Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
That's a lot of traumas you had to deal with.

Or are those just mild jimmy rustlers that you think it's trendy to claim as legitimate flashback triggers?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The dude has been riding the wrong side of an argument for over 100 pages. I think its safe to say there are no mild jimmy rustlers as far as he is concerned. Everything is 911 x 1000 for him.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The dude has been riding the wrong side of an argument for over 100 pages. I think its safe to say there are no mild jimmy rustlers as far as he is concerned. Everything is 911 x 1000 for him.
When I'm on the minority side of an argument, I have no choice but to admit it when I am wrong about something. I can't pretend otherwise, or the fury of a thousand alphas will rain down upon me ceaselessly, forcing that point home. So yeah,I was wrong.I was forced to rethink not just my position, but why I felt motivated to defend it. I realized that I was right about the fact that taking advantage of a drunk person to fuck them counts as rape, but I was wrong in not explicitly stating that that level of intoxication needs to be such that the victim is not capable of sound judgment. I may have felt that was implied, but I can see now that it wasn't. So, Ididexplicitly state that in an attempt to clarify my position. I found multiple official legal sources that supported my stance. I left no room for misinterpretation and was not swayed by attempts to pull me into tangents or make things about me personally. I showed the majority that I wasn't just talking out of my ass and forced them to acknowledge that what I'd been saying for over a month was right... only eventhenthat's not how it played out.

Luckily for the majority, they never have to admit when they are wrong. They can be proven wrong repeatedly, but as long as they're willing to support each other, they can pretend together that they are somehow still in the right. Is it group mentality? Does it make one feel like onebelongs? Is teaming up with buddies to kick an underdog an action that contains its own reward, regardless of context? Is it more important to be popular than to be right? Is it just a form of laziness wherein each individual just assumes he is right because everyone else on his team says so, and surely they wouldn't be saying so ifsomeonedidn't know what they were talking about? Or, most likely, is it just cripplingly low self esteem that must be boosted by any means necessary, including making stuff up and throwing it out as fact in order to feel superior to others?

I ain't even mad. I learned a lot about the legal system, I showed everyone that sometimes "yes" doesn't mean "yes", I exposed a fellow poster as a fraud,andI found the weak point of one of the most intelligent and well-respected posters on this board. Not a bad showing for a feminist beta. But again, if it makes you feel better about yourself to keep ragging on me, go right ahead. My jimmies ain't rustled, and you get a self esteem boost. Everybody's happy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_70871.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
Tanoomba, I basically agree with you on most of your points (well, after your change).

However, what I couldn't fathom is your continued statements that you thought Mist was making sense. She kept seeming to say, over and over, that she was using the rape issue as a proxy to fight underage drinking. Mist thinks the threat of false rapes is great because it might make people drink less. She also has said this would be fine, as the women who did the accusing (some of which WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN RAPED) should also be expelled for drinking. All of this wouldn't be a big deal though, because its "just college". That attitude is so vile it boggles my mind. I simply can't believe you support any part of that and I also don't think I'm exaggerating Mist's position at all.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tanoomba, I basically agree with you on most of your points (well, after your change).

However, what I couldn't fathom is your continued statements that you thought Mist was making sense. She kept seeming to say, over and over, that she was using the rape issue as a proxy to fight underage drinking. Mist thinks the threat of false rapes is great because it might make people drink less. She also has said this would be fine, as the women who did the accusing (some of which WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN RAPED) should also be expelled for drinking. All of this wouldn't be a big deal though, because its "just college". That attitude is so vile it boggles my mind. I simply can't believe you support any part of that and I also don't think I'm exaggerating Mist's position at all.
The way I understood it, Mist was basically saying that by reducing underage drinking, you reduce both rapes and rape accusations. Make underage drinking an expellable offense, and it's one less harmful distraction that undermines students' educational pursuits. I don't consider this a violation of anyone's freedom nor do I consider it "coddling" young people and stunting their development into adulthood. If anything, I find this suggestion could best be compared to Brazil, where for over a decade it had been illegal to sell beer in stadiums (before FIFA overturned that law, of course). Full-grown adults were being outright denied alcohol because, frankly, they couldn't handle it. It led to too much violence and even fatalities, so eliminating the catalyst was an extreme but logical step.

As for false rape accusations, why shouldn't that be something students have to worry about? Why shouldn't a student be questioning whether a hookup could potentially end with rape accusations,especiallyif alcohol is involved? I'm not trying to be flippant about rape accusations, but as we all now know the legal standards for proving rape occurred (barring signs of physical struggle) are pretty high. After any false rape accusations have been dis-proven, why shouldn't the parties involved in underage drinking be expelled? Heck, they just illustrated exactly why that policy exists in the first place. This applies even in cases of actual rape. Whether or not a student was raped is a separate issue from whether or not a student engaged in underage drinking, and the former should not allow a "free pass" for the latter.

Now, we could debate whether having harsher consequences (such as expulsion) for underage drinking would work effectively as a deterrent. Realistically, young people are going to drink and get into trouble anyway. But I don't think it would be unreasonable for colleges to take a proactive approach to reducing underage drinking. If students don't want to be expelled, they'd have to exercise a little more responsibility than they otherwise might. Consequently, rapes and rape accusations would go down and grades would go up... at least that's the theory, but it seems sound to me.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So you are really in favor of expulsion for under-age drinking? Now Mist HATES college, so hell, probably sees expulsion as a benefit. You aren't an idiot, so I assume you understand that expulsion is a very serious thing. It can cause people to lose scholarships, have wasted huge amounts of money, lose visa status. Basically, it can, while not always, ruin lives. Over what, underage drinking? Have we learned nothing from the mistakes of the drug war, that we now want to extend it to campuses?

My mind kinda boggles at you saying that "why shouldn't the parties involved in underage drinking be expelled". So a woman gets raped, reports it, and then gets expelled when she says to the cops that she drank some alcohol? Seriously, you see that as overall a good thing? I mean, Mist does, I can't fathom that anyone not a piece of shit does. I think that is horrible.

So it seems that essentially the position is, in the war against underage drinking, we will increase the penalty on being raped (since now, not only have you been raped, but now if you report it you are expelled). Now this might decrease rape accusations, so lets lower the standards of proving rape and make it super easy to prove. Less overall accusations, but probably a greater percentage of false rape accusations are held up to be true, at the cost of ruining a fuckload of people's lives for simply underage drinking. All of which we know will probably still not lower the actual amount of underage drinking that much in the first place.

No fucking thanks, just a vile position from someone that hates college and sees expulsion as a "bonus".

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
what the fuck is underage drinking anyways, it's a societal created taboo that encourages overcompensating deviate behavior in reality, especially those years just prior to it's "legal age".

khalid

Unelected Mod
what the fuck is underage drinking anyways, it's a societal created taboo that encourages overcompensating deviate behavior in reality, especially those years just prior to it's "legal age".
Yep, the laws against underage drinking seem to have led to an increase in the actual problem, which is overindulgence.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
When I'm on the minority side of an argument, I have no choice but to admit it when I am wrong about something. I can't pretend otherwise, or the fury of a thousand alphas will rain down upon me ceaselessly, forcing that point home. So yeah,I was wrong.I was forced to rethink not just my position, but why I felt motivated to defend it. I realized that I was right about the fact that taking advantage of a drunk person to fuck them counts as rape, but I was wrong in not explicitly stating that that level of intoxication needs to be such that the victim is not capable of sound judgment. I may have felt that was implied, but I can see now that it wasn't. So, Ididexplicitly state that in an attempt to clarify my position. I found multiple official legal sources that supported my stance. I left no room for misinterpretation and was not swayed by attempts to pull me into tangents or make things about me personally. I showed the majority that I wasn't just talking out of my ass and forced them to acknowledge that what I'd been saying for over a month was right... only eventhenthat's not how it played out.

Luckily for the majority, they never have to admit when they are wrong. They can be proven wrong repeatedly, but as long as they're willing to support each other, they can pretend together that they are somehow still in the right. Is it group mentality? Does it make one feel like onebelongs? Is teaming up with buddies to kick an underdog an action that contains its own reward, regardless of context? Is it more important to be popular than to be right? Is it just a form of laziness wherein each individual just assumes he is right because everyone else on his team says so, and surely they wouldn't be saying so ifsomeonedidn't know what they were talking about? Or, most likely, is it just cripplingly low self esteem that must be boosted by any means necessary, including making stuff up and throwing it out as fact in order to feel superior to others?

I ain't even mad. I learned a lot about the legal system, I showed everyone that sometimes "yes" doesn't mean "yes", I exposed a fellow poster as a fraud,andI found the weak point of one of the most intelligent and well-respected posters on this board. Not a bad showing for a feminist beta. But again, if it makes you feel better about yourself to keep ragging on me, go right ahead. My jimmies ain't rustled, and you get a self esteem boost. Everybody's happy.
rrr_img_70906.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So you are really in favor of expulsion for under-age drinking?
As a blanket policy to be applied to all colleges? No. But there is no denying that underage drinking is a big problem in some colleges, such as the one Mist described. One response would be to say "So what? Let these kids fuck up their lives on their own terms." Another would be to attempt to curb the problem through, yes, stricter consequences for indulging in an already illegal and harmful activity.

You describe how being expelled can ruin lives, and you're absolutely right, but you're ignoring the responsibility of the students themselves. Besides the fact that they shouldn't be drinking underage anyway (it is against the law, after all), if they know damned well that they can get expelled for drinking but choose to do it anyway, how is that not their fault? If a college wants to send the message that it isn't a place for fucking around and partying, why shouldn't it be able to do so? If students can't accept that, perhaps they can pursue an education at a place that isn't so strict about underage drinking.

Hell, I can't stand the horrendous waste of money and damage done in the name of the "war on drugs". All drugs should be legal, period. But we're talking about campus policy here, at a college students supposedlychooseto go to. It is their responsibility to know what they are getting into and to behave according to whatever rules the college chooses to enforce. Students don't "deserve" the right to drink underage. Heck, the law already explicitly forbids it. It's not an essential rite of passage to party hard in college, even if popular opinion believes otherwise. If a student goes to a college that threatens to expel him if he drinks while underage, it's really not that big a deal to simply abstain from drinking while underage. Or, like I said, find another college if that's such a dealbreaker.