Civilization V: Brave New World

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fall from Heaven 2, mod for CIV4, is an awesome game and someone took over patching the mod after the big guy left (last I looked there were updates this summer). Way better game for those interested!

If you want to test the beta right now, do this:

Right click the game in steam, go to properties, go to the beta tab, and put in publicbetaplease as the password and it gives you access to the public beta.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES]
These existed in the last build, but did not make the change list.
Indonesian Candi no longer requires Fresh Water.
American Minuteman now has an additional promotion to earn points toward Golden Ages with kills.
Samurai upgrades to Rifleman instead of Musketman (also obsoletes later).

Fall Patch changes discussion thread - Civilization Fanatics' Forums

updated patch notes in thread

Fix a legacy bug that prevented the AI from ever putting together offers for a luxury that a human player now has available for trade.
oooooh

oooooooooooooh

that explains it. Now an explanation how that went through playtesting? Oh well.

Played one game, Hanse seems pretty OP. When you get banking, you have 6 trade routes available usually, which means every Bank/Hanse increases production by 30%. For no upkeep cost. That dwarves the factory. Late game, we're looking at +50%. On every type of production.

Goonsquad Officer
any predicted date for the fall patch? I'd love for my AI to not act like random jackholes.

shit, given 2 more patches we may be back to civ IV levels of logical game play
smile.png

Goonsquad Officer
man i tell you what i wish they'd add. I wish you could bind great generals/admirals to boats/units, like in civ IV generals, I hate moving them around constantly to use their auras, so gimpy and obnoxious. They always follow around my best unit anyway, with like half the admirals in port at all times.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you mean? The changes in BNW to winning a CV are miles better than what it was before.
he's probably talking about nations denying him open borders as soon as he's getting close.

Too bad honor is still terrible. They really don't want early wars anymore.

Really digging the god king pantheon, if you stumble upon faith in your first ancient ruin, that shit snowballs like mad.

man i tell you what i wish they'd add. I wish you could bind great generals/admirals to boats/units, like in civ IV generals, I hate moving them around constantly to use their auras, so gimpy and obnoxious. They always follow around my best unit anyway, with like half the admirals in port at all times.
I think everyone agrees with you there and theres lots more (AI can't handle naval combat for shit although it got a bit better with the newest patch) but that has nothing to do with the changes to the culture system

Too bad honor is still terrible. They really don't want early wars anymore.
yeah they pretty much have all the relevant war themed social policies shoved into the Autocracy ideology and nobody is going to pick up Honor when youre miles better off with a Tradition or Liberty starter

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Paging McCheese:

BNW for $9 with code EMCWXWW235 here ->Newegg.com - Sid Meier

The page says it is for Mac but it gives you a Steam code so I believe it will work for any platform Steam runs on.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
shh, this way we can mock him more if he forgets again. I did just PM him though anyway to be nice.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Thanks for the heads up. Can anyone confirm that the code will actually give me a version that works on PC?

I ran into some trouble with Steam a while ago where I bought a game assuming a Steam code was a Steam code, and it gave me a code which only let me download and install a localized version that I didn't want.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, I always end up in these really long, dragged out games when I play that just end up super tedious.

Is there any real "fun" way to play this?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So, I always end up in these really long, dragged out games when I play that just end up super tedious.

Is there any real "fun" way to play this?
Quick movements and battles helps a ton on the pace of the game. Don't do Huge maps.