College Football 2016-2017 Season

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hmmm, Mizzou is at LSU this week.

I have no idea what to expect. Will the team be demoralized, or rally around interim coach Orgeron. I seem to remember USC kinda rallying around Orgeron after Kiffin got fired.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, even last night before the game was over everyone was taking about Petrino.

I think they'll go hardcore after Herman, Briles, and possibly even Lane Kiffin. I don't think they'll really attempt to go after Petrino unless other coaches turn it down, but I could and likely am wrong. I'm not too worried overall as Petrino is likely one of the last people they'll go after and also I believe he's learned that grass isn't always greener.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
LSU is a prime job so it will be interesting to see how tempted he is. I think Petrino is one of the first they will look into. He made Arkansas pretty good and they hadn't been decent in a long. He's gotten Louisville in the position LSU was supposed to be in for the past 5 years in a really short time. He also would kick the shit out of a Miles coached team. He might be hard to deal with but so are a lot of coaches. I bet he's top 3 option right now.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, the SEC is about the one thing that Briles would bring to the table... wins. They fire a national championship caliber coach, whose last trip to the big game was just a few years ago, so I could totally see them doing that. I have seen and heard a lot of talk about Petrino and Fisher, but I have to say why in the hell would they leave? How is going from a Power 5 school that's not as high stress and loaded as the ACC (still a respectable conference do not get me wrong) and walk into the vipers nest that is Alabama... er the SEC west. Until Saban retires, dude has that conference all but locked down, and with the nuclear arms race that has been going on the last few years, even some of the middling teams are still super dangerous. They can get into the playoff just as easy from the ACC if not easier, why would they want to make their lives infinitely harder? That move just does not make sense to me at all.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
LSU is in danger of pulling a Nebraska. Legendary coach leaves, replacement coach does perfectly well by all reasonable standards, yet school fires him. Tough to make a strong hire after that. Took Nebraska a decade to get back on track(if they even have yet, that's arguable)

Miles won double-digit games in 7 of his 11 seasons, and played for a national title twice, winning once.

I mean, WTF. LSU lost to Wisconsin IN the state of Wisconsin by only 2. Wisconsin looks to be damn good this year. Then loses on an arguable call at the end of the game to a conference opponent. They could have easily ended up with another 9-10 win season this year despite those two early losses.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Penn St has a 270lb place kicker that likes to hit

joeyhit.0.gif

joeysmash.0.gif

Penn State's big kicker keeps destroying people

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
LSU is in danger of pulling a Nebraska. Legendary coach leaves, replacement coach does perfectly well by all reasonable standards, yet school fires him. Tough to make a strong hire after that. Took Nebraska a decade to get back on track(if they even have yet, that's arguable)

Miles won double-digit games in 7 of his 11 seasons, and played for a national title twice, winning once.

I mean, WTF. LSU lost to Wisconsin IN the state of Wisconsin by only 2. Wisconsin looks to be damn good this year. Then loses on an arguable call at the end of the game to a conference opponent. They could have easily ended up with another 9-10 win season this year despite those two early losses.

Heh, LSU has had serious issues despite being loaded with talent for years now. People that think the only reason Miles is getting fired is because he can't beat Saban are dead wrong. The reason Miles is getting fired is we've had a serious down swing in team quality despite ranking up in the top of the nation for recruiting.

This years problems seem to be offensive line and QB related. However there are a lot of coaching issues in there that have been bubbling to the surface over the years. Mile's obsession with a run first offense that can't run against anyone but powder puffs and lack of dedication to opening up the run via spread has got teams just sitting 8+ guys in the box virtually every play. Hey, spread these fuckers out and do something besides throwing the ball at or near the line of scrimmage or running 90% of the time. LSU's formation selection and play calling has been terribly predictable to say the least.

My one complaint with this is I kind of wish Cam Cameron was giving the Interim job to see what he could do with it without being shackled by Les Miles. At least there would be some continunity on offense and he could build on some stuff he was trying to implement to see if it really was just Les being "I only fuck in thel Missionary Position" about things.

I see zero chance Jimbo is interested in moving here. He has an easy path to the playoffs already. No reason what so ever to go try and lock horns with Saban and deal with the fickle LSU fans.

I also think if Lane Kiffin moves it would be a huge smack in the face to Alabama and Saban. Maybe he and Saban don't get along that well and he wouldn't mind trying to show up the best coach in college football while giving the school a giant FUCK YOU! Somehow I doubt he wants to do that. Moving to LSU from Alabama would be a big deal.

Regardless, the current trend was certainly downward. The issue with firing Miles last year was the selection of coaches to replace him and timing of it all. This year there is time to shop, I'm not sold on the potential candidates.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Arguable call? Don't make me cuck you, bro!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Heh, LSU has had serious issues despite being loaded with talent for years now. People that think the only reason Miles is getting fired is because he can't beat Saban are dead wrong. The reason Miles is getting fired is we've had a serious down swing in team quality despite ranking up in the top of the nation for recruiting.

This years problems seem to be offensive line and QB related. However there are a lot of coaching issues in there that have been bubbling to the surface over the years. Mile's obsession with a run first offense that can't run against anyone but powder puffs and lack of dedication to opening up the run via spread has got teams just sitting 8+ guys in the box virtually every play. Hey, spread these fuckers out and do something besides throwing the ball at or near the line of scrimmage or running 90% of the time. LSU's formation selection and play calling has been terribly predictable to say the least.

My one complaint with this is I kind of wish Cam Cameron was giving the Interim job to see what he could do with it without being shackled by Les Miles. At least there would be some continunity on offense and he could build on some stuff he was trying to implement to see if it really was just Les being "I only fuck in thel Missionary Position" about things.

I see zero chance Jimbo is interested in moving here. He has an easy path to the playoffs already. No reason what so ever to go try and lock horns with Saban and deal with the fickle LSU fans.

I also think if Lane Kiffin moves it would be a huge smack in the face to Alabama and Saban. Maybe he and Saban don't get along that well and he wouldn't mind trying to show up the best coach in college football while giving the school a giant FUCK YOU! Somehow I doubt he wants to do that. Moving to LSU from Alabama would be a big deal.

Regardless, the current trend was certainly downward. The issue with firing Miles last year was the selection of coaches to replace him and timing of it all. This year there is time to shop, I'm not sold on the potential candidates.

The problem with LSU is I-Formation Dive right for 3 yards 75 times a game.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So, there has been some discussions over the last few days about college RBs and the presumed "best RBs" in college this year. It was brought to attention that our RB is one that is sneaking by without much notice. .

Stats of the "top" RBs were compared
Fournette: 67 rushing attempts, 386 yds, 5.8average yards, 2 TDs | Receiving: 9 rec, 69yds, 7.7 avg, 0 TDs
McCaffrey: 79 rushing attempts, 436yds, 5.5 yards average, 3 TD | Receiving: 12 rec, 119yds, 9.9avg yards, 1 TD
Cook: 78 rushing attempts, 495yds, 6.3avg, 4TD | Receiving: 13rec, 180yds, 13.8 avg, 0 TD
Radcliff (Lou): 46 rushing attempts, 427yds, 9.3yards average, 3 TD | Receiving: 4rec, 37yds, 9.3avg, 1 TD

Interesting seeing all these "Heisman Watch" RBs stats compared to a RB that is getting little to no attention nationally. Radcliff is putting up crazy numbers, especially when you compare the rushing attempts to his total yardage and his avg rushing yards. I'm just glad we have some other weapons other than Jackson, but no idea why he's been quiet in the national headlines when his numbers not only compare, but crush the others in certain categories. There likely is some differences in competition, but by that much?

In other news, David Boren is now saying 'no' to the Big 12 expansion. Big 12 needs to crumble and fall as it is made up of idiots.

Last edited:

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Radcliff will have no shot at even being a Heisman finalist as long as Jackson stays healthy all year. He'll be overshadowed by his teammate, and get relatively little attention nationally because of it.