College Football 2014-15

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
It has nothing to do with Ole Miss. This is why Bama wanted no part of TCU and is really happy with tOSU.
Agreed. I have no issue with acknowledging the dominance of the SEC for the last 10 years... but when the teams that made the SEC dominant(AU, Bama, LSU, UF, UGA,) are getting beat by teams that have been awful for those 10 years... it is not a sign of the SEC being "strong" like the media wanted everyone to believe. It was obvious to anyone not living in the confederate states that the SEC just wasn't as good this year as they have been. I do think bama is a legit top 4 team, but a month ago all the morons on ESPN were begging for 3 SEC teams in the final 4. I'm not saying the SEC isn't a great conference (just like every year), but to think they deserved more than 1 team in the final four was laughable a month ago and is even more apparent now.

TCU clearly deserved a chance to be in the final four.. Unfortunately I don't know who they would have replaced. I stll think FSU had the least impressive season, but they are undefeated and are defaulted. OSU and Oregon are the hottest teams going into the playoffs and bama is bama.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We need to move to 8 teams. 1 through 4 host the first round games then the final 4 in bowl games like this year.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Chavis is gone at LSU, he didn't fly with the team today.

I guess I can say something now, when the Michigan stuff started again I had to deliver a proxy vote to the TAF (they pay they pay the majority of Miles salary) and they voted to urge the AD to releae Miles to speak to Michigan if contacted to do so.

I really don't think he would have went, but it led to a lot of bad blood when the current AD (the dipshit who was in the center of the Duke Lacross scandal) told the head of the TAF that it didn't matter if LSU won or lost, they would sell out either way and he was about maximizing profits.

Glad all that's over. After I got screwed out of my suite I won't be renewing my membership to the TAF and didn't watch any of the game yesterday, I forgot it was on. If I get interested again I will be a casual fan at most.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ole Miss hasn't been the same since Treadwell went down. That basically ended their season.

Since the end of the Auburn game when Treadwell fumbled in the endzone while simultaneously destroying his ACL, Ole Miss has been outscored 89-17 in their 10 quarters of play against D1 opponents since that point in time. Previous to the Treadwell fumble/injury, they had outscored opponents 286 - 119(9 games, average margin of victory of 32-13), including wins over SEC champ Alabama, AAC champ Memphis, Mountain West champs Boise State, and Sun Belt champs Louisiana-Lafayette. So it's not like they beat up on a ton of non-con lightweights to pad their stats in the first half of the season.

Their season ended on that play.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Chavis is gone at LSU, he didn't fly with the team today.

I guess I can say something now, when the Michigan stuff started again I had to deliver a proxy vote to the TAF (they pay they pay the majority of Miles salary) and they voted to urge the AD to releae Miles to speak to Michigan if contacted to do so.

I really don't think he would have went, but it led to a lot of bad blood when the current AD (the dipshit who was in the center of the Duke Lacross scandal) told the head of the TAF that it didn't matter if LSU won or lost, they would sell out either way and he was about maximizing profits.

Glad all that's over. After I got screwed out of my suite I won't be renewing my membership to the TAF and didn't watch any of the game yesterday, I forgot it was on. If I get interested again I will be a casual fan at most.
I feel your pain broseph. Peaks and valleys man, peaks and valleys.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I feel your pain broseph. Peaks and valleys man, peaks and valleys.
I didn't watch any games this year because of medical stuff. I got screwed out of my suite by the TAF and since they raise the money, they won't be getting any more money from myself, the family, or the business. But whatever. I'm moving out of state regardless.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then why in the fuck are they ranked 9th? This is the SEC bias that frustrates the rest of the country. This team should be in the top 15.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I agree with you there. Ole Miss finished with the 5th best record in the SEC. The 5th best team of any conference can't hang with the winner of another power conference. This is the equivalent of West Virginia(#5 B12) playing Alabama, Nebraska(#5 B10) playing Oregon, or Utah(#5 P12) playing Florida St.

Game never had a chance of being competitive.

It's also why I had this game as my #1 most confident pick in the bowl pickem, picking TCU over Ole Miss.(even though I did it ass-backwards and I'm only going to get 1 point for it, lol)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was scared that my SEC bias and blind hatred for all the other conferences made me pick Ole Miss, but I just checked and nope... had TCU thank God.