Chappie - Neill Blomkamp's new film

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
First look at Chappie, the R-rated sci-fi action pic from helmer Neill Blomkamp. The South African director impressed with his indie debut feature District 9, then directed Matt Damon and Jodie Foster in 2013?s No. 1 box office opener Elysium. He returns to a South African setting with Chappie, about a robot (voiced by District 9?s Sharlto Copley) born into the world able to think and feel for himself. Dev Patel, Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, and South African rappers Die Antwoord star for Blomkamp, who co-scripted with his District 9 collaborator Terri Tatchell. Sony releases the film on March 6.

"Short Circuit" for adults?

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks more like a dark Short Circuit. Could be good, could bash you over the head about "what is life" or AI or whatever. As long as they remove the shakey cam from Elysium I'll probably see it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
After District 9 I'd be down for whatever Blomkamp was selling, then Elysium came along and I'm not so sure. Looks interesting at least.

spronk

FPS noob
looks fucking awesome, there have been a bunch of small budget indie movies with the same theme over the last few years (automata was one I saw recently) but this just blows it up to big budget level

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Even though Elysium is not that good, just love neil blomkamp's direction, cinematography, special effects.
Chappie looks neat. But I don't know why but this trailer reminded me of Robocop, evil corporation with evil CEO, a robot/cyborg regaining humanity, beinga a cop...

Anyway, if Hollywood wants to make a Crysis movie, neil is spot on for the job.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The script for Elysium was just bad and the endlng was also terrible and predictable. Different ending would have made that movie much better IMO

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The vibe I got from watching the trailer a couple times in the theater was "Gubmet bad, robot with the feels will save us all." Might watch it if it pops up on Netflix at some point.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
here is the short chappie is based on, he made in 2004

he's 35 so he probably saw short circuit/2 when he was 10 and cried when jonny5 was being hacked to death!

Fadaar

That guy
Really liked District 9 but I avoided Elysium since it got such subpar reviews. Might see it after reviews start hitting.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I liked Sharlto Copley as a bad guy in Elysium. I hope he plays more badguy roles in the future.