Community

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, GLOW did it to her years ago.

I didn't even recognize her the first time I saw
offtopic a bit, i've never been a giant Beck fan (did see him live at a festival once and his band was incredible), but that song and video were fucking awesome, never heard that before now thanks!

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
offtopic a bit, i've never been a giant Beck fan (did see him live at a festival once and his band was incredible), but that song and video were fucking awesome, never heard that before now thanks!
Every Beck album (with few exceptions) is entirely different than any album before it. Beck is one of the most versatile and talented musicians of our generation, in my opinion.

Edit - on topic Gillian got her kit out in the movie Choke and it was...

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Every Beck album (with few exceptions) is entirely different than any album before it. Beck is one of the most versatile and talented musicians of our generation, in my opinion.
if the rest of that album is anything like that first song i'll be scooping that up right away

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>

After being discussed for around a decade, the Community movie is coming much closer to being a reality, according to star Joel McHale.

In an interview with Deadline today McHale first pointed to recent comments by co-star Donald Glover in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, confirming that “the script’s done.”

McHale said that while he hasn’t yet read the script himself, he’s more than happy to share some story details. “We go to the center of the earth,” he joked. “It’s like the movie The Core.” (In an interview with our sister publication, The Hollywood Reporter, Glover revealed that the film centers on “a college reunion.” One-time Greendale Community College film student Abed Nadir, played by Danny Pudi, is now “this big director,” and the Peacock pic we’ll watch is “his magnum opus.”)

In all seriousness, McHale said, it’s his belief that the Community movie will shoot “this year.” He’ll be “shocked,” he said, if it doesn’t. “But I really do think it’s happening this year, and probably next week. It’s basically working around Donald’s schedule.”

Peacock officially announced the Community movie back in 2022, enlisting Harmon and Andrew Guest to pen the script. McHale said during a January 2023 interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that it was to begin shooting in June of last year, though those plans fell through in a double strike summer.

In addition to McHale, cast members set to return for the movie include Pudi, Alison Brie, Gillian Jacobs, Jim Rash, Jeong, Yvette Nicole Brown, and Glover.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The stories told about him are pretty wild. McHale and him got physical a few times and no one liked Chevy. He seemed to think he was above doing a TV show (despite being a has been for a while before the show) but he still wanted the paycheck. It's kind of surprising how well his character worked when you consider no one actually liked working with him.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The stories told about him are pretty wild. McHale and him got physical a few times and no one liked Chevy. He seemed to think he was above doing a TV show (despite being a has been for a while before the show) but he still wanted the paycheck. It's kind of surprising how well his character worked when you consider no one actually liked working with him.
It wasn't even just this show. He has a history of being a pain in the ass.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Also, Pierce has been dead for 2 seasons. His sperm has been appropriately bequeathed.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No Chevy? Disappointed.
How would you do that, story - wise? He's dead in the show.

BTW, I thought he was dead IRL too. I thought that was why they killed him off. I checked before posting though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I don't remember him dying on the show. And yeah, I get that he's a pain in the ass. Sometimes you suck it up.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I don't remember him dying on the show. And yeah, I get that he's a pain in the ass. Sometimes you suck it up.
Exactly, you choose to take a check for a fuckin job, least you can do is not be a cunt about it.

One would think.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if the show would have ever been bought without chevy. I know Joel was pretty big, but he was streaming big. Not SNL/Caddysack/Fletch big.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder if the show would have ever been bought without chevy. I know Joel was pretty big, but he was streaming big. Not SNL/Caddysack/Fletch big.
Feel like it was mostly a young/unknown cast and they had to grab somebody with name recognition for the older demo. Don't think he was a big selling point as much as a reach to a niche of the audience. Pretty sure Donald Glover was hot shit within NBC after writing for NBC and he was a lot of the impetus of the show coming out. I think 30 Rock was blowing up and Fey and Lorne put in a goooooood word for him with the head honchos to get Community out there.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He also wrote some very classic early internet sketches including "Bro Rape" and "Blowjob Girl".

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I knew both those, want to say Brorape is what got him noticed. Derrick productions or whatever it was called