Comic Books

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Googled Korean in Space, did not know S.Korea had a space program
yi_so-yeon.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've said it before, but WHAT IN THE SHIT IS WITH THAT ART??

Do they really expect people to want to look at that? Let alone pay money for it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've said it before, but WHAT IN THE SHIT IS WITH THAT ART??

Do they really expect people to want to look at that? Let alone pay money for it?

Everybody is trying to fuckaround AGAIN with esoteric styles since Batwoman. That art isn't any worse than that Arkham Asylum Graphic Novel everybody gushed over in the 90s

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Everybody is trying to fuckaround AGAIN with esoteric styles since Batwoman. That art isn't any worse than that Arkham Asylum Graphic Novel everybody gushed over in the 90s
Every artist should just take take Jim Lee 101 and copy that shit instead of this ugly ass shit they put on the their D-List titles.
1986759-justiceleagueinks.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I can see everything that is going on, and not leave it up to my mind's eye to make up the fucking scene for me b/c some fucking artist nut job doesn't know how to fucking shade.

1986759-justiceleagueinks.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like it.

There has been alot of bitching about "house style" particularly against DC, over the last 5 years or so. Marvel definitely was riding on that, and hiring atypical talent. Sometimes good. sometimes Squirrelgirl.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
My Marvel Unlimited sub just renewed for a new year, last year was my first. As long as you like Marvel (obv) and are OK with a six-month delay on the release of new stuff it's awesome imo. Never going back to a new monthly pull list.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
Up to issue #9 of The Vision. It's really good, I think. It's about him trying to construct a family life, which I find much more interesting than firing lasers at bad guys. Kind of in the same vein as Matt Fraction's Hawkeye (which I also loved). I find myself not reading superhero comics anymore the last few years, at least not ones where they are flying about doing hero work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl have said, if you can stomach the art, give vision and moon knight a read, more story than art/action.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
When it comes to art, I always think Alex Ross and Kingdom Come. It's right up there with Blade of the Immortal for absolute best illustration work I've seen in a comic/manga.
269382-kingdom-come.jpg

And
ckAi1cp.jpg

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Up to issue #9 of The Vision. It's really good, I think. It's about him trying to construct a family life, which I find much more interesting than firing lasers at bad guys. Kind of in the same vein as Matt Fraction's Hawkeye (which I also loved). I find myself not reading superhero comics anymore the last few years, at least not ones where they are flying about doing hero work.
Yeah, The Visions is great.
Its Tom King. The guy is killing it. its total bullshit he didn't even get nominated for an Eisner.
Tom King (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grayson, The Visions, The Omega Men

Batman:rebirth, Batman now. linked above.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Top two for me ATM Sheriff of Babylon, Tom King is awesome all around. I need to catch up on The Visions and start on his Batman work.

Clean Room by Gail Simone or Ellis's James Bond 007 are my current most anticipated.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe time for a break. Went to the comic shop Tuesday night, put a stack of a dozen or so new books in my box for new comic day... come the next day and they didn't make it to my box. Equal parts want to just shut down my box and say fuck it, and also don't care about anything I was buying beyond baseless speculation/collecting to now pick up anything that's sold out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe time for a break. Went to the comic shop Tuesday night, put a stack of a dozen or so new books in my box for new comic day... come the next day and they didn't make it to my box. Equal parts want to just shut down my box and say fuck it, and also don't care about anything I was buying beyond baseless speculation/collecting to now pick up anything that's sold out.

It's all Image for me atm

east of west
invincible
TWD
lazarus
Jupiters Legacy
Saga
Monstress

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I haven't read much DC. What are some good events/series from the past ~10 years or so to go back and read? It can be something short similar to Seige, or a storyline like Superior Spider-Man.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I haven't read much DC. What are some good events/series from the past ~10 years or so to go back and read? It can be something short similar to Seige, or a storyline like Superior Spider-Man.

Everything in-between Batman Turning electric Blue until the New 52... Except identity crisis

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I honestly have no idea about that. I just remember the uproar when Superman went blue...and then red. I don't even remember wtf that was all about.