Coffee Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got some coffee friends visiting, had to prep lots of coffee
wsvstcL.jpg

brought a brick of that yellow stuff, who knows, i might turn out good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don Francisco, is good, cafe bustelo was surprisingly good, first opened, started getting dank real fast as the hours went by (even in a vacuum)

kudos

<Banned>
Dunkin Donuts hazelnut with cream no sugar. Better than anything Starbucks makes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dunkin Donuts hazelnut with cream no sugar. Better than anything Starbucks makes.
DD's uses Bunn machines, went into one, late night and employee was bored so he showed me the gargantuan coffee maker, the filter was the size of a shopping bag.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Picasso, I need to know if I have ascended into Coffee Greatness.

Girlfriend and I went to Portsmouth for labor day weekend and a local coffee shop had nitro cold brew on tap. I had heard of it before from coffee snobs and was feeling a little antagonistic so I ordered one prepared to throw it in disgust at the hipster staff after taking a sip.

Instead it changed my life forever. I'm addicted. It was the best goddamn coffee I ever had in my life. Nitro cold brew is legit FoH. I've spent the last weeks trying to scope out places that have it in CT. Found one right around the corner from my office. My life is complete.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had a large iced coffee w/ just cream from Dunkin Donuts today. That's about as fancy as I get with coffee.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with being able to consistently make good coffee is that it totally ruins your experience on the go. The only good cup I can ever remember having was at this hipster hole in the wall in LA that basically made coffee that same way I would.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Girlfriend and I went to Portsmouth for labor day weekend and a local coffee shop had nitro cold brew on tap. I had heard of it before from coffee snobs and was feeling a little antagonistic so I ordered one prepared to throw it in disgust at the hipster staff after taking a sip.

Instead it changed my life forever. I'm addicted. It was the best goddamn coffee I ever had in my life. Nitro cold brew is legit FoH. I've spent the last weeks trying to scope out places that have it in CT. Found one right around the corner from my office. My life is complete.
Just learn to cold brew, Nitro Cold Brew is just stumptowns cold brew and they just use industrial filtrons or get the home filtron

You don't need a filtron, you can just get a toddy for 15bucks less, heck you can just get the toddy plastic for 15bucks and buy your own stoppers/filters, or you can just buy a coffee bag/sock, fill it up w/ beans and soak it in a pitcher/mason jar

Or you can put the coffee beans and war in a pitcher, then use a sieve to get the big chunks out then filter it through a regular coffee filter to get out all the sediment.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I've yet to have the nitro at stumptown, cold brew just really isn't my style. Plus, you can get a house coffee there for cheap and get multiple refills.

I've been tempted though just to try it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Chameleon Cold Brew. They sell it in glass bottles in fancy grocery stores. It's definitely not cheap but it's god's gift to black coffee. I like the Pecan or the French Vanilla most.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just learn to cold brew, Nitro Cold Brew is just stumptowns cold brew and they just use industrial filtrons or get the home filtron

You don't need a filtron, you can just get a toddy for 15bucks less, heck you can just get the toddy plastic for 15bucks and buy your own stoppers/filters, or you can just buy a coffee bag/sock, fill it up w/ beans and soak it in a pitcher/mason jar

Or you can put the coffee beans and war in a pitcher, then use a sieve to get the big chunks out then filter it through a regular coffee filter to get out all the sediment.

I know how to make cold brew. But Nitro cold brew is not a particular brand of cold brew. It's cold brewed coffee that has been pressurized with Nitrogen (Think Guiness). It's on a whole different level.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know how to make cold brew. But Nitro cold brew is not a particular brand of cold brew. It's cold brewed coffee that has been pressurized with Nitrogen (Think Guiness). It's on a whole different level.
will have to try

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Speaking of cold brew, i recently tried to do bagged cold brew, basically put coffee in a bag then let sit in a pitcher, these bags were horribly stitched even tho they got rave reviews, they seem to be the only cotton bags around really (i didn't want nylon, already have that with the hario), anyway the silt they produced was so horrible i had to use a paper filter to get rid of the sludge.

Reusable Cold Brew Coffee Filter Pouches (2-pack) from Madesco Specially Designed for Cold-brewing

returning em, even tho they look all black now.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Today is national coffee day I guess, Stumptown was giving away a free cup of their best coffee. 10/10 would drink again.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Nitro cold brew is really good if you tubgirl on an ice luge. But hey I'm glad you like it, maybe if you keep trying stuff until you find some taste we can talk about real coffee.