Breaking Bad

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hank and Gomie hide behind the car walt is in....nazi's do not want to kill walt, therefor they keep shooting at the engine block area where Hank and Gomie are hiding behind. Now i would like to ask the gun nuts, wich of the guns the nazi's, who are in excellent cover fire driving hank an gomie to hide instead of shoot, is able to shoot through a V8 engine block.
I'm not an expert and I don't know exactly what guns those dudes had, but I don't think any normal assault rifle is going to go all the way through the body and engine of a suburban and come out with lethal force on the other side. The doors? Sure, maybe even both doors if it's full metal jacket, but probably not all the way through the engine unless there was a 50 cal machine gun that I didn't see there. I don't think hiding behind the car is all that unrealistic.

On the other hand, in some show/movie I saw recently (maybe Spring Breakers?) somebody rolled up next to a car and fired point blank at the driver's head and all it did was break the window and my the driver go "oh shit". I don't think that's a likely scenario even if it's a .22

iannis

Musty Nester
Walt flying off the handle was 100% believable to me. Even redeeming of his character in a way. Dude makes mistakes, he got played. He's not a split second kind of planner, he's always been methodical. So Walt going crazy over Jesse's threat to the one thing he cares about anymore... entirely credible.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The gunfight going a too long was silly. As long as Hank and Gomez end up dying then it's forgivable. The Nazis running out of ammo or Hank killing them all would be hilarious but also stupid. But just saying a gun fight lasting longer than it should actually ruins the series is idiotic nerd rage.

I don't think the confession on the phone was really that important. It gives no specifics and would never lead to any convictions. Plus Walt's DVD would easily explain it. I'm guessing it had more to do with them finding the money. It gives them enough for the DEA to get involved and have an official high scale investigation into Walt, even if it's not admissible in court. I imagine Gomez might be a part of taking Hank's word over Walt's.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You know a tv show jumped the shark when people make better endings. To me BB was in my all time favourite 5, but since last night it just drops to 10-20's. What a waste of talents on the altar of sloppy writing.
Thanks for confirming that all of your future opinions are worthless.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wonder what the chances are Meth Damon took a pop to the head leading the Aryan Nation to force Walt and/or Jessie into cooking leading to a DEA vs Nazis vs Walt ending in a Mexican standoff in New Mexico.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That would make some sense. Their only cook dies, while hank/gomez/jessie die which causes Walt to go crazy and refuse to work for them. They use Walt's family as leverage to force him to cook, everything burns to the ground.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The gunfight going a too long was silly. As long as Hank and Gomez end up dying then it's forgivable. The Nazis running out of ammo or Hank killing them all would be hilarious but also stupid. But just saying a gun fight lasting longer than it should actually ruins the series is idiotic nerd rage.

I don't think the confession on the phone was really that important. It gives no specifics and would never lead to any convictions. Plus Walt's DVD would easily explain it. I'm guessing it had more to do with them finding the money. It gives them enough for the DEA to get involved and have an official high scale investigation into Walt, even if it's not admissible in court. I imagine Gomez might be a part of taking Hank's word over Walt's.
They can corroborate what he said versus what Jesse told them, and then further corroborate shit. For instance, he killed the two drug dealers by hitting them with his car (which he gave to some mechanic) and then had to get it repaired. Krazy 8 and poisoning the kid, these are things that back his story up. Walt's dvd is nothing more than a feint, he has nothing to back that shit up, all it does is discredit Hank and cost him his job.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
. . .or does jessie just drive off by himself.
Jesse can't just drive off. I doubt he has the keys. It also looked like he was trying to sneak out of that car.

The only thing more ridiculous than this gunfight is if either Hank or Gomez actually live. Neither of them is going to just stop shooting, and neither are the nazi's, so for the gunfight to end, either hank and gomez actually kill off Meth Damon and his uncle with their ENTIRE crew, which is stupid as fuck, or hank and gomez die.
The nazis might stop if Hank pulls Walt out of the vehicle and uses him as a shield. He knows they came there to rescue Walt so he knows Walt is valuable to them.

The only reason Walt is of any value to the Nazis is because he's the only one who knows how to make the meth blue (except for Jesse, but I can't recall if they were aware of that), something Lydia is insistent on. Perhaps they believe that, if Walt is out of the picture, Lydia has to accept the best that they can provide since the unrealistic standard they are being measured against will no longer exist. Considering they were shooting up the vehicle he was handcuffed in, it didn't seem like there were terribly concerned for his well-being.
Possible, but also remember during the negotiation Jack mentions how they're going to be making a lot more money if they can get their purity up. So they would probably prefer him alive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the nazis really have walt over a barrel this time. they bargained one cook session for one dead junkie, imagine what they will ask for (possibly)2 dead DEA officers and a mountain of heat coming their way. they will probably want walt cooking for them indefinitely.

iannis

Musty Nester
I let it slide when I watched it and I'm still letting it slide because it's part of the western shoot-em-up story rather than the we're pretending to be realistic story

but like, the past few episodes have basically been extraneous. Enjoyable, but extraneous. Hank doesn't have anything on Walt that he didn't already have at the garage scene. All of that led up to Hank putting handcuffs on Walt and placing him "under arrest"? It really just falls apart. If the money was that important to his "case" why didn't Hank just point to the Car Wash and say "You're under arrest, bitch" after he walked out of the bathroom?

Hank's got a shady-ass off the books "investigation" that he can't even tell his own uniformed men about and a little bit of dubious "evidence". He's got a witness in Jesse I guess. A completely not credible witness who can attest to what? A couple of murders committed in self defense? I've got a feeling that even in the Breaking Bad universe even Saul is a good enough lawyer that Walt would never see the inside of a jail cell... he'd pass straight through the lobby and right out the back door.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So here's a thought and maybe I missed where it explained it....

Why has Jesse not noticed of seemingly cared that his phone is missing?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hank is using it to trap walt, jesse wants to burn down walt, or at least thats how he is acting like, anyway, jesse was using his phone to lure walt over to the dig site. its not missing

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one thing i was expecting them to do after they slapped cuffs on walt i fully expected them to slap cuffs on jesse too for the murder of Gale. was surprised hank didnt do at least something to tip jesse off how deeply he just fucked himself by trusting someone like hank who is in no way his friend.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I let it slide when I watched it and I'm still letting it slide because it's part of the western shoot-em-up story rather than the we're pretending to be realistic story

but like, the past few episodes have basically been extraneous. Enjoyable, but extraneous. Hank doesn't have anything on Walt that he didn't already have at the garage scene. All of that led up to Hank putting handcuffs on Walt and placing him "under arrest"? It really just falls apart. If the money was that important to his "case" why didn't Hank just point to the Car Wash and say "You're under arrest, bitch" after he walked out of the bathroom?
It was probably laundered well.

The cash wasn't laundered at all. He could get him for tax fraud like Capone. Or at the very least he'd have the DEA all over him

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
hank is using it to trap walt, jesse wants to burn down walt, or at least thats how he is acting like, anyway, jesse was using his phone to lure walt over to the dig site. its not missing
Speaking of the phone, I found it odd that the scene with Andrea went nowhere. It was Walt's ploy to get Jesse out in the open that was instantly dismissed the next scene with Hank saying, "Nice try." It'd be one thing if we saw Jesse get the call and Hank have to talk him out of running over there, but the fact that it was immediately tossed aside leads me to believe that's not the last we'll be seeing of Andrea and Brock.

It was probably laundered well.
Itwaslaundered well. That's been a pretty significant part of Skylar's story in recent seasons. We're led to believe she knows what she's doing, and that there would really be nothing for the feds to go after in regards to the car wash. That's why there was a storage unit filled with money. It was all the money Skylar couldn't launder since the IRS would never believe they were able to legitimately generate that type of cash.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone made this to explain how they're still cheering for Walt.

original.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know a tv show jumped the shark when people make better endings. To me BB was in my all time favourite 5, but since last night it just drops to 10-20's. What a waste of talents on the altar of sloppy writing.
Funniest shit I have read on the internet today, but the day is young...