College Football 2015-16

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Google says 65+ uniforms, over 750k possible combinations. Zero titles. Lulz

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At first USC said no way from what I read it had to be on a neutral site like in Charlotte. Well it's hard to come up with a neutral field in a matter of days notice.

Betting Spurrier makes LSU wear thier away jerseys like has done before.

In the short time it became official I got messages from two different people asking me what I thought would be a good approach/excuse to miss a wedding.

USC pushing for a 7pm start since it sells more tickets (LSU season ticket holders have to buy over the counter tickets. TV is arguing they want Fournette earlier since people tune in for it. We'll see. Edit - Guess USC lost, either noon or 4pm.

Borzak

Glad I'm not going. Game sounds like a cluster fuck already. Non season ticket holders. Sales are "best available" and apparently the parking passes aren't valid either. The TAF (they actually own most of Tiger Stadium) is wanting to know what their cut is lol. Sounds like a lot of people are gonna rush in to get tickets who got priced out by the TAF.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I dont think LSU should ever play a home game before 7:30pm. Just doesnt feel right.

TV has really fucked up college football, day games are just meh. Games are always much better after the sun goes down.

But whatever. I checked the scores this week. 90% checked out of football at this point.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haha, "The heard will migrate south to Orlando where it will winter, for the Capital One bowl".

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Don't worry, he will be blacked out drunk for the next two days and not even know about the loss.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How long before USC and UT lose their status as tier 1 programs?

Been a decade for those programs? And ppl still expect them to be great, is that not insanity?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
USC won't. Look at Notre Dame. They were mostly irrelevant for a couple decades. I think they've grown back into a top 25 team under Brian Kelly, but think of the Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weisz years. Coverage never dipped for the team, though.

They play Navy at home this week. For some reason, Navy is always a hard game for the Irish. I hope it's a blow out for a change.

Interesting fact about the relationship between Navy and Notre Dame - After the Second World War Notre Dame was in danger of closing because there was a massive decline in the student body. Navy saw fit to create an ROTC program there, and sent 900 men the first year. Saved the school. This is the reason for the unbroken chain of yearly football games.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Granted I don't think Texas is on USC's level from a historical perspective but the short answer is no. Both of those programs have natural advantages almost over any other program where it just takes the right coach. For USC, clinging to the Carroll era has been a really poor decision. Just like clinging to the John Robinson era before that was an error. You can never replace those types of coaches with their underlings and expect the same results, the weight of expectations is just too high. The money, prestige and recruiting area both programs pull from are basically unrivaled and why with the right coach they will compete every year for the National Title.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
GrantedI don't think Texas is on USC's level from a historical perspectivebut the short answer is no. Both of those programs have natural advantages almost over any other program where it just takes the right coach. For USC, clinging to the Carroll era has been a really poor decision. Just like clinging to the John Robinson era before that was an error. You can never replace those types of coaches with their underlings and expect the same results, the weight of expectations is just too high. The money, prestige and recruiting area both programs pull from are basically unrivaled and why with the right coach they will compete every year for the National Title.
This is just goddamn ridiculous.

And I'm an OU fan that loves nothing more than to shit all over Texas.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Tomorrow should be fun. I'll be in big d getting hammered at the fair... As a poke, any outcome suits me!

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
That wasn't the game. The LSU SEC championship game where we would have played for the title in like 03 was the game. We knock out the starting QB and RB and blow a 14 point lead. People never got over it, then Cutcliffe left and the offense died and Fulmer made one bad hire and that was that .

Borzak

The LSU game is going to have a number of empty seats tomorrow for a variety of reasons. One is the AD is a dipshit and getting some pushback. Another being everyone plans shit to do on weekends in the fall when LSU is not playing at home, like weddings, hunting etc...The AD called out LSU fans which didn't help. LSU has no control over ticket prices and they don't get TAF points for buying them.

Also fall break for private schools in BR is this week so lots of people took the week off for vacation and such.