CFB 2013-2014

darkko_sl

shitlord
Nothing to see here, move along. Just freshman orientation at 'Bama
smile.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The guy on the left is awesome. Like he's confused that someone gave him all that money and wants to take his picture.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well the guy on the left is Dee Liner, owner of the Twitter account and poster of said picture.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I get back from broing out with Smedley playing EQnext I expect this thread to be in full swing. We need Ham getting cheesy, Foggy talking shit, Genj, Adam, and Mario burning a couch, and most importantly above all else Dumar and What becoming friends.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I was trying to make it out to Vegas for SOE Live this year
frown.png
Gonna go next year instead for the opening week of the World Cup

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...691&forum_id=6

A local sports radio station here in Portland had an NFL scout on as a guest yesterday to talk about the Pac12. During the interview the scout ranked the conferences in order of overall future NFL talent.

1. SEC ("By far, the conference with the most NFL talent. None of the other conferences are even close.")

2. PAC12 ("A consistent producer of NFL talent at every position. Everyone knows about the Pac12's quarterbacks, receivers, running backs, and defensive backs. But this league consistently produces quality NFL starters at linebacker and defensive linemen, too, which the rest of the country doesn't usually think of when it thinks of the Pac12.")

3. Big1G ("Overall, the first three rounds of NFL draftable talent in the Big10 has declined quite a bit. We think it is because of turmoil and coaching changes. But it is still a league with plenty of future NFL players. We think it will bounce back, talent-wise, as things settle down and stabilize at Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.")

4. ACC ("Florida State and Clemson are loaded. Vtech and Miami have fallen off some.")

5. The Big12 ("What has happened in that league is shocking. Losing Texas A&M and Nebraska obviously hurt the overall pool of draftable talent, but we didn't expect Texas and Oklahoma to drop off the way they have. Those two programs have nowhere near the future NFL prospects on campus today that they had five years ago. The whole league is just not as talented anymore, especially in the numbers of players we project as players who will be drafted in the first three rounds.")
Sounds about right

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So trying to put my SEC homer bias aside , what are coaches basing ranking Ohio State #2 in the coaches poll that came out today ?

Is it more they just expect them to run the table in their conference than on their talent ? I don't see what they have talent-wise that puts then #2 preseason.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So trying to put my SEC homer bias aside , what are coaches basing ranking Ohio State #2 in the coaches poll that came out today ?

Is it more they just expect them to run the table in their conference than on their talent ? I don't see what they have talent-wise that puts then #2 preseason.
This speaks more to why preseason polls are stupid and shouldn't exist. Voters should have to wait at least until week 5 before releasing the first poll.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This speaks more to why preseason polls are stupid and shouldn't exist. Voters should have to wait at least until week 5 before releasing the first poll.
But then we would miss the fun of seeing USC drop to being unranked!

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin

Weak schedule, shit conference is probably the biggest factor. Outside of a road game at Michigan, OSU will be heavily favored in every game they play this year. If they were to be able to pull off undefeated, they'd be riding a 25 game win streak going into bowl season. Also Braxton Miller.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If nothing else LSU will hold the title for most batshit crazy coach.

"It would not compare to the robust green fescue of Baton Rouge".

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Train wreck waiting to happen. Not that it doesn't run in the family. I remember when his uncle and dad were arrested for cocaine trafficing at the Oil Palace which is a concenrt venue they own in Tyler, TX.