todd
Elliot: Alive

Badger and Jessie deal for Todd for the rest of their lives.
This is probably pretty close to the truth. I don't expect the bloodbath that some of you guys seem to.

iannis

Musty Nester
yeah, if I had to put money it I'd probably go with that prediction myself.

Bloodbath is an outside favorite.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Walt: Dead, probably from ricin
Jesse: Alive, trying to get his shit back together and live a clean life with the kid
Skylar: Alive, continues to be annoying

Marie: Alive and emo
Todd: dead
Lydia: either killed by todd for rejecting him too harshly or hauled off to jail by the DEA
Elliot: Alive, nothing untoward will happen to these two.