Community

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I just hope they don't waste half the season on some shitty 'farewell to Pierce' sub-plot. Can he just walk in front of a car and everyone gets over it and the show goes back to normal afterwards?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just hope they don't waste half the season on some shitty 'farewell to Pierce' sub-plot. Can he just walk in front of a car and everyone gets over it and the show goes back to normal afterwards?
With any normal show that could never happen, but with community it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves a scene and we find out in the next scene that he was killed offscreen or something, and life goes on. That would be ideal, actually.

spronk

FPS noob
you should watch happy endings by the way, a lot of the season 1 community writers are on that show and its great. Plus it has jack bauers daughter and she is still hot as fuck
rrr_img_6117.jpg

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
When does the new season start??

I remember watching 5-6 EPs of Chevy Chases late night talk show way back when, you prayed every night that he would finally pull it together. I really felt bad for him, it was painful to watch. It was a hydrogen airship's flaming corpse falling into a smoking crater filled to the brim with derailed locomotives. It crushed my young heart to find out he wasn't at all funny without a script.
Interesting! By the way, how did Murray end up being in the Wes Anderson and other indie movies?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Person who made the show good got fired, and finally the person who was probably making the show suck left/fired...of course after getting the creator kicked out.

Also bumping so Bing Bang Theory isn't at the top of the forum.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The new season is completely without the creator, right?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New show runners, mostly the same writers/directors. Though Megan Ganz recently left to write for Modern Family and she was one of the main writers. Still had a hand in most of the upcoming season though.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
You know, when I heard we were getting things like an Inspector Spacetime Convention episode, I was worried we were going to get the worst of all worlds: a show quirky enough that the mass audience still ignores it but without Harmon's singular madness that we watched the old version for.

We got the worst of all worlds.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I missed the first 10 min or so, but from what I saw it didn't work for me. The cartoon baby stuff is a prime example. First, it felt forced. Second, why is baby Greendale Abed's happy place? The Dean had a feel good lines but overall it was meh.

This review nails it. There are flickers of that old Community, but it's missing its soul.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/history-101,91985/

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think you guys are too harsh. I remember last season's opener wasn't too hot either. I think they have to get through the "story" kind of stuff to set up the year.

I have faith.