Community

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Community

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2009-09-17

Creator: Dan Harmon

Cast: Alison Brie, Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Paget Brewster, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash, Keith David

Overview: Follow the lives of a group of students at what is possibly the world’s worst community college in the fictional locale of Greendale, Colorado.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
soooon

Iq7uU.jpg
rrr_img_5606.jpg

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Ooooooooooo When is it supposed to come back on? And that pic is freaking awesome, wonder how that episode goes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yep, he quit halfway through the coming season. I'm really surprised he lasted this long, he's a complete asshole.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yep, he quit halfway through the coming season. I'm really surprised he lasted this long, he's a complete asshole.
Did he quit or was he fired? I'm not arguing with you, but I thought there was some fiasco where the producer of the show publicized some assholes messages from Chase? Or I guess that explains why Chase quit? Either way, I'm glad, he sucked on the show and dragged it down.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Did he quit or was he fired? I'm not arguing with you, but I thought there was some fiasco where the producer of the show publicized some assholes messages from Chase? Or I guess that explains why Chase quit? Either way, I'm glad, he sucked on the show and dragged it down.
The creator of the show had a big public feud with Chase and was fired before production of this season began. Then, half way through filming this season, Chase quit anyway. I guess he was just impossible to please.

Anyway, here are Britta and Annie in lingerie:

rrr_img_5714.jpg
rrr_img_5715.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chevy never liked being on the show. Publicly calling being on a sitcom "the lowest form of television". So he left to do classier and more dignified things, real serious stuff.

On the show they had to trick him to do shit. He never wanted to do what the writers/directors said. So they'd tell him "Just try it once our way, then we'll do some your way" just to get the takes they wanted. He is a legendarily massive piece of shit asshole.

Chevy Chase walked off the set while filming the season 3 finale and refused to film something. Harmon explained:

"He refused to do the "tag" for the Digital Estate Planning episode (the 8-bit video game episode). In the scripted tag, Abed comes to Pierce with the thumb drive he took, and says "Pierce, I've been able to adjust some of the code for your Dad's video game and I've made a version I think you might like better." He puts the thumb drive into a laptop in front of Pierce. We cut to the laptop screen, where we see Pierce's avatar on a front lawn with the giant floating head of Cornelius. Every time Pierce presses the space bar, his avatar throws a baseball to his father's head, which gives him a thousand points and a "great job, son!" Pierce presses the space bar a few times, pauses, then leans over and embraces Abed and we fade to black.

When Adam Countee pitched that tag, tears instantly rolled down my cheeks, and in point of fact, my eyes are getting watery describing it to you. It was the most important part of the episode and possibly one of the most important moments of the season. I was very upset to hear that it wasn't shot because someone didn't feel like shooting it, especially since it was literally the last day of shooting, which meant we'd never be able to pick it up. I regret nothing about how upset I got. My job was to care about my show."

Baraz_sl

shitlord
From my understanding we'll still see him in quite a few episodes, since he quit towards the end of filming didn't he?

iannis

Musty Nester
I like what Bill Murray has said about Chevy Chase. Things along the lines of, "When you first get famous it is impossible to not become an asshole. It just is. If you've never been through it that probably sounds like an excuse, but those first two years you get big it's just impossible to not be an asshole. You either get through that, or you don't."

In conclusion, the best thing about chevy chase is bill murray's commentary on the human failings of his character.

I remember watching 5-6 EPs of Chevy Chases late night talk show way back when, you prayed every night that he would finally pull it together. I really felt bad for him, it was painful to watch. It was a hydrogen airship's flaming corpse falling into a smoking crater filled to the brim with derailed locomotives. It crushed my young heart to find out he wasn't at all funny without a script.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
From my understanding we'll still see him in quite a few episodes, since he quit towards the end of filming didn't he?
Yeah, it was like 2 episodes from the end of the season, and supposedly it was a mutual decision between him and the showrunners.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Chevy won't be in episodes 11 and 12.

I'm looking forward to that Christmas episode in, oh, April or so.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database