Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This was my working weekend so next weekend I have 3 days off. Meaning I am super excited to bring my hunter to some raiding, every other weekend.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
This was my working weekend so next weekend I have 3 days off. Meaning I am super excited to bring my hunter to some raiding, every other weekend.
after watching that mythic blackhand i think you need to bring that warlock tho, you see them Wakandans DPS????

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Apologies to all on my heroic Gruul derp. For those not there, I accidentally clicked my gear/spec swap macro instead of Blessing of Might before the fight, so I was healing with my Ret gear and wondering why my healing was so low. Reminded me of the time our MT in vanilla tried to tank Ragnaros with a mining pick.

I have permanently fixed this.
smile.png

Still not ecstatic with my healing overall, on Maidens I did ok but other fights need to improve.
Well that's why we're working together. When I get a chance I'll see what I Can see in the logs for everyone. Literally every person can improve in some way, so if we're all collectively working with eachother providing constructive criticism we can only get better. I just hope everyone has thick enough skin that they can accept criticism and know that we're only doing it so everyone can improve. We're doing good! But the hard stuff is to come.

a_skeleton_03, there is always extra bench seating in the minivan.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Forgot to mention it yesterday, but I will not be able to attend/organize a Friday evening run, this week. Lion King is in town, and my wife and I have tickets.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I found a solution to the Grid2 problem when you split people into unused groups (i.e. Butcher). The problem happens because Grid2 does not by default give you the option to layout by group with a higher raid size so if we have 15 people it will only show 3 groups and anyone put into the 4th group will not be shown.

To fix it, go to General Settings, Layouts tab, and then the advanced tab. In the new layout name box, make a name for it (I went with Custom Group 20). In the 'Header 1' fields, do the following (Type = raid, Columns = 1, Units/Column = All, First Group = 1, Last Group = 1, Group by = None, Sort by = Index) in the Action tab choose copy and now change First Group to 2 (Last Group should also be 2). Repeat these steps changing First Group to 3, 4, etc. (4 is all you need for 20 man).

Afterward you can go to the Layouts, General tab and under Raid 15 layout change it to the 'Custom Group 20' layout you just made. I went ahead and made a custom layout for all group sizes 10-40 so that I can swap out layout sizes no matter what the raid size is.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really hoping they buff DK's.. tank awesomeness is Monk > War > Pal > DK > Druid.. I mean, I guess I'm not a druid, so there's that.... I'm levelling my monk as a tank/healer anyways. I enjoy monk tanking and I like their active mitigation style. DK will always be my second love (first was warrior in vanilla/tbc as a MT for a server first guild).

This weekend we're going to clear content as fast as we can in BRF and then make a strong push at blast furnace. I know we usually stop at 2:00EST, so if people need to leave at that point that's fine, but I'd like to stay and keep pushing the encounter if people are still around. I think it will be an easier fight than maidens, but that's just me. And I think Blackhand is easy too.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So someone got ahold of my account info and didn't change the password.. sketchy. Didn't strip my accounts at all instead setup a bot to run karazan for vendor trash.

They put a gamecard on my account for a month and it has 25kg dirty money sitting on it. (Bam Game Wow Card was just revoked)

I've got it locked down with mobile authenticator now (had sms protect).

Funny stuff. I even had a pretty nuts ass password, but it seems it got brute forced relatively easily as my SMS protect never fired off.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So someone got ahold of my account info and didn't change the password.. sketchy. Didn't strip my accounts at all instead setup a bot to run karazan for vendor trash.

They put a gamecard on my account for a month and it has 25kg dirty money sitting on it. (Bam Game Wow Card was just revoked)

I've got it locked down with mobile authenticator now (had sms protect).

Funny stuff. I even had a pretty nuts ass password, but it seems it got brute forced relatively easily as my SMS protect never fired off.
I saw you in Karazhan and said hello, no response. Glad you got your account back.

Last night I got three emails from Steam support that someone tried to reset my account password.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm if your password wasn't reset then I don't think they could have simply brute forced it since the usual method involves compromising your email account - do you use the password anywhere else?

I just keepass all that shit.

EDIT: Other possibility if the password is unique is resident malware aka keylogger etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Eh I got the account locked on mobile auth now, It was a completely unique PW (From a long time ago). That PW was used for previous games that got compromised though. So that's probably where the hole is. I switched it out for a new unique PW so I should be okay now.

Steam and other games haven't been compromised, email is fine etc, likely not a keylogger. If I get another compromise this month I'll reformat.

Upon further investigation, the account got sent a time card on the 4th and went active on the 5th, so I was able to stop him from transferring off all the gold. I'll see about resubbing to make sure he didn't plinko the guild bank.

I'd recommend bumping me down to member status or recruit status just incase it happens again.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I finally feel like I'm a great monk tank. This is one busy class, probably the most complicated in the game. Feels good to be awesome at it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Eh I got the account locked on mobile auth now, It was a completely unique PW (From a long time ago). That PW was used for previous games that got compromised though. So that's probably where the hole is. I switched it out for a new unique PW so I should be okay now.

Steam and other games haven't been compromised, email is fine etc, likely not a keylogger. If I get another compromise this month I'll reformat.

Upon further investigation, the account got sent a time card on the 4th and went active on the 5th, so I was able to stop him from transferring off all the gold. I'll see about resubbing to make sure he didn't plinko the guild bank.

I'd recommend bumping me down to member status or recruit status just incase it happens again.
Oh bro but didn't you hear? We don't have a guild leader! Unless you are a rank that is somehow below me

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm sure someone has made a convoluted "STAGGER NOW!" weakaura to take all the guesswork out of it, heh. IMO the whole Jab vs Expel Harm(?) dance is more annoying. Oops I got healed in that quarter second and hit for shit. Do monks just say fuck it and use one builder or the other? Seems awkward. I leveled one for a bit and was just like.. I already have a rogue and I don't really care to tank or heal, even though after 10 years you'd think the change of pace would be refreshing. The main attraction of monk is they are the least played class, a bit under rogue (which are surprisingly low) and warlock.

I seem to tweak my Focus Fire weakaura every week. People can't make up their minds as to when it's worth using at < 5 stacks. BW comes up so often that frenzy hardly ever seems to actually get a chance to reach 5. Sometimes it almost times out in between procs. RNG as fuck.

I guess it makes me feel like I'm earning that 42k, so that's fun.

Oh, and my combat rogue (still no dagger) can hit 30k+ single now because we actually ran a BRF normal and I scored 4-piece and jumped 8k+. So I can big dick it for you guys when I'm able to make the Minivan.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorrows big dicked it so hard a couple weeks ago that he said his dick broke off. I think he ranked 20 on Kromog or even higher

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Mad slummin yo.

PS: If your Area 52 guild didn't do Mythic HM we might have a dps spot tonight if you want to die to Butcher some. Once positioning is down he'll fall over dead.

You can feel sorry for the handful of underperformering dps we are saddled with that keep Blackhand just out of reach.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone know why when i swap my WoW folder over to my second hard drive, and try to load it from there, from the folder it still launches it from my main HD?

my main HD is packed, and i wanted to get WoW over to the second HD so i could just delete it on the first but dont wanna fuck myself

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Change the install folder in the battle.net launcher settings. I'm pretty sure bypassing it requires a command line switch, not just running it from the dir.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Mad slummin yo.

PS: If your Area 52 guild didn't do Mythic HM we might have a dps spot tonight if you want to die to Butcher some. Once positioning is down he'll fall over dead.

You can feel sorry for the handful of underperformering dps we are saddled with that keep Blackhand just out of reach.
I'm saved to mythic for the week. Did Kargath, Butcher, and Twins.

If you do some heroic blackhand let me know. I'd like to get that down. Guild I'm playing with really needs to bench 5-6 people who fucking fail at mark.

Edit: I didn't slum that Kromog kill. Most dps were just slow breaking out everyone.

Combat Log - Ask Mr. Robot - World of Warcraft

Elsebet

Peasant
I found a solution to the Grid2 problem when you split people into unused groups (i.e. Butcher). The problem happens because Grid2 does not by default give you the option to layout by group with a higher raid size so if we have 15 people it will only show 3 groups and anyone put into the 4th group will not be shown.

To fix it, go to General Settings, Layouts tab, and then the advanced tab. In the new layout name box, make a name for it (I went with Custom Group 20). In the 'Header 1' fields, do the following (Type = raid, Columns = 1, Units/Column = All, First Group = 1, Last Group = 1, Group by = None, Sort by = Index) in the Action tab choose copy and now change First Group to 2 (Last Group should also be 2). Repeat these steps changing First Group to 3, 4, etc. (4 is all you need for 20 man).

Afterward you can go to the Layouts, General tab and under Raid 15 layout change it to the 'Custom Group 20' layout you just made. I went ahead and made a custom layout for all group sizes 10-40 so that I can swap out layout sizes no matter what the raid size is.
This happened to me on Butcher on Friday which is why I was mentioning that my Grid was messed up. Thanks for the solution. Do you ever have the issue of the tanks not sticking to the first two cells of the grid? When I join the raid and the tanks are promoted, they will be in the first two cells no matter what group they are in. However when the groups are mixed around, the tanks randomly get put into different cells even with having a "tanks first" layout. Might be a bug, or something I can fix with a custom layout. Will experiment tonight. I like my tanks in the first two cells, old habit after years of tank healing.

May just ditch Grid and try out Vuhdo.